Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Feb 28 Mini- Meet - Dyno Status

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-04, 09:54 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Feb 28 Mini- Meet - Dyno Status

I will be posting important information on this thread in the near future.

Any people who are signed up for the dyno should check back here soon.

We will need to organize the dyno availability by time slots.

The dyno will start as early as 9am and run until early evening.

We will need to schedule the cars in a fair and resonable way so that people don't sit around all day, especially if they get put on a waiting list.

I would say that those who are on the current dyno list from #s 7 and up should probably plan to be available in the afternoon, say between 1pm and 5pm. We 'might" be able to have a few slots avaliable before 1pm, but I can't guarantee it.

We will try to accomodate everyone, as best we can.

Any questions or concerns , just reply to this post.

Use the other meet thread for sign ups and other meet diiscussions.

Thanks

PLEASE RESPOND ON THIS THREAD FOR DYNO RELATED TOPICS ONLY.

Status 2/21
- At this moment we are trying to schedule a second dyno day on Friday, Feb 27. I will have confirmation on Monday if this is possible.

- There are ONLY 13 slots available for Saturdays Dyno Day. We have scheduled the time slot spacing conservatively, so it is possible that we will be able to run more cars, but at this moment we cannot guarantee more than 13 cars.

- The list below is how the schedule will appear if we get confirmation to run cars on Friday. If we CANNOT get cars scheduled for Friday then the Friday cars will be moved back to Saturday and the last 4 to 5 cars will be bumped on to the waiting list.

- If you would like to run your car on Friday instead of Saturday, please PM me and I will try to schedule you in, once we get approval.

- As a courtesy to those on the waiting list, please notify me if you need to cancel.

Status 2/23

Well, it looks like the availability to dyno some cars on Friday is very limited. I originally attempted this so that EVERYONE who signed up would be able to dyno their cars. Unfortunately, I could only get an appointment to dyno two cars on Friday. So it looks like we will have to re-organize the Saturday Priority List.

I'm sorry that we will not be able to guarantee that everyone will be able to dyno their cars. We actually did not expect the tremendous response because we posted a Dyno interest thread two months ago and only got 12 cars signed up.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=107865
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=103915

So in the interest of fairness, those in the shoot out get 1st priority, those that were invited (Jim Meader , ISV300) or responded to the original threads will get 2nd priority and everyone else will get priority in the order of sign up.

Some things to consider:
1. We have tried to be conservative with the dyno time per car so there is a possibility that we will be able to get in more cars than we have allocated.

2. We have allocated 13 spots (3 pulls per spot, some shoot out cars get two spots or 4 pulls), but it is estimated that we can get in as many as 18 cars in the allocated time.

3. If you are on the waiting list, we will have a good idea whether you will be able to dyno your car by seeing if we are ahead of schedule during the 1 to 2pm time frame. Also note that as with any activity, there will probably be "NO SHOWS"

4. If you are on the Waiting List, we still encourage you to attend and enjoy meeting with others.

5. Anyone on the waiting list who shows up to the meet will get a complimentary copy of the NorCal V.2 DVD valued at $15 and currently available for purchase on www.LexusGoneWild.com. You will receive the free DVD whether or not you are able to dyno your car. Just see me to pick up your DVD at the registration table. (FREE ONLY to those still on the waiting list as of Friday, Feb. 27)

6. Please respond to this thread, should you decide not to attend the meet / dyno so that I can update the list and get someone else into your spot.

www.dynolabs.com
LAST & FINAL UPDATE MIDNIGHT 2/28 !

Thursday Feb 26
1 - RMMGS4
2- sqwerlmstr03

Friday Feb 27
1- INDGOGRL - TM plug vs Stock plug shoot out (IS) (6 pulls)
2- 13s_IS300
3 - r.maestas

Saturday Feb 28 - Subject to Change
8:45 - redgs4 - K & N FIPK intake vs stock intake shoot out (GS) (3 or 4 pulls)
9:30 - 97sc
10:15 - Jim Meader
11:00 - Synergy - 20 inch rims vs stock 17" rims shoot out (GS)
11:45 - Synergy - 20 inch rims vs stock 17" rims shoot out (GS)
12:15 - boostadict
1:00 - soarer1023
1:45 - DjHobbes
2:45 - soodxn
3:30 - Jim Shang
4:15 - GS.95746
5:30 - nthach
6:15 - BoostedIS

5 - Waiting List - Dee

YOU MUST be present NO LATER than the appointment times listed above, but it is strongly recommended that you register and pay for your dyno 30 minutes before the scheduled time.

If you are not present when your name is called, you will lose your place in line and will be bumped to the end of the Waiting List.

If we are ahead of schedule and you have not yet arrived, we will let the next available car go ahead of you BUT you will be inserted back in line at the next available time slot, so long as you have not missed your posted appointment time .

See you at DynoLabs
25 Beta Court unit N
San Ramon, CA 94583

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-28-04 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-19-04, 01:13 PM
13s_is300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glen, maybe we whould get the list together and post it up in this post. so everyone knows where they stand. just an idea.
Old 02-20-04, 10:07 AM
RMMGS4

Stay Tuned. I will have more info by tomorrow.

It will be VERY IMPORTANT for Dyno people to check this thread out, so check back soon.
Old 02-20-04, 12:39 PM
BoostedIS
Driver School Candidate

Are we allowed to dyno tune our car as well ?
Old 02-22-04, 12:18 AM
RMMGS4

Originally posted by BoostedIS
Are we allowed to dyno tune our car as well ?
Saturday time is limited, so we cannot take up too much time for tuning between runs.

Check your PM ASAP.
Old 02-22-04, 03:59 AM
soodxn
Driver School Candidate

maybe we could fit in more dynos if we only do 2 runs instead of 3 and lower the costs from 50 to 35-40?
i know i wouldnt care if i had 1 less dyno. plus the shop would be making more money out of this
Old 02-22-04, 09:39 AM
RMMGS4

Originally posted by soodxn
maybe we could fit in more dynos if we only do 2 runs instead of 3 and lower the costs from 50 to 35-40?
i know i wouldnt care if i had 1 less dyno. plus the shop would be making more money out of this
Excellent suggestion.

We are trying to do 2 pairs of dyno runs on the cars that are being used for the shoot out. Instead of 6 pulls, they will get 4 pulls total. This was done to save time as well.

Everyone else is getting 3 pulls at this point, but I will check if this is a viable option.
Old 02-22-04, 09:41 AM
Jim Meader
Driver School Candidate

Recieved the new ECU for the Dyno run Looking forward to seeing what this thing will do
Old 02-24-04, 02:49 AM
RMMGS4

Please check the updates that I make to the first post of this thread on a daily basis.

I just bumped soodxn off the waiting list and on to the last available slot.

You never know.

Bruce Nomura will attend the meet at approximately 10am and stay till until around 1 to 2pm.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 02-26-04 at 01:15 AM.
Old 02-25-04, 03:48 PM
RMMGS4

For all those running their cars on the dyno, you might wanna reset the ECU on Thursday or Friday. Some people have said this can improve your dyno performance. It doesn't hurt anything, so you might as well do it for the heck of it.

If you don't know how to reset the ECU, the GS and IS have a fuse box next to the battery in the engine compartment.

Remove the yellow fuse located on one end of the box that says ECU-BI . Leave it out for about half an hour and your done.

You could also just remove the battery connection; it's the same thing.
Old 02-25-04, 05:16 PM
RMMGS4

Please keep checking the status of the first post of this thread for updates highlighted in RED

The dyno schedule is NOT locked in at this point and is subject to change.

Your dyno appointment schedule may have been moved. If you are on the waiting list, your status may change as well.

It is YOUR responsibility to check the schedule and to make sure you arrive on time. I will lock the schedule in on Friday @ 9am. So you can check back then for the final appointment times.
Old 02-26-04, 12:57 AM
RMMGS4

Default Dyno Prep Tips

In addition to re-setting your ECU you should also do the following BEFORE dyno day:

1. Inflate tires to a higher than average pressure. Mine are set at 40psi . Check your tire recommendations for maximum allowable pressure.

2. Check all lug nuts are tight and with proper torque if possible.

3. Check all fluids are filled to atleast minimum levels for Engine Oil, Transmission oil, coolant

4. Make sure fluids are in relatively new condition, otherwise change.

5. Change or clean / re-oil air filter, according to the type of filter you have.

Any other suggestions just post here.
Old 02-26-04, 03:40 PM
RMMGS4

I am trying to get another car dyno'd on Friday. (That would make a total of 3 cars).

Jim Shang will potentially be "Off" the waiting list and several others will be bumped to an earlier schedule.

Keep checking the first post of this thread for updates.
Old 02-26-04, 04:00 PM
RMMGS4

DynoLabs will be providing coffee & donuts to those who arrive in the morning, plus they will be serving BBQ food, chips & drink for lunch for $5.

Please sign up here if you haven't already: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=111258

Just ran my GS on the dyno this morning and the sound is awesome inside there !!!

We will be video recording some of the cars on the dyno, PLUS we will shoot pics of cars in the parking lot.

Make sure to clean up your cars as best you can. The wheather is forecasted to be dry and no rain.
Old 02-26-04, 04:03 PM
Jim Meader
Driver School Candidate

Donuts,------- I will be there for the first run, I like my coffee black, and donuts should have some chocolate on them - see you there

Quick Reply: Feb 28 Mini- Meet - Dyno Status