Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Dyno Day Follow Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-04, 09:36 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: corrected.

Originally posted by Anthracite SC
Whoops..problem corrected.
Thanks for the correction and thanks for the props on the color (although I have no involvement in the color other than choosing it ). I find that it is a love/hate thing. I have met people who do not like it at all and people who (like you) obviously do. I've had a number of white/silver/black cars so I went with a color (vs. shades of gray) this time (well 6 years ago ). Something different.

I find it to be deep and rich, and still love looking at it. It limits what I can do with the car, though, since the more traditional colors are more flexible in terms of mods. For example, I'd love to do the blackwood because in and of itself, it is a nice mod. I don't think it would go with the car color though.
Old 03-01-04, 10:07 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want more details on the namura IS.

Last edited by siniquezu; 03-01-04 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-01-04, 10:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Re: Re: corrected.

Originally posted by Neo
Thanks for the correction and thanks for the props on the color (although I have no involvement in the color other than choosing it ). I find that it is a love/hate thing. I have met people who do not like it at all and people who (like you) obviously do. I've had a number of white/silver/black cars so I went with a color (vs. shades of gray) this time (well 6 years ago ). Something different.

I find it to be deep and rich, and still love looking at it. It limits what I can do with the car, though, since the more traditional colors are more flexible in terms of mods. For example, I'd love to do the blackwood because in and of itself, it is a nice mod. I don't think it would go with the car color though.
dunno, for some reason i actually think your color can be sporty and nice. maybe you just think it's too classy in some way. hey, what if i offer to put my blackwood on your car and you see it for yourself?
Old 03-01-04, 10:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by DPRSupra
Had a great time Glen thanks for organizing such an event...some pictures and link to more are below...hopefully next time i can bring the Supra and try to give BoostAdict's Supra TT motored SC a run for its money (no bets please I'm not a very lucky gambler)

Link
hey thanks for posting upt he thread man, love them. didn't bring my camera that day so no pics, so thanks for taking pics of my car. was planning to post the pics these two days for a little debut but i guess news are leaking out faster than i thought

btw, mind taking out my licence plate too?

Last edited by rominl; 03-01-04 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-01-04, 10:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by siniquezu
that depends on how much you are paying me
Old 03-01-04, 10:23 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: corrected.

Originally posted by rominl
dunno, for some reason i actually think your color can be sporty and nice. maybe you just think it's too classy in some way. hey, what if i offer to put my blackwood on your car and you see it for yourself?
Don't think I have not comtemplated it. Arrgh!!! Too much spending.
Old 03-01-04, 11:22 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

That was a great time! It was awesome seeing all you!!

Thanks Glen for setting everything up....that reminds me, so when are we racing for pinks
Old 03-01-04, 11:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: corrected.

Originally posted by Neo
Don't think I have not comtemplated it. Arrgh!!! Too much spending.
well, to make your life easier, i offered already
Old 03-02-04, 12:55 AM
kokonutjc
Lead Lap

Glen,

Great job with the Dyno/Mini meet ! ! ! It takes A LOT of work to put one of these events together. Awesome job Glen !
That was actually my first official meet I have attended. Had a blast hanging out. I got there late and missed on some of the other CL members. But thank goodness for digital cameras some of you have posted some awesome shots, NICE cars guys!

Peace and Chicken Grease.....
Old 03-02-04, 12:58 AM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Default Great met

Originally posted by recco1

P.S. Ken's Supra-powered SC rocked!! You know you got power when you shake the entire dyno rig after letting of the throttle.
Yeah, Ken's TT 2jz-gte totally rocked the house. I think everyone in that room let out a big cheer after they realized what went down before them. That car flat gets it. I greatly appreciated the ride you gave me, Ken, nothing prepares you for how freaking hard you get slammed back in your seat when that engine lays down the power. I hope its a precursor of things to come for my SC300.

Wow, it was nice seeing so many SC300/400's there.

Glen, thanks for a very well conceived event, you went right to the heart of it all, "how much power does....". Wondering how we do a "how fast did that thing go? event.

David

Last edited by SCoupe; 03-02-04 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-02-04, 10:06 AM
BoostedIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by DPRSupra
Had a great time Glen thanks for organizing such an event...some pictures and link to more are below...hopefully next time i can bring the Supra and try to give BoostAdict's Supra TT motored SC a run for its money (no bets please I'm not a very lucky gambler)

Link
Nice pics Jeff
Old 03-02-04, 12:23 PM
97SC
Rookie

Hey guys! Great meet, it was good to finally meet everyone! A great bunch of people with badass cars, I think i'll have to show up more often I just wanted to say, thanks for the hospitality
Old 03-02-04, 03:38 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by siniquezu
I'll be in your neighborhood tommorow for the Lexus Driving School on Thursday, so we could talk about it then. Maybe you could hook up with Ryan and me for dinner ?

Give him a call.
Old 03-02-04, 06:06 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Jim,

Post your SC490 dyno here!
Old 03-02-04, 07:57 PM
BoostAdict
Rookie

Originally posted by SPORTcoupe
I brought a few people with me who weren't nearly as interested as me so I didn't stay long, but even my girl (who knows diddly about cars) almost had an orgasm when the BOV went off on Ken's car at the end of the 1st run.
Can't blame her. Had almost the same effect on me.

It's better than ********

Quick Reply: Dyno Day Follow Up