Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Northeast SC owners with Slotted & or drilled rotors

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-03, 09:37 AM
teke52
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northeast SC owners with Slotted & or drilled rotors

What up y'all! I live in NJ and am going to be switching to slotted disks (maybe cross drilled too, but I think I'm leaning towards just slots). At any rate, I was wondering if my fellow SC drivers in the northeast ,or anywhere else where the winters get bad, could give me some feedback on their rotors...preferably after you've put some decent miles on them and they've made it through at least one winter of at least semi regular driving. How have the rotors held up? How has the Plating held up? Any wobble, noises or vibrations? Have any of your rotors cracked or warped? Any particular reason you think they cracked or warped? What kind of rotors do you have (brand and slotted, drilled, etc...)? What kind of pads? How have the pads held up? I want to make sure I don't get any surprises when I take the plunge and do all 4 corners. I'm just a newbie here looking to make sure I do things right. BTW I have 16s and will not be upgrading to a larger size...staying stock size. Thanks!

Old 10-01-03, 10:58 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

teke52 you not only have a region, but brakes also in your post. Please use our subforms and put the post in it's proper place so we can keep our forum clean, thanks!
Old 10-02-03, 09:13 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

teke ur going for the supra brake upgrade no? buying the calipers only and going with the cross drilled? I am planning on doing this and i'm in nyc. I don't see how your gonna fit those brakes on 16's though. My friends have the cross drilled on his supra and he drives it in the winter fine. No problems no cracks. No vibrations or noise. They work perfectly.
Old 10-03-03, 06:40 AM
teke52
Driver

Thanks for info on your buddies brakes mrshabo...greatly appreciated! My post says that I will NOT be going with bigger brakes. I'm sticking with my 16 inch rims and am going with slots and/or drills on OEM sized rotors. I've seen a few places offering stock sized cross and slots . But thanks for the info...I'm trying to find out if they are gonna hold up for a while here in the brutal NE...lol...and your response has given me some hope . lol I just need more peeps to comment...so come on people let me here how well or bad your slots and/or drills are. Thanks to all. Peace