Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

NY Meeting

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-03, 08:00 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

We haven't talked about dates much, but I think a couple of us mentioned Sunday Oct. 12th (day before Columbus Day). I can't speak for the day of the meet, so let's pick a date quickly! I'm cool with whatever weekend date in October. Maybe we can work something out so bluelex will be available to show up...
Old 09-26-03, 04:04 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bluelex
so what is the official date? i'm coming up the 16th and leaving the 17th but will b back around the 21st..
This kid is coming up to get married and is trying to sneak in a meet!! I can just see it now, someone asking "who's that kid with the nice blue car, and why the hell is he wearing a tuxedo?"
Old 09-26-03, 06:54 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
This kid is coming up to get married and is trying to sneak in a meet!! I can just see it now, someone asking "who's that kid with the nice blue car, and why the hell is he wearing a tuxedo?"
...lol...too funny "D"....i won't b in my lex , i'll b in my prelude...no way i drive on those NE roads. plus i would have 2 leave the car parked outside in west paterson, n.j. cus my future in-laws don't have a driveway or garage...srew that ...but i was thinking i could drop by depending on if it when i there.
Old 09-26-03, 03:46 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by WRXtsy
while we're at it, anyone that does video/audio installs wanna make a lil $? PM me for details.
Call Dennis,Tell him to check PM
Old 09-26-03, 09:30 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default DATE

I say lets do it in Queens, Alley Pond park ....On Oct 12th....this way many people will have off the next day and can probably do what they gotta do in thier personal biz that monday....

thats my vote....what do you guys think??
Old 09-26-03, 09:49 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Default Alright guys, I'll be in the city tomorrow

I called up Flushing Meadow Park today, and the lady told me a $25 permit would be required for any special event planned (even just a simple gathering at a parking lot). This is too bad 'cause the park seems really nice with all the greenery, water fountains and nature-related stuff. I understand that there's a parking fee at Shea Stadium ($10), so that won't do any good. Also, most of the LI parks are for town residents only, or require an expensive permit for an event.

Seems like we're running out of options for decent and available parks in the NYC boroughs All except for Alley Pond Park, as Steve ('WRXtsy') mentioned. I'm going to take a drive down there tomorrow and check it out. If the parking lots at Alley Pond are free and open to the public, and if there are eateries nearby, that will be our meet location. JMO, it might be too cold to have a BBQ come October, but we can discuss about it later, if need be.

So if any of you guys are in the NYC boroughs tomorrow and like to get in touch with me, my cell is 203-770-7579, as I plan to spend most of the day randomly driving around the boroughs spot-to-spot (Yes, I know I have nothing else better to do, hehe, but my original Saturday plan got ditched).

One final thing to add. I'm gonna go ahead and say that SUNDAY OCT. 12TH will be the day of our meet. I hope that most of us will be cool with that day

-Doug
Old 09-26-03, 09:55 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Alley Pond

Like i said the 12th is cool with me......Alley Pond should be fine....people basically just go there with kids and some people play baseball and stuff but the lots are just drive up and park....so there should be no restrictions....or pay-outs. Just a bunch of guys with cars hangin out and checkin eachothers rides, B.S-ing" and eating.....
Old 09-28-03, 10:00 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alley Pond sounds good to me...Only a 40 min ride from where I am...Count me in...
Old 09-29-03, 01:37 PM
mokujin101
Rookie

yeah alley pond cool for me to
Old 09-29-03, 02:39 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

ok i know he said ally pond is off the LIE exit 29 or something, but where exactly is that in LI. about how far away from the verrizano bridge? if anybody can post the address so we can type it into mapquest that would help.
Old 09-29-03, 03:58 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

about how far away from the verrizano bridge?
Verrazano is by where I'm coming from...It's about 45 mins away...
Old 09-29-03, 04:56 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to get an emissions test that weekend. Is there a place nearby to get it done?
If there is, does anyone have a set of spare jack stands or ramps I could use during the meet too?

I'm coming up from Maryland that weekend for my yearly emissions test.
Old 09-30-03, 06:46 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to try and make this meet since I'm in Springfield Gardens, Queens.
Question, how many of you bring your GF's with you, mine actually showed some interest.
Old 09-30-03, 07:04 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by technics
I'm going to try and make this meet since I'm in Springfield Gardens, Queens.
Question, how many of you bring your GF's with you, mine actually showed some interest.
Not bringing mine (she and her fam busy moving to new house), but you're welcome to bring along yours. In the last meet we had in Bear Mountain NY, a handful of CL members showed up with their GFs, and they all had a great time.
Old 09-30-03, 09:20 PM
WRXtsy
Driver School Candidate

well, i'm not too sure about the address but after you get off of the LIE, you take a right on Springfield Blvd. I believe it's about 3 or 4 lights and you'll see the park on the left. make a left after the park and it's another left into the parking lot. lemme figure out an addy close by.

Quick Reply: NY Meeting