Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

HIN San Mateo... VIP Auto Fashion

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-04, 12:10 PM
SexY10
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, i was being sarcastic... NM, John, you know who i'm talking about: me, Dee, and martin. I know if martin isn't ready in time then Dee and I will attend for sure.. Okie dokie? are we all on the same page here?
Old 03-11-04, 12:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by SexY10
One Gray IS3, which is mine.

One Black Excursion, SC...

One Blue Nissan Sentra.....

* is that OK with you henry?*
sniff sniff.... christine is soooo mean to henry..... henry isn't talking to her anymore
Old 03-11-04, 12:21 PM
SexY10
Driver

*Hugs* Henry, you know i love you like my older brother i'm just being mean this morning.. dealing with sarcastic, rude clients of mine just getting on my nerves this morning.. BUT remember i LOVE u HENRY!
Old 03-11-04, 12:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by SexY10
*Hugs* Henry, you know i love you like my older brother i'm just being mean this morning.. dealing with sarcastic, rude clients of mine just getting on my nerves this morning.. BUT remember i LOVE u HENRY!
still hurts still hurts... big time i don't think anything less than the endless 6 pots will make me feel better
Old 03-11-04, 01:19 PM
SexY10
Driver

hhaha the only person that can help u there is kirby, i have 4 POT hahah i'll make it up by letting you feel the ENDLESS 4 POTs stopping capabilities!
Old 03-11-04, 09:05 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I've created a new HIN forum and posts for each of the events. Also put up an annoucement.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/for...s=&forumid=145

Since this thread already has quite a bit of activitiy I just pointed the post for the San Mateo meet to this thread .
Old 03-14-04, 11:54 AM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

john, can you save a spot for me?
Old 03-14-04, 10:58 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do we have a schedule of how the event will proceed? Hours on Friday when we bring the cars in for drop off/clean up? When can we go back in on Sat (if needed) for touch ups? When does the show actually start? When does it end?

I am tentatively down too, but only as decoration . I will let the others duke it out for the 3 spots.
Old 03-14-04, 11:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Neo
Do we have a schedule of how the event will proceed? Hours on Friday when we bring the cars in for drop off/clean up? When can we go back in on Sat (if needed) for touch ups? When does the show actually start? When does it end?

I am tentatively down too, but only as decoration . I will let the others duke it out for the 3 spots.
oh come on neo, your car is one of the nicest i see here in norcal! stop saying that your car is plain! my is3 is plain...

from the info i gathered, you drive your car in at around 2pm friday. we probably go together in order to park together. then you can clean your car until 6 7 pm friday? then we all go home, and you can come again sat around 2pm to do the final touchups. the show should start at around 4 or 4:30 pm and it ends at around 10 or 11 if i recall right

and john, put my name down too, like i said, neo and rmmgs4 go, i go
Old 03-15-04, 12:05 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
oh come on neo, your car is one of the nicest i see here in norcal! stop saying that your car is plain! my is3 is plain...

Well, although it is an ongoing process (like for everyone else), I like my car fine. Don't get me wrong. But I am also realistic. With cars like JucntionGS, Dee, and either RMMGS4 or INDGOGRL's car, your car, making appearances, I will be very just as happy to hang out. (And I have not looked into the other members rides yet. ). You need a kit (more exclusive the better ), wheels, other exterior mods (like headlights, tail lights, spoilers, hoods, ...) , suspension, big brakes, engine mods, exhaust, ICE, finishing touches, ... to truly represent. The more you have in the different categories (done correctly of course), the more impressive the car is. I am perfectly happy with my car in its current state (even though I still have a lot more planned). BUT I know where in the pecking order I am. Thanks for the support though.

Well, I think I heard RMMGS4 talk about trying to get INDGOGRL's car in shape for the show so I think he is in. I'm pretty set on going too (unless something major comes up). I just need to figure out how to schedule the drop off and rides back and forth. SO, I guess you are going then.

Last edited by Neo; 03-15-04 at 12:06 AM.
Old 03-15-04, 11:43 AM
Dozer42
Pole Position

I'd be interested in showing also, although my vehicle is only a stock 2003 w/19" wheels. :\ By then I should have the TEIN CS coilover kit on it and it should also be mostly debadged. But I'm more of a 'go' type of guy than all 'show'.

Can I bring my 700hp Corvette Z06?

Old 03-15-04, 12:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

you can probably go with us with the sc430, but we are trying to go as a whole with lexus, so the vette might have to go separate
Old 03-16-04, 09:08 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, the vette is technically out of place, since it is not an import. HIN = Hot IMPORT Nights?

Let me also emphasize that we are getting special VIP lounge & parking accomodations by the promoters. ALL Lexus model cars qualify to be displayed in the VIP designated area.

Anyone who wants to show their import car at HIN is more than welcome, but the entry discount and VIP accomodations that John is arranging for us are for Lexus models only.
Old 03-16-04, 09:25 AM
Dozer42
Pole Position

No, actually my SC430 does not qualify. It seems it's not 'riced' up enough and they rejected my application. I refuse to add weight to my vehicle in the form of a body kit that will not improve performance noticably in any way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill,

Unfortunately a show like ours is more about show than go. A body kit is
part of what we ask for in terms of minimum modifications. I personally
would love to see your Lexus at our show in the VIP Auto Fashion
segment, but once again, it seems like exterior modifications is not
your thing. Companies such as Wald (www.waldusa.com) makes a very subtle
and nice kit for your vehicle, perhaps it's something you would consider
if you are interested in showing your car. Thank you.

Eric

----------------------------
Eric Szeto
Vision Entertaiment
Old 03-16-04, 09:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

now that's one very funny comment...

Quick Reply: HIN San Mateo... VIP Auto Fashion