Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

How much modifying are you DOING?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-03 | 11:35 AM
SexY10
Driver

Default How much modifying are you DOING?

Here's a thought that crossed my mind, How many Lexus owners out there plan on modifying their Lexus into a full showcar or fully built street/race car? I'm to the point where i want to either get rid of my car or complete the car to the bone (everything modified) I just want to know how many people out there in the lexus community do plan on modifying everything or slightly modifying or to modify only above the STOCK look....
Old 12-21-03 | 02:53 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

My GS is my daily driver so I'm limited on what I'm willing to do for show. And CARB limits me on what I can do for go. Having said that, I'm finding overwhelming peer pressure to modify the look and personal motivation to make the car faster [but still smog legal]. This Norcal group is one tough crowd!
Old 12-22-03 | 01:15 PM
BayGS2200
Lead Lap

well......after owning couple of heavily modded cars, i bought the gs4 and thought i'll keep it pretty much stock.........yeah right ......as always it starts with rims/drop and just snowballs after that.
i have no intentions of showing my car ever, but i still have put a bit of effort on the show side of the car. but mainly i wanna make it quick(1/4 mile) .........smog legal?........hehehe..........no comments.
but honestly it is far easier to modify the is to make it really quick(if $'s matter of course)
than the gs so if i were you, i'd keep the is and go for it.......all the way

Last edited by BayGS2200; 12-22-03 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-22-03 | 02:38 PM
SexY10
Driver

Hmm.. i now have a better idea of far some are modifying their cars..i guess i'll be making very important investments and choices from here on with this car... but for sure.. my next car will be LIGHTLY modded.. hahah going this far sometimes causes me HEADACHES
Old 12-22-03 | 07:40 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Default This will be my new Daily Driver

Well I just posted the completed exterior mods to my car in the IS forums.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=98807

I wanted that could-of -come-from-the-factory look and also wanted an upscale version of the car like Mseries and AMG. So this is my version of what I think Lexus should do if they offered a tuner version/.
Attached Thumbnails How much modifying are you DOING?-3-4-front.jpg  
Old 12-24-03 | 02:44 PM
B_Cruz
Driver

Well I just got me GS400 and I have no intentions of building a show kaa or a track car. I just have Apexi coilovers for the ride height adjustment and I am in the process of getting some staggered 19's. I would never build a show car and if I was to build a track car(you know, the kind with turns) I would definitely choose a platform other than Lexus. Basically I just want a ill cruiser.
Old 12-24-03 | 03:53 PM
SexY10
Driver

that is cool that you are building a cruiser B-Cruz. Ever since i saw the Junction produce Aristo i just thought wouldnt it be nice to drive one of those? The reasons why i would head in that direction is bc It's more of a up class scale and i'm pretty sure doing Cosmetic mods wont run into problems.. Like i said before i' m just running into problems and havent even touched the motor.. BUT! i will always be into motorsports/race regardless.. no matter what car it is i would want a FAST STREET CAR
Old 12-24-03 | 09:10 PM
Dee
Lead Lap

Originally posted by SexY10
that is cool that you are building a cruiser B-Cruz. Ever since i saw the Junction produce Aristo i just thought wouldnt it be nice to drive one of those? The reasons why i would head in that direction is bc It's more of a up class scale and i'm pretty sure doing Cosmetic mods wont run into problems.. Like i said before i' m just running into problems and havent even touched the motor.. BUT! i will always be into motorsports/race regardless.. no matter what car it is i would want a FAST STREET CAR
you know what if you want an aristo mine is up for grabs at the right price of course.
Old 12-25-03 | 09:14 AM
SexY10
Driver

DEE, DID u read my post that you quoted? I said "FAST" hahaha.... The Gs4 is too heavy, my problem with the IS3 right now is also weight.. darn luxury cars are always HEAVY.. and WHY are u getting rid of ur Bluegum? if u sell for 5k or under i'm willing to buy for my daily BEATER hahahhaha
Old 12-28-03 | 11:04 PM
Dee
Lead Lap

Originally posted by SexY10
DEE, DID u read my post that you quoted? I said "FAST" hahaha.... The Gs4 is too heavy, my problem with the IS3 right now is also weight.. darn luxury cars are always HEAVY.. and WHY are u getting rid of ur Bluegum? if u sell for 5k or under i'm willing to buy for my daily BEATER hahahhaha
now that is just too low!!! and i am not talking about the price
Old 12-29-03 | 01:09 PM
SexY10
Driver

Dee- haha sorry you know what car i would really invest in if i were to buy another vehcile... your own cousin owned a black one remember? haha.. from here on i'm not going to purchase any more vehcles that are automatic unless it's an off roader Muahhah

Last edited by SexY10; 12-29-03 at 01:10 PM.