Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Feb 8 Meet Review: Post Your Stories / Pics Here

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-04, 04:40 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Feb 8 Meet Review: Post Your Stories / Pics Here

ATTENTION: Here's the next BIG Mini-Meet: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...604#post807604

Well it's past 4am, and the last of the NorCal members have just left my house a couple hours ago.

Here's my story:

THE BEST LAID PLANS
I had the meet all planned out. We were to meet on the second floor of this newly built garage complex, where I knew there were NO cars utilizing the parking space, since the Hotel was not yet opened. It was a perfect venue; it would be easy to find and we had all the space in the lot to position our cars for a group photo shoot.

EVERYTHING FALLING APART
The day started to go wrong for me from the beginning, by being a half hour late to my own meet. I got lost going home from another activity and wasted 20minutes figuring out how to get home. I called Redgs4 to hold the fort until I got to the meet. 30 minutes later, I'm turning the last corner to the meet location and I see Rominl headed out, followed closely by several other cars. Like WTH is going on? I get a phone call from Redgs4 that the police have already broken up the party and kicked everyone out for loitering.

I quickly scramble and gesture to as many cars as I catch going out, to go back in and follow me.

I roll down the window and yell at everyone I saw with a Lexus to turn back and park anyway, some of the people I didn't even know and they didn't know me either.

We eventually park in the garage lower floor and I start to tell everyone that they can't kick us out if we all go to Peet's and get a cup of coffee. At that point, we are patrons of the mall and have every right to congregate and park our cars there.

As we gather at Peet's, I start to introduce myself hastily to the newcomers and try to re-group our activity. I had this whole thing planned out and now people are going to go to our pre-arranged meeting spot and find NO ONE there.

LUCKY PANDA
Luckily 13S_IS300 called me on my cell and I told him to turn around and go back to the garage. He went back to the second floor since I didn't tell him we were now in the downstairs parking. Lucky for us, that mis-communication turned out to be a blessing, cause he ran into PandaGS430 who had just arrived there and found no one. Panda just drove over 100 miles to meet up with us and we came very close to totally missing him if 13S_IS300 had not run into him. As of this writing I have no idea if anyone came late and never found us. Sorry if we missed anyone.

PHOTO OP SHOT
After we all got together at the coffee shop, we realized we had less than an hour before sunset and we no longer had a primo location to take a picture of our cars. After some quick decisions, we decided to go to an open public parking area just a few minutes down the street. I thought great, that spot was just as good as the original location. I lead the way for the 5 minute drive and as I turn in to the driveway, the parking lot is gated and locked shut. CRAP, foiled again.

EUREKA I'VE FOUND IT
We pull over in front of the closed lot for another 5 minutes and we decide to go to the Great America parking lot, again just around the corner. I'm like, crossing my fingers this time, since the lot is humongous and the amusement park is still closed for the winter. We round the last turn and the gate is open and there are no cars anywhere. AWESOME

MAGAZINE SHOOT
Long story short, we were able to take some great shots of our cars, however, initially it was in the back of our minds that we could get booted again at any moment, so we hastily parked our cars and we all took out our cameras and shot away. After about half an hour, we realized that we were probably good in this location and we re-org'd the cars for some interesting camera angles.

GRAMMY FOR BEST PICTURE AT A MINI MEET
I only have a 2 megapixel camera, so I'll only post the one best shot I took. Lucky for us, 13S_IS300's girlfriend, Amy had a 6 megapixel camera with her. I brought a folding ladder and rested it up on a light pole which allowed us to take a nice aerial photo of our cars. Amy was a daring lady to climb up to the top of the ladder and get some good shots for us. I'm looking forward to seeing her pics posted here soon.

Everyone, please post any pics you have on this thread.

DINNER
After the photo shoot we headed down the street for dinner and had a lot of great conversations. At this point, a few people had to head home. My only wish is that we had MORE time to talk to everyone.

THE PARTY NEVER ENDS
It's getting close to 8pm and we still had around 10 people come over to my house and continue our discussions. As some left throughout the evening, another 5 people came in late. By almost 2am, the last 5 people decided to call it a day.

EPILOGUE
Overall, what I thought was going to be a mini-meet with 5-10 people, ended up with over 20. Considering I posted this meet just 48 hours before it happened, this was a great turnout. It was great talking to everyone and I'm glad a lot of new members made it, especially those that came from so far away. Next time I'll try to post in advance and we'll actually plan an activity, so that we dont' get kicked out for loitering !

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-10-04 at 01:25 AM.
Old 02-08-04, 04:56 AM
RMMGS4

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Here's my Money Shot

Order in which they appear:

---------------------------------------------------------REAR CARS--------------------------------------------------------------------

. . . . . . . . . . . . .JEFSMR2 . . . PandaGS430 . . RMMGS4 . . . . . . .Phat_IS . . .INDGOGRL

Lex400SC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1NewLexIS300 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .PhantomZX . . . . . 13S_IS300

Synergy . . . . . Chan2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . GS400KID . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Redgs4

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jim Meader . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Rominl

---------------------------------------------------------FRONT CARS-------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached Thumbnails Feb 8 Meet Review: Post Your Stories / Pics Here-group-shot-2.jpg  

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-08-04 at 05:02 AM.
Old 02-08-04, 05:38 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great group photo!!
Old 02-08-04, 11:17 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, I missed that meet. I always miss the damn meets... =(

that picture looks great!!!!!

Last edited by JunctionGS; 02-08-04 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-08-04, 11:31 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

MORE PICS!!
Old 02-08-04, 12:02 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by lex400sc
MORE PICS!!
ditto man whats with the teaser???!!!
Old 02-08-04, 12:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
ditto man whats with the teaser???!!!
well, you guys just can't wait huh? wait! patience!

hey, you saw my face? haha
Old 02-08-04, 12:46 PM
kokonutjc
Lead Lap

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn missed the photo shoot ! ! !
I pulled out of the parking lot and saw RMMGS4 calling people to turn back around but unfortunately I couldn't stay any longer. I wanted to meet all the CL members and let you guys and gals know that I do professional photography on the side and if anyone needs any photos done with their car, yourself or anyone let me know. Next meet I am willing to take the photo shoot for all ya'll....! ! ! I would like to put a photo link of norcal CL members and their cars on my site.
Here's a little taste of my work (non-cars) http://www.palmphotography.com/portraitportfolio.htm

Peace and Chicken Grease,
Old 02-08-04, 03:28 PM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

Nice to meet all you guys. Sorry I had to leave early - I got some kind of food poisoning right after lunch that day and combined with the lack of warm clothing during the photo shoot, I just wanted to head home.
Old 02-08-04, 07:56 PM
djo715
Driver School Candidate

rats - I guess that would explain why when I showed up around 4:30-4:45 - why there weren't any cars there at all..

Oddly enough I did end up at Pete's... by the 2 cops who probably chased everyone away...

Bummer...

-Darryl
Old 02-08-04, 08:01 PM
B_Cruz
Driver

damn looks like I missed a good meet. more pics puhleaze!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-04, 10:02 PM
Synergy

It was great seeing everyone! We have a great group of people representin' NorCal

Glen - that picture is awesome and should be in a freakin magazine!!
Old 02-08-04, 10:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Synergy
It was great seeing everyone! We have a great group of people representin' NorCal

Glen - that picture is awesome and should be in a freakin magazine!!
more pictures to come chris.

yeah it was a very nice turn out. sorry i was running in and out all the time, i was busy with something else all day long so i had to go home, but it was deifnitely nice to see you guys.

phantom, sorry i didn't get much to talk to you, definitely next time man, we have tons of stuff to go over

synergy, man, you need to get your headlight fixed soon! that's some serious problems!

jeff (i forgot your sn again!), sorry i had to help with the ladder so i couldn't talk to you. if you got more questions about my car just shoot me a pm with the details, i am sure i can give you a lot more info on the comparisons!

oh and for all i care, damn that stupid cop. i hate them all
Old 02-08-04, 10:53 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

I'll post what I've been able to upload. Between CL choking on the pictures and my cable modem resetting, I haven't had much luck. I have a 5MP camera, I'll be kind and link the smaller versions in this thread. See my gallery for the BIG pictures. Had a great time -- it was nice getting together with the regulars and great to meet some new faces.

After getting kicked out of the parking structure at the mall, the next site is gated. That's RMMGS4 up front.

As I'm taking this picture from the back of the line, they start to leave. Hey guys, wait up!

We drive next door to the Great America parking lot. That's me on the end, of course.

Got a few pictures, but shadows were heading in quick as dusk approached.

RMMGS4 started waving his arms and telling everyone to park in a funky way. Nearly had a few fender benders.
That's Synergy's silver GS sporting his new TTE/L-Tuned look. Jim's black SC400 is at point -- bored & stroked
and ready to play!

Same setup, different angle. That's rominl's blue GS.

Last edited by redgs4; 02-09-04 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-09-04, 12:05 AM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Wow!!! Looks like you guys had a great turnout despite all the troubles you encountered. Wish I could have made it.

Quick Reply: Feb 8 Meet Review: Post Your Stories / Pics Here