Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Alley Pond Park, Queens NY meet on Sunday, Oct. 12th

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-03, 06:41 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope absolutely not! This is the over 12 second club. lol j/k

see you there man.

Originally posted by gadgetSC
Hey....can I come?
Old 10-08-03, 07:13 AM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by lexusk8

Why does this always happen whenever we schedule a meet in NYC? I'm just hoping that it only rains at nighttime, and not during the day. Columbus Day looks to be a good day, but I'd be at work (and so will a few others). Let's just wait and see if the forecast changes for this Sunday. Hey Canaan (our CL meteorologist), what's the official weather word?
Sunday looks like there may be some showers in the area, nothing soaking, but sure to be annoying. I'll post a more accurate update tonight, but 24hrs ago it looked like a soaking rain and now just light showers, so the trend is for less rain and I hope it continues.
Old 10-08-03, 07:34 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Derrick, I don't know what I'm doing yet...I might have a guest, I have to make sure first...If I'm going solo, I'll meet you off Rockaway Blvd...I'll keep you informed...

Last edited by One HoT SC400; 10-08-03 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-08-03, 10:24 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by One HoT SC400
Derrick, I don't know what I'm doing yet...I might have a guest, I have to make sure first...If I'm going solo, I'll meet you off Rockaway Blvd...I'll keep you informed...
No prob D, just call the cell whenever
Old 10-08-03, 04:31 PM
Phillycat-24
Driver

Default meet!!!!!!

Hey Hey Hey you guys can count me in as of right now.
Old 10-08-03, 05:54 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Weather pre-thoughts

Saturday (the 11th) is looking to be a better day than Sunday, just mostly cloudy and some sun. I know this probably isn't the right time to say this but I am a bit tempted to push the meet for that day Saturday; I have a feeling that there is going to be some kind of rain on Sunday, which is going to scare off a lot of people from coming. I know I am mentioning this kinda too soon, but I rather know about this now and let you guys know ahead of time. Plus, rain is not going to suit most everyone's needs to come out for a meet.

<sigh>... So tell me what you guys think ; I am all ears for anything. Is postponing the meet an option? I think a lot of people have waited for this holiday weekend to have one. I'm just babbling right now.
Old 10-08-03, 06:49 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

what about a rain date for the following week or two. gives people some time to reschedual
Old 10-08-03, 09:49 PM
GS430 GUY
Lexus Test Driver

Doug,
I wouldn't worry about rain, the only model that showed rain is now dry for Sunday! All the computer models show no precip for Sunday now. Watch the forecast change tomorrow for Sunday. There is still a slight chance of showers for Sunday night as a cold front moves through but the chance will be less than 40% IMO. Here is the GFS model for 2pm Sunday, notice the precip is off to the east of NYC/LI! The trend is your friend....
Attached Thumbnails Alley Pond Park, Queens NY meet on Sunday, Oct. 12th-gfs_slp_090m.gif  

Last edited by GS430 GUY; 10-08-03 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-08-03, 10:01 PM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wheatherbug.com gives another guess: 30% chance of raining
Old 10-09-03, 05:48 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

The lower the chance of precipitation, the better; I like that! Canaan, good looking out the weather pattern for Sunday; I have better confidence for the day of the meet.

On another note, anyone who lives in CT or MA would like to caravan with me down to Queens on Sunday? Let me know, and I'll fill in with more details.
Old 10-09-03, 05:56 AM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Originally posted by lexusk8
The lower the chance of precipitation, the better; I like that! Canaan, good looking out the weather pattern for Sunday; I have better confidence for the day of the meet.

On another note, anyone who lives in CT or MA would like to caravan with me down to Queens on Sunday? Let me know, and I'll fill in with more details.

Yeh...its like a 40% chance of rain maybe a thunderstorm...but it doesn't look like the day will be a complete WASH OUT...so speaking for myself I say we all still meet.
Old 10-09-03, 08:05 AM
steviej
Lexus Champion

it will be either next Sunday or next spring for me. I'm puttin faith in Canaan's early forcast.
steviej
Old 10-09-03, 10:02 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Sunday sounds so much better than Saturday, IMO...
Old 10-09-03, 11:18 AM
chuckisc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't change plan because of the weather! I want to meet up with you all... Cool?
Old 10-09-03, 11:45 AM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't do Saturday unless you guys want to come get an emissions test with me.

Bye the way, does anyone know if adding more cats to my car is illegal? I know that removing cats or relocating them is a federal offense. But is adding more against the law? This is just a fun question that I've been pondering.

Quick Reply: Alley Pond Park, Queens NY meet on Sunday, Oct. 12th