Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

NY Meeting

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-03, 04:50 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We can just sit in the cars and talk thru cracked windows!!

LOL Indoor stuff is kinda tuff, I think some Long Island guys tried GreenAcres and it didnt work out too well. I said Green Acres because its not too far from FBF, maybe 20-30 min depending on traffic
Old 09-17-03, 05:21 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

These locations all sound like good suggestions so far. Let's keep 'em coming!

It looks like FBF is not gonna happen for us, and I also would like the meet to take place somewhere in the NYC boroughs. Bear Mtn is decent (we had fun over there), but like aliga said, we should try someplace more central for us NYC/Long Island people.

If we have to, we can always pick a rain date if there are no indoor meet spots around.

BTW Derrick, where is Green Acres?
Old 09-17-03, 05:36 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Green acres is on the borderline of Queens and Long Island. You just take the belt and get off at Sunrise highway and go straight. its very simple, but I dont know how security is, there is a indoor parking structure there, kinda like Kings plaza
Old 09-17-03, 07:26 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Green acres is on the borderline of Queens and Long Island. You just take the belt and get off at Sunrise highway and go straight. its very simple, but I dont know how security is, there is a indoor parking structure there, kinda like Kings plaza
Ahh, gotcha Derrick. Green Acres Shopping Ctr, I know where that is. That's not far from JFK airport.

Funny when you said Green Acres, I thought of the TV show...
Old 09-17-03, 07:36 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

QUOTE]Originally posted by lexusk8
Ahh, gotcha Derrick. Green Acres Shopping Ctr, I know where that is. That's not far from JFK airport.

Funny when you said Green Acres, I thought of the TV show...
[/QUOTE]

yeah that it bud, i wish some LI guys would chime in, I think I rememeber reading when I first joined about a meet there.

hey doug did you get my PM?
Old 09-20-03, 05:00 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Meet

OBI on Long Island.little further than Jones Beach.
Old 09-21-03, 10:19 PM
LexRoc
Lead Lap

yeah that it bud, i wish some LI guys would chime in, I think I rememeber reading when I first joined about a meet there.
If you guys are looking to do a meet on LI, I would look at Eisenhower Park. Its 2 minutes from Nassau Colesium. I dont know the logistics if you need permits or anything. I would imagine you would. At least there, there are parking lots. ( I dont know if a lot can be reserved though). Also, Along the South Shore in Wantagh, there is Cedar Creek Park which has a couple of nice parking lots. There area few lots away from the general area of the park and most of the time empty. Someone mentioned OBI. Thats a great location as well. Right now on Sunday mornings, there is a big cruise in that lasts to about 12 or 1. Mostly domestics.
Eisenhower Park is about 30 minutes outside of NYC.
Cedar Creek Park is about 40 minutes outside of NYC
OBI is about an hour outside of NYC.

I dont know if I'll b able to come to the meet. My wife is due with our first child on 10/8, so right now, Im taking things day by day. If I can swing it, I'll be there.
Rob
Old 09-24-03, 05:36 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Green Acres??

Dont know about Green Acres. Nassau P.D. Will definately break up the meet and the security at the Mall will also kill it for us, in just a matter of time... At Kings Plaza they wanted to shut us down also...(if anyone remembers).
Thats messed up about FBF ....we already had two meets there...I wonder what happend?
What about a Parks parking lot....at least no one can get us for loitering or some BS like that cause thats what people do in the park...Loiter!...LOL
Anyways how about Cuttingham park in queens or Alley Pond park in Queens also????
they are both near Highways so the shouldn't be hard to get to for the CT and Jersey people....distance from FBF is around 25 min also and closer to LI....

Anyone chime in Yes?...No??....what do you all think?

Only thing is there is multiple parking lots at these parks and we would have to be specific on which street the meet is held on (in reference to that parking lot)
Old 09-24-03, 05:40 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lets be quick !

AND we should hurry up also fellas because that NOV 12 meet in 2002 was FREEZIN my A$$ off.....LOL
Oct should be kool but NOV....has no mercy on us.....Cold as a Muh Fugga...LOL...at least for me
Old 09-24-03, 08:11 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by NYC ES3
Dont know about Green Acres. Nassau P.D. Will definately break up the meet and the security at the Mall will also kill it for us, in just a matter of time... At Kings Plaza they wanted to shut us down also...(if anyone remembers)
I feel the same about having a meet at a mall. Not too fond of the idea, what with the onlookers, security and all...
Anyways how about Cuttingham park in queens or Alley Pond park in Queens also????
they are both near Highways so the shouldn't be hard to get to for the CT and Jersey people....distance from FBF is around 25 min also and closer to LI....
Having those park(s) close and convenient from the highways is a good idea, though I never heard of those parks from Queens. Can anyone get more info about them (i.e. size, # of parking lots)? So far we've heard of:

- Marine Park in Brooklyn
- Eisenhower Park, Cedar Creek Park and OBI in Long Island
- Flushing Meadow Park, Cunningham Park and Alley Pond Park in Queens

Queens gets my vote for location of the meet. It's not too far for us, especially those from CT and NJ. Let's hear from the others!
Old 09-24-03, 09:51 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Queens sound good to me...
Old 09-25-03, 02:25 PM
WRXtsy
Driver School Candidate

might i suggest Alley Pond Park? it's off the LIE exit 29 (springfield blvd.). we subaru guys have meets there all the time. the parking area is pretty big and the cops don't bother us (unless some dumba$$ starts acting up). you're allowed to have a bbq there if you guys want too. open to the public. just a thought.
Old 09-25-03, 02:26 PM
WRXtsy
Driver School Candidate

while we're at it, anyone that does video/audio installs wanna make a lil $? PM me for details.
Old 09-25-03, 07:05 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

contact angelslex on this board, he does installs.
Old 09-25-03, 07:55 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

so what is the official date? i'm coming up the 16th and leaving the 17th but will b back around the 21st..

Quick Reply: NY Meeting