Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

HIN San Mateo... VIP Auto Fashion

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-04, 12:03 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, body kit required. I didn't expect it to be a pre-requisite to enter the show. Oh well, the show is obviously not for everybody.

Sounds like you are interested in performance, so maybe we'll see you at our other events like, dyno day, drag racing and go karting.
Old 03-16-04, 01:56 PM
SexY10
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GUYS, from my past experiences HIN isn't a great show.. it's all about the BLING BLINGIN when you hear HIN... other than that i go just to get publicity for my car and enjoy meeting new people.. I HAVE NEVER EVER ATTENDED HIN "HOPING"" to win............look at it this way if VIP lounge allows alcohol, have a few drinks and hang out that'll be the fun and highlight of the NIGHT..
Old 03-16-04, 02:01 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by SexY10
enjoy meeting new people.. I HAVE NEVER EVER ATTENDED HIN "HOPING"" to win............look at it this way if VIP lounge allows alcohol, have a few drinks and hang out that'll be the fun and highlight of the NIGHT..
Same here. My main goals are to just meet up with people and to support the NorCal Lexus "family", nothing more .
Old 03-16-04, 02:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by SexY10
GUYS, from my past experiences HIN isn't a great show.. it's all about the BLING BLINGIN when you hear HIN... other than that i go just to get publicity for my car and enjoy meeting new people.. I HAVE NEVER EVER ATTENDED HIN "HOPING"" to win............look at it this way if VIP lounge allows alcohol, have a few drinks and hang out that'll be the fun and highlight of the NIGHT..
it would be my last intention to win anything, i can care less. the whole show has gone bad anything. if you don't have 20s chrome spinners, you lose. you don't have a crazy trunk that does sound like crap, you lose. so what's the point? probably i won't get any point at all anyway

just want to park altogether and hang out with all the cool lexus people and get to know some other group of people.
Old 03-16-04, 09:11 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah Sexy10, I think we're all in agreement here.

I don't expect to get any awards, but my position is to show that I got no Bling but I got the Real Thing ! I have had many comments from people tired of the seeing OVER-DONE cars, and that my "clean" approach to modding is actually a fresh and pleasing change of pace.

I think we all gotta be happy with how we choose to mod our cars and put less emphasis on trying to please others.
Old 03-17-04, 02:07 PM
SexY10
Driver

I'm glad we all agree and understand the scene with HIN. The best thing in the world to get from a carshow/HIN is to have kids come up to you and ask you questions about ur car and then hearing them tell you, " I WANT A CAR JUST LIKE YOURS" To me that is the best award i may receive from any show....
Alrighty lexus crew, relax and enjoy your time before the 24th of april, till then i shall see u all.............

Last edited by SexY10; 03-17-04 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-18-04, 03:23 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Ok sorry guys. I was away for a few days on a mini vacation. Ok let me address some issues present here.

About the SC with the wheels, your car LOOKS GREAT! I understand how you feel because of the email you received. Was that email for San Mateo or LA? I know for HIN LA they were screening cars. Reason being was this was going to be dubbed as the best of the best to show. With it at the time being the ONLY HIN in LA, of course everyone was going to come out in full force. They had to turn cars away. I hated to know they had to do it but they did. In a way, Im glad that they did. The cars that were at HIN LA were a lot better than norm.

Now on to this show. For VIP auto fashion, they finally started to see that there is a market for our cars. Most Lexus owners are not about being loud and what not. Look at my GS? Under HIN standards, I seriously doubt that I would win, but its not about that. We need to come out with our cars. If we don't, then its always going to be the assumption that a fully show lexus is what should win this type of award. I want to show everyone that a clean lexus is the way to go. VIP Auto Fashion shouldn't be about the loud paint, chrome undercarriage or what not. It should be about Rominl's or RMMGS4, or Sexy10. We build these cars with a theme, and why should we change it? I still have the most boring paint job out there. Stock black! I'm still at these shows. I will even show some of you my score sheet if you want. I got so many low scores, but still. I probably have one of the most exclusive kits for the GS400, but my points for uniqueness? 2 out of 5. Its not about winning. Its about displaying. I don't want people to think that Lexus cars are only built with flash. We have class and quality. Lets bring that out. Its not about winning or who wins. Lets show that VIP Auto Fashion isn't just BMWs and Benz's... There are quite a few Lexus' out there that can run with the best of them. You would be surprised. There are quite a few BMWs and Benz's that will show up just with wheels and a system.

Sexy10 said it best. The best feeling is when a kid comes to you and says, I want my car to be like yours.

Originally we were going to do with 3 free entries. This time, I will make it so that it will be the top 5 we choose!!! yes 5 free entries. Remember, this will be for display only. If you want to compete in the show, you would have to pay extra, but for the most part, I want us to worry more about showing our cars and not worry about competition. We need to show the general public how our Lexus' should be. If anyone has any questions, please ask now... lets get this done. Lets also get a headcount going. Lets start the voting soon so that we can submit that. for the rest of us, we will have a discounted entry for the show. I will not take part in the voting poll because I am coordinating this. I will pay like the rest of us.

Like I said, the whole thing behind this is that I don't want Lexus cars to be misrepresented at all. If we let cars like NYWIZARD get out there and show everyone how they build their Lexus, then the general enthusiast will think Lexus cars are about bling and what not. We build our cars with class and taste! Lets instill that to the public. Lets instill that into HIN and Vision Entertainment. If we bring our cars out and show them what we are about, maybe this time they will listen that its about the quality of parts and work. Now about the bling factor and cheap labor... VIP Auto Fashion is not about rice or what not. Its about quality. Our cars are quality cars, we use quality parts to modify them.

think of this more of a revolution... dammit. hahahahah
Old 03-18-04, 03:36 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Yep, my new SC430 was rejected for the San Mateo show. :\

The Tein CS kit just arrived, and will be going on soon.

Except for the hardly noticable Wald bodykit, I don't why the WheelExperts SC430 would qualify for the LA show while mine won't qualify for the SM show. I'm not looking to compete, but I do think it looks decent enough to show. We're talking a luxury vehicle there, not the Uncle Ben's category.

I was actually down in LA and got invited to HIN by Steve from Luxury Motor Works, I would've been crucified if I had shown up in the Supercharged Z06 though!
Old 03-18-04, 06:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Dozer42
Yep, my new SC430 was rejected for the San Mateo show. :\

The Tein CS kit just arrived, and will be going on soon.

Except for the hardly noticable Wald bodykit, I don't why the WheelExperts SC430 would qualify for the LA show while mine won't qualify for the SM show. I'm not looking to compete, but I do think it looks decent enough to show. We're talking a luxury vehicle there, not the Uncle Ben's category.

I was actually down in LA and got invited to HIN by Steve from Luxury Motor Works, I would've been crucified if I had shown up in the Supercharged Z06 though!
peter's car was in HIN LA? i thought his car is back to dealership. and he was talking about his car being in IAS in apr, that's more like an industry show anyway. but yeah, come on, you NEED to show your sc430 at the HIN, i am sure we can get you in man!

and john, please put me down as one of the show car. i can care less about the points, i just want to show. and please, so dos everyone!

john, is that we are going to setup the vote this weekend? should we make the vote public to everyone or just among norcal people?
Old 03-18-04, 07:17 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Strange, I must be on crack lately, I could have sworn I saw that silver SC430 on the HIN page. Guess I was wrong. D'oh!
Old 03-18-04, 07:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Dozer42
Strange, I must be on crack lately, I could have sworn I saw that silver SC430 on the HIN page. Guess I was wrong. D'oh!
nonono i was asking if teh car was at the show coz' i know the car went back to dealership. pics?
Old 03-19-04, 01:27 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Hi guys! I'm not from NoCal but I might be at the show as well. And thats a big "might", but if I do it would be nice to meet everyone.
Old 03-19-04, 08:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by V8_Aristo
Hi guys! I'm not from NoCal but I might be at the show as well. And thats a big "might", but if I do it would be nice to meet everyone.
you are always more than welcome to join man. it's an event to show off all the lexus
Old 03-20-04, 11:48 AM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Hey guys:

I will probably got to the show, but I don't think I'll be driving my GS down. I am going to try to get out of work a bit early and cruise over. Going with my buddy probably in his Supra. Would love to stop by and hang with you guys if that is possible.
Old 03-20-04, 07:08 PM
DjHobbes
Driver School Candidate

I am going to HIN with a load of car buddies. I would be interested in showing my Lex, but im too lazy to read through 5 pages of banter. Is there a mininum requirement of mods? I'd love to represent, Glen you've seen my car in person its trick, so shoot me an e-mail if this thing goes down. I read somewhere that a bodykit was required? All I need are rims and a lip kit of sorts ... thats no sweat ...

- hobbes

shoot me an e-mail

Quick Reply: HIN San Mateo... VIP Auto Fashion