Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Greenwich, CT Inspection Service Needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 12:19 PM
golfkwesi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greenwich, CT Inspection Service Needed

Need help! Does anyone live near Greenwich, CT ( 40 minutes from NY ) that can recommend a service that I can hire to check the body for paint/damage on an '02SC430? I have to ask CL before I close the deal because I don't want to have to fly there without having it inspected.

This car is a one owner trade-in that the dealer added two options when it was purchased. Has anyone had any experience if either of these can create any issues for me:

1) dealer will remove the hands free Motorola phone that is clipped on the leather to the right & below the radio. Dealer says I won't even know it was ever there.

2) Dealer treated the paint with Teflon Auto Armour. Said it last for about three years to protect from acid rain. Dealer says it does not affect Lexus warranty.

Blue/Saddle with 3,800 miles.

Sure wish I could find the right car in Florida!
Old 09-18-03, 06:22 PM
DeniskaGS4
Pole Position

I got my GS400 new from Lexus of Greenwich. I had no problems with them..
Old 09-19-03, 05:51 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I have no problems with Lexus of Greenwich either. Their service dept is one of the best I've experienced, and if you tell them beforehand to look after a few things on your car, they will take care of them fully
Old 09-19-03, 12:34 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never had to go back a 2nd time for any service or repair... ever.. and I did over $5000 mechanical serivce there. They are awesome and 100% trustworthy. On more than 1 ocation they gave me an estimate and when I got the bill it was less... when I asked why it was different the service rep told me that the mechanics were working faster so less labor... I was astounded...

I would trust them 100%. Greenwhich also happens to be one of the richest neighborhoods in that area so they will do the absolute best.

not sure about a service you can hire... but I think if you are AAA member you can contact them for it.
Old 09-20-03, 06:14 AM
golfkwesi
Driver

Default Greenwich past experience's

Hello DeniskaGS4, Lexusk8 and VSsc400,

Thanks to all of you for replying to my need for help regarding an independent inspection company. After reading all of your comments I would like to ask each of you the following:

1) Since I have not received a referral for the inspection would each of you purchase the SC, without an inspection, based on the dealer warrantying that the car has had no paint/body work & no accidents. They say the 1 owner is a 4 time customer of theirs.

2) I'll have the added expense of flying to Ct & driving the car home to FL ( I'm still not comfortable about buying/shipping & only seeing a few digital pictures. What do you think of $53,900 '02 for this car with 3,800 miles?

3) MY problem is that I only want the Blue/Saddle so maybe 3% of all the SC's I can qualify. I have found another one , private owner in Florida, but he wants more than I had set for my budget. I can afford it but never thought I would spend this much. My question is: this SC is an '03 with 7,900 miles BUT it has the chrome TRD wheels ( if you remember several weeks ago I posted pics with these wheels on a white SC ) I really like the wheels & they cost around $2,400 from Sewell. He wants $56,500. How would you compare these two different SC's. Do you think one is a far better deal or are they equal, etc.

Sorry to ramble on but this has been one of my toughest decisions trying to find the right SC. My plans are to keep this car for at least 6 years & it will be my every day car.

PS: I will call AAA to see if they can help. Should not be a problem to have the car in FL inspected by an independent company.

Thanks in advance for you time in responding, I appreciate your advice.

Michael
Old 09-20-03, 09:56 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cost of flying from florida to greenwhich should be something like $150 or so. i think you may the option of landing at westchester airport which is only about 20 minutes from the dealership.

They both sound like great vehicles and both have low miles.
If you really want the wheels then I don't see why it would be a problem buying it from the private party since the warranty is transferrable.

I think the mileages on either car is enough to warrant a price difference. But the 03 is newer and may fetch a few hundred dollars more after 6 years.. if anything at all.

cost of Premium gas from greenwhich CT to miami florida is about 1000+ miles... so... 2bucks a gallon @ 20miles/gallon = 50gallonsx2bucks = 100bucks worth of gas and motel stayovers etc etc

your round trip should cost you something like 500bucks including cab and airfair.

if you can convince the seller in FL to come down to price @ 1500 over the 02 in greenwhich and if the guy is willing to throw in the original wheels then i would buy the one down in FL.

good luck
Old 09-20-03, 08:34 PM
Deanski
Driver

Default Lexus of Greenwich

I live not too far away from Greenwich and grew up in Greenwich and can tell you their service is one of the best. I'm about 20 miles from town and know the service well.

Another great Lexus dealer with a very high quality of service is Lexus of Westport.

Prior to taking delivery of it, I would have Armorglove install paint protection film or clear bra. I have a new SC430 and can tell you first hand that they chip easy. I had Armorglove do the hood (wrapped) front bumper/air-dam, headlights, fender by headlights, side mirrors, rocker panels and door cups for about a litle of $1000.00. I would also have the car shipped. Driving it all that way can be a pain if the car still has the RFT as they ride like rocks!

Armorglove has a location in Greenwich and did my car. They do all the high-end cars in the area and are by far the best.

The "teflon" protection is not really anything to do with Teflon. What they used is a polymer sealant that has to be updated every so often. Those that get it better read the guarantee. No teflon in it at all. It may also be a florine coating as well. As an Autopian member, we see these "snake oil" dealer applied coatings all the time.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 09-21-03, 01:20 PM
golfkwesi
Driver

Default Armorglove

I won't be coming to Greenwich. I opted to purchase an '03 Blue/Saddle with chrome TRD's only 188 miles from me in Fl ( subject to my inspection..hopefully I can get a referral in Miami ).

I want to Armorglove the front but don't want to add another $1,000. I believe that I was quoted around $400 - 500 but I don't know if they even have a franchise down here.

What area's would you cover with a $500 budget? I thought that they usually came up the hood about three inches? Did you have the entire hood wrapped?

Michael
Old 09-21-03, 05:44 PM
Deanski
Driver

Default Armorglove

You can see the website at Armorglove Up to 26" forward on the hood. They can do customer work as well.

Regards,
Deanski
Attached Thumbnails Greenwich, CT Inspection Service Needed-amroglove4.jpg  

Last edited by Deanski; 09-21-03 at 05:45 PM.