Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Dyno Day Follow Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-04, 09:30 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by BoostAdict
It's better than ********
so is that how you keep a girl
Old 03-03-04, 02:01 PM
Jim Meader
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

attached is the Dyno Printout for My car. The chart starts at 4,000 RPM where max HP is found, with torque building until about 5,200. Look at the A/F ratio which gets very rich as RPM goes up. Based on this there should be more power and torque with better fuel management. Will test this theory as soon as I can get the wiring diagram for the Weapon-R ECU box.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
dynochart.pdf (79.4 KB, 229 views)
Old 03-04-04, 05:37 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Man, not a single SC430 in that entire lineup?!?? And not even one 430 engine? Egads.

I just bought an SC430 and will be picking it up Saturday in LA (I live in Foster City/Santa Clara). Maybe next time I'll bring my 700hp Z06 along too just to show you guys some real numbers.

Old 03-04-04, 07:48 PM
DPRSupra
Lexus Test Driver

I was there with my sc430...just didn't take pictures of it
Old 03-04-04, 08:05 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Horsepower

Yes the HP numbers may seem measely compared to a modified Z06..but we're dynoing luxury coupes..
that's the point.

Now if you got a 700hp SC430....then THAT would be impressive.

I've seen 1000hp supras and 700hp Z06s before..we're just trying to see what we can get out of our luxo cars... =)
Old 03-04-04, 08:26 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Now that the event is in the past, I wish I would have done the dyno.
It was an awesome deal and I missed out.
I'm planning on doing my exhaust within the next few weeks and wish I had a baseline to compare to.
Grrrrr.

Is there a reasonably priced dyno spot closer than DynoLabs to San Francisco?
Old 03-04-04, 08:48 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Well, it's quite possible that the SC430 will get the Blitz dual supercharger kit. I'm hoping for at least 450RWHP. But I'm certainly going to play it safe and be sure NOT to blow the stock engine!

First up will be a Tein CS coilover kit w/electronic controller.
Old 03-04-04, 09:17 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dozer, nice Vette! Nice SC430 too . Hope to see you out at our next event! Maybe you can tow the SC430 with the Z06 so we can see both

Here's DPR's SC430 from the last meet...
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Day Follow Up-asdf.jpg  
Old 03-04-04, 09:26 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Well , if I'm bringing both vehicles, I'll probably just have my fiancee drive the SC430 and I'll take the Z06...

The only problem there is the LAST time we tried this one of the vehicles went over a CLIFF!!!

Yep, last year (before the Z06) I had bought a new BMW Z4 right when they first came out...

We went to a bay area Z3/Z4 meet, I was driving my Z3 (which actually just sold today to make way for the SC430), and she was driving the new Z4...

Three miles into the drive, all 14 cars were headed up Old Page Mill road. A white utility truck was coming down the mountain too fast and ran over the double yellow line...

She was able to swerve and avoid the guy, and then got the car straightened out, but the road was curved, the Z4 was going straight, and it went straight over a cliff.

Down 150 feet, rolled over three times with the TOP DOWN, and landed on a tree.

And she walked away with 2 scratches. One on the back of her head where a rock hit her, one on the back of her right hand where a piece of glass hit her.

The story made page 10 of BMW magazine, first Z4 ever crashed in the real world.

So yeah, maybe I'll bring both vehicles to the next meet, MAYBE NOT!

Old 03-04-04, 09:43 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Dozer42
... it went straight over a cliff.

Down 150 feet, rolled over three times with the TOP DOWN, and landed on a tree.
Old 03-04-04, 09:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

oh hey, you are the guy with that z4!!!!!!! i read that thread last yr and i almost cried..... the z4 was sooo new man..... but yeah, i remember you, i actually read a lot of that thread until it got way too long.

but man, you get the right car this time, the sc430 is a beast man! you gotta love it! how much you got the car for?

we definitely need you in the club man and blitz blower, what can i say
Old 03-04-04, 10:02 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

I got a really wicked deal on the car, I was looking for either a new or used SC430 in Egyptian Sand w/saddle interior.

Now, if it isn't obvious already, I'll just lay it on the table here, I'm a nerd. I admit it! Guilty as charged!

So, I went to the Lexus website, and farmed all 202 email addresses from every single Lexus dealer in the United States (48 states), and emailed every one of them with exactly what I was looking for.

I also emailed every single SC430 that was my color combo from Auto Trader, and every other source I could find.

I got a nice bidding war going, and the best price I found on a new one was $58,000 flat.

The best price I found on a used one was $47k, 2002, 20,000 miles, in New York.

I also ran into this 2003 with 8k miles and Maya TS 2-piece 19" wheels down in Irvine, but the nutballs were asking $58k.

I offered $51k, which I felt was a fair increase over the stock 2002 in NY.

They never emailed back, I called down there and repeated my $51k offer. They said they had offers of $54k from local Lexus dealers. I said Ok, take it, and told them I was going for the 2002 for $47k. *CLICK*

I went ahead and put a deposit down on the NY car, I had already flown out there last weekend to visit relatives, and then RING, the SoCal dealer calls back saying, well, they'll go to $53k.

A bit more haggling, and I find out the offer from the local lexus dealers is more around $51.5k, I up my offer to $52k, and after the usual BS story about stealing food out of the mouths of his children, they accepted my $52k offer and I'm going down to pick up the car this Saturday.

The previous owner is the guy who owns the 'Fatburger' chain of restaurants, but I still feel sorry for the guy a bit. He paid full MSRP on the car ($65kish), paid $5500 for the wheels and tires, $5k in tax, $75k total. And I'm sure the $ealer didn't give him more than $48k-$50k for the car. Poor guy lost a solid $25k in less than a year and 8k miles.

I've sold the Z3, I'll be selling the Z06 soon, and basically I'll be trading one convertible, and one hardtop vehicle, for one convertible hardtop. Add in one Blitz dual-supercharger kit good for 450RWHP, a tein Coilover kit, and I think I'll be happy for a couple years.

BTW: The Z3 went to a guy from Minnesota, he flew out here this morning and is driving the car back there now!!! I have 2 buyers for the Z06 lined up, one in England, and the other in New Zealand!
Old 03-04-04, 10:08 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Dozer42

The previous owner is the guy who owns the 'Fatburger' chain of restaurants, but I still feel sorry for the guy a bit. He paid full MSRP on the car ($65kish), paid $5500 for the wheels and tires, $5k in tax, $75k total. And I'm sure the $ealer didn't give him more than $48k-$50k for the car. Poor guy lost a solid $25k in less than a year and 8k miles.
That guy makes some serious bucks. That is the best chain of burgers in SoCal. Puts InNOut to shame.

Nothing spells gluttony like a Double Bacon Chili Cheese King Burger with Egg and Fatty Fries.

Nice job on the purchase to get back on topic. But, mmmm Fatburger. Another Cali thing I miss.

Last edited by Hermosa; 03-04-04 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-04-04, 10:12 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Honestly I've never been to Fatburger, but I do like In-N-Out...

To honor the guy, I'll have to stop in and try one of his burgers when I pick up the car!
Old 03-04-04, 10:25 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Damn Dozer, you're just full of stories!! I'm glad your wife came out of that hairy incident with as little injury as she did! Great find with the Lex coupe, Fatburger really is the best burger stand in CA: The bacon double fatburger will do it for me every time! With all the money you're getting back from your sales, it should be a breeze getting her up to 450rwhp. I wouldn't worry about blowing the motor as much as I would getting around that pesky Lexus ECU and VVTi! Keep us posted on your project!

BTW, tell Mr. Fatburger to set up shop in Norcal... he's got fans over here!

Last edited by lex400sc; 03-04-04 at 10:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Dyno Day Follow Up