Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Blue GS sighting - was it rominl?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-04, 09:00 PM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue GS sighting - was it rominl?

I just saw a great looking blue GS with the yellow fogs and 2001+ taillights pulling into the Safeway parking lot at Rivermark shopping center around 8:30pm tonight. Was it you rominl? If it is, then it's the 2nd time I've seen your car without actually having met you yet.
Old 01-31-04, 10:27 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What kind of kit is on the car? He is the only one I know of with the UGO kit.
Old 02-01-04, 08:12 PM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

Unfortunately, I didn't take notice of any kit when I saw the car - I just passed by it going the opposite direction while we were both in the parking lot. I saw it was blue, had wheels that look like the recent pics of rominl's.
Old 02-01-04, 10:58 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

did u honk at him or anything?
Old 02-02-04, 12:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

haha yeah that's me baby, you are right on i live very close to there. when was the last time you saw me?

and what car do you drive? you were in your gs4? i didn't recall seeing a gs4, i remember seeing a bimmer 740il and another 3 series.

you live close by too?
Old 02-02-04, 07:39 AM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

Yeah I live right nearby there too! I wasn't driving my GS4 at the time since I'm too scared to park next to other people.

The last time I saw your car was when I saw you pulling out of the Arques 76 and onto Lawrence.

It's not surprising you didn't notice me, since I was driving a 1st gen Nissan Altima at the time. I don't think you'd be too happy with ppl in Altimas stopping you to chat.
Old 02-02-04, 11:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by PhantomZX
Yeah I live right nearby there too! I wasn't driving my GS4 at the time since I'm too scared to park next to other people.

The last time I saw your car was when I saw you pulling out of the Arques 76 and onto Lawrence.

It's not surprising you didn't notice me, since I was driving a 1st gen Nissan Altima at the time. I don't think you'd be too happy with ppl in Altimas stopping you to chat.

haha it's cool man, it's not the first time someone stops me when i get off my car and talk to me funny, i used to lived at avalon silicon valley (right by corner of 101 and lawrence) that's why you saw me at the 76 gas station. and now i moved and live right by rivermark and you see me again! so we live really close to each other huh? believe it or not, RMMGS4 is only couple of doors away too!

and man, tell me about scared of driving the GS but you don't have a choice when you only have one car
Old 02-02-04, 11:08 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

PhantomZX

We should hook up soon.

Rivermark is my watering hole. We have had several mini meets there at Peets Coffee and Red Robin

Just ate at Yan Can there tonight.

You also saw Rominl pulling out of the Arques 76 and onto Lawrence? Yeah he probably went to Costco. That's his favorite place to park the GS you know !

We will have an informal mini-meet this Saturday afternoon.

PS - you should of posted in the NorCal forums so that the locals would have more visibility.

I barely caught this post and if Rominl wasn't on it 24 by 7 he might not of caught it either.

PM him or me and let's hook up.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-02-04 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-03-04, 08:21 AM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

Originally posted by rominl
...and man, tell me about scared of driving the GS but you don't have a choice when you only have one car
LOL - not hard for me when my daily driver costs less than 1 of your wheels!

Originally posted by RMMGS4
[B]...Just ate at Yan Can there tonight.

PS - you should of posted in the NorCal forums so that the locals would have more visibility. [B]
I can't stand Yan Can! If I go to Rivermark to eat, it's Yoyo Sushi or Piatti.

I didn't even know a NorCal forum existed! I put it in the GS forums and the mods moved it here. Will do in the future!

RMM - I'm sending you a PM now.

Last edited by PhantomZX; 02-03-04 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-03-04, 12:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

PhantomZX

We should hook up soon.

Rivermark is my watering hole. We have had several mini meets there at Peets Coffee and Red Robin

Just ate at Yan Can there tonight.

You also saw Rominl pulling out of the Arques 76 and onto Lawrence? Yeah he probably went to Costco. That's his favorite place to park the GS you know !

We will have an informal mini-meet this Saturday afternoon.

PS - you should of posted in the NorCal forums so that the locals would have more visibility.

I barely caught this post and if Rominl wasn't on it 24 by 7 he might not of caught it either.

PM him or me and let's hook up.
great.... stop talking about costco, i was just there the other day doing grocery shopping. i am not like you man, i don't have carSSSS around!
Old 02-03-04, 12:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

LOL - not hard for me when my daily driver costs less than 1 of your wheels!

I can't stand Yan Can! If I go to Rivermark to eat, it's Yoyo Sushi or Piatti.

I didn't even know a NorCal forum existed! I put it in the GS forums and the mods moved it here. Will do in the future!

RMM - I'm sending you a PM now.
boy, you got your beater for 2k? seriously i have been thinking about getting a beater just for all the stupid places, but haven't decided. maybe, one day

yeah i don't really like yan can at all too. maybe coz' i am chinese, their food is just bad and definitely not chinese at all
Old 02-03-04, 05:14 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah Henry,
get a beater so you don't have to borrow one of my Carsss when you go to SF.

Well we didn't like Yan Can the first time either, but we got hungry and tried them again and found a couple of items that were actually good. If we want those items we'll go back, otherwise, yeah the rest of the food is not that good.

My PM box was full but I have cleaned it out so it should be OK now.
Old 02-03-04, 05:18 PM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

The Altima is my girlfriend's beater. My beater cost $1100 Just sell one of your wheels and you can get one too!

I have probably only put 600 miles on the GS since I bought it and that includes 1 240-mile round-trip to Cache Creek and 1 100-mile round-trip to Union Square. I'm ultra-paranoid about parking the car, so much that I dislike driving it now. That's why I've put it up for sale.

I only went to Yan Can because I got sent a coupon for a free appetizer of chicken wings with shrimp chips. It tasted terrible! The restaurant tries to do exotic southeast Asian cuisine, but they have no friggin idea how to do it right! Banana Leaf at McCarthy Ranch is the place to go for that kind of food.
Old 02-03-04, 10:20 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[B] I'm ultra-paranoid about parking the car, so much that I dislike driving it now. That's why I've put it up for sale.
/B]
Sounds like you need to have some discussions with a shrink. Is your girl friend good looking? Better get rid of her because other guys might hit on her. Seriously though, that's what insurance is for...

Last edited by redgs4; 02-03-04 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-03-04, 10:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Yeah Henry,
get a beater so you don't have to borrow one of my Carsss when you go to SF.

Well we didn't like Yan Can the first time either, but we got hungry and tried them again and found a couple of items that were actually good. If we want those items we'll go back, otherwise, yeah the rest of the food is not that good.

My PM box was full but I have cleaned it out so it should be OK now.
man, to me unless it's really bad conditions, i wouldn't come and borrow a car. i mean, driving to SF area night time till midnight in the GS with what i got on the car? boy you asking for it

Quick Reply: Blue GS sighting - was it rominl?