Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Alley Pond Park Meet Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-03, 06:25 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile Thanks to all for coming!

Once again, we pulled off another successful meet NE-style, all due to the accurate weather reports by GS430 GUY (thanks Canaan), and the location suggested by WRXtsy (thanks Steve). I knew that sooner or later most of you guys would want a meet somewhere in the heart of the NYC boroughs, and this was probably the most appropriate time to have one (i.e. weather not too hot and not too cold, and everyone still sticking with their summer mods near the middle of October).

- We of course got to meet up with our "old" CL pals (you know who you are), and got acquainted with a handful of newbies like Stefwilli (our 1st-gen ES rep ) and Dex (love the HID, grille and rims on your GS3).
- Some of us helped each other with mod fixes, like the HID installs on a friend's Volvo and Mitsubishi, and the cleared inner tails on Djdelite's GS430 (they look great!).
- I have to agree that this is our biggest turnout for the ES clan (5 total). It was especially an honor to see Stefwilli's '92 w/ the sound system, NYC ES3's '97 w/ the rims, and FLiP Sp33d's '97 w/ the spoiler. You guys know how to do the ES thing NYC-style!
- The red G35s were a nice addition to our Lex lineup. After seeing these beautiful coupes up close and personal, you fellas are definitely welcome to our future meets
- The tire blowout incident w/ DaizenLex's SC4 was tragically funny; I thought that a garbage can got knocked down when I heard that loud *boom*! Thanks to Mike and Irina for inviting me and Dennis to a tasty brick-oven pizza dinner Maybe we can do the steakhouse deal next time when we have more people interested in coming.

All in all, I'm super glad everyone enjoyed and had a great time together at Alley Pond Park, and that no one got in trouble or anything like that. Nice to see that the Philly GS crew and our Boston rep Steve took the time to come to Queens, and made it back home safely. Congrats to all who won the raffle prizes (sorry that the Lexus dealerships did not come through with their stuff this time, maybe next time).

I will post pictures tonight (and Derrick, I got a couple REALLY nice ones of your 1st-gen that'll make you and bluelex go 'WOW')

-Doug

P.S. Oh in case anyone's wondering, here's an estimated tally of the cars at the meet: 11 GS, 8 SC, 5 ES, 2 IS, 2 G35 coupe, 1 LS, 1 Subaru WRX. Makes a grand total of 30 cars!

Last edited by lexusk8; 10-13-03 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-13-03, 08:44 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Great job on the meet Doug!

Also, thanks for the water.
Old 10-13-03, 08:52 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

always a big thanks and thumbs up to Todd @ TMengineering for donating the camber correction kit. I will surely enjoy them =)
Old 10-13-03, 09:33 AM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Gazi

Originally posted by aliga
Great job on the meet Doug!

Also, thanks for the water.
Gazi were you there bro ,Im sorry i didn't thank you for find that door for me .thanks again, hope i get to meet you next time .
Old 10-13-03, 11:24 AM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DOUG'S THE MAN!!!
Old 10-13-03, 12:43 PM
ArCaDe007
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Nice meeting all of you guys, had a great time. Anyway, I know I was the only LS400 out there but damn, only one picture posted. Anyway, I grabbed that one pic of my car and im posting here. Hehe, one for one, one LS4 at the meet, one pic of the LS. You GS fellas got me wanting a GS400 now. Who knows, maybe next meet, I will have. Probably go broke doing all of the upgrades. Im off to the GS forum to check out my options!
Attached Thumbnails Alley Pond Park Meet Pics-93ls500.jpg  
Old 10-13-03, 12:48 PM
no2faber
Lead Lap

Default Great meet!

It was my first time out driving to the city, and i think it calmed some of my fears about driving in the boroughs. The meet was awesome! My first time to one of them. Just wanted to say thanks to Doug for the great event (and stickers ) and blackmarket for giving me clear directions. I'm gonna put that K&N filter I won sometime in the next few weeks once I clean it and have some time.
Old 10-13-03, 03:12 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
Thumbs up

It was a great meet as always, lots of nice cars. Nice to see the CL members again and meet some new ones.

Thanks to Doug for setting the whole meet up, for the CL stickers, and for those wiper blades!

Very nice pics, keep them coming.
Old 10-13-03, 03:43 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by RNM GS3
It was a great meet as always, lots of nice cars. Nice to see the CL members again and meet some new ones.

Thanks to Doug for setting the whole meet up, for the CL stickers, and for those wiper blades!

Very nice pics, keep them coming.
RNM, my navy blue brother
Old 10-13-03, 06:39 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Jus like to say thanks to everyone who took the time and coordinated this event.. The weather was great and Id like to add I had fun as usual.. Im always amazed at what everyone knows and the time that CL members take to put in their car and help others out...Special thanks to Chuck, Jimmy, Paul, and especially Jason for bringing me my inner tail lights.. I took the advice from you guys and got them all polished up...they look much better now.. I will attempt to post some shots not seen...
Attached Thumbnails Alley Pond Park Meet Pics-install1.jpg  
Old 10-13-03, 06:43 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Default Finished look for my lights

This is an after shot....
Attached Thumbnails Alley Pond Park Meet Pics-install2.jpg  
Old 10-13-03, 06:44 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Default Re: Finished look for my lights

Originally posted by Djdelite
This is an after shot....
Hey look closely we can all see ourselves....
Old 10-13-03, 06:49 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

They look better with the LED lights that I got today....
Attached Thumbnails Alley Pond Park Meet Pics-install3.jpg  
Old 10-13-03, 06:51 PM
Djdelite
Pole Position

Default Picture on the way to meet

PaulGS430 rollin
Attached Thumbnails Alley Pond Park Meet Pics-paul-crusin.jpg  
Old 10-13-03, 06:52 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Default Re: Re: Finished look for my lights

Originally posted by Djdelite
Hey look closely we can all see ourselves....
Thats crazy man!! I just looked LOL. Its funny I told another member to look at the pics last night, and he asked me what the hell was everybody doing standing around the black GS that was further down with the trunk up. if you look at the pic, it seems like whole meet was centered around this install! Funny stuff, nice ride DJ

Quick Reply: Alley Pond Park Meet Pics