Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

WANTED: Various Lexi for next NorCal Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-04, 01:53 PM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about if we get a lineup of a bunch of SC430s with the remote top feature and make a short video.

Maybe do the vehicles in a circle, take the video from directly overhead.
Old 03-16-04, 08:09 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds good except for the fact that you're one of the few of us who has a 430.

Is it just me, or does it sound like a lot of people can't make this one?
Is there a specific reason for March 28th or is it a random date?
Old 03-16-04, 08:11 PM
scottschoe
Rookie

Originally posted by SPORTcoupe

I noticed that too. Maybe it's because there are two gtg's so close together? I think one of the reasons the 'cruise' was pushed to the third was because people said they couldn't make it to the 28th.

btw where is this movie going to be filmed?

Last edited by scottschoe; 03-16-04 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-16-04, 08:45 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by scottschoe

btw where is this movie going to be filmed?
The filming will be coordinated with the cruise locations. There will be a grand plan to this, but it is all in the works right now. Basically, things will be organized such that the roads and rest stops chosen will also be coordianted with the filming strategy. For those who saw the NorCal V.2 meet video, you know the filming and editing quality will be top notch as we have the same video and editing people involved with this shoot.

As far as the date, lets just say that the NorCal members have the "good" problem of too many meets being organized.

There is a cruise meet also being organized on the 3rd (on IS300.net ) and several can't make that date but can make the 28th, which is why this thread was started.

We just had the dyno meet a couple of weeks ago. I and some other members attended the Lexus Driving school in LA last week. Several of us can't make the either cruise date because we are prepping our cars for HIN on the April 24th.

So there you have it.

The 3 activities happening over the next 6 weeks are what I consider mini-meets. We don't put much effort into these mini-meets, since there is no intention to get a ton of people to attend these activites. So the expectation is typically between 5 and 10 cars.

Big meets require a lot of work and preparation and they don't happen without a bunch of people volunteering their time, so we really only shoot for one or two BIG mini-meets a year and one BIG BIG End of Summer meet for the whole year.

We just had the BIG Dyno Day mini-meet (35 cars) , so that leaves "maybe" one more BIG mini-meet for the beginning of summer, approximately in the June time frame. I repeat this is only "maybe".

The one BIG MEET we have every year is the End-of-Summer meet, which will be held in late September. Last year's meet set the record for the largest number of Lexus ONLY vehicles ever, in the whole country (100 cars signed up).

This years End-of-Summer meet promises to be even bigger.

If you don't know about last years BIG meet, here's more info:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=93676

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=94734

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-16-04 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-16-04, 10:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by RMMGS4
The filming will be coordinated with the cruise locations. There will be a grand plan to this, but it is all in the works right now. Basically, things will be organized such that the roads and rest stops chosen will also be coordianted with the filming strategy. For those who saw the NorCal V.2 meet video, you know the filming and editing quality will be top notch as we have the same video and editing people involved with this shoot.

As far as the date, lets just say that the NorCal members have the "good" problem of too many meets being organized.

There is a cruise meet also being organized on the 3rd (on IS300.net ) and several can't make that date but can make the 28th, which is why this thread was started.

We just had the dyno meet a couple of weeks ago. I and some other members attended the Lexus Driving school in LA last week. Several of us can't make the either cruise date because we are prepping our cars for HIN on the April 24th.

So there you have it.

The 3 activities happening over the next 6 weeks are what I consider mini-meets. We don't put much effort into these mini-meets, since there is no intention to get a ton of people to attend these activites. So the expectation is typically between 5 and 10 cars.

Big meets require a lot of work and preparation and they don't happen without a bunch of people volunteering their time, so we really only shoot for one or two BIG mini-meets a year and one BIG BIG End of Summer meet for the whole year.

We just had the BIG Dyno Day mini-meet (35 cars) , so that leaves "maybe" one more BIG mini-meet for the beginning of summer, approximately in the June time frame. I repeat this is only "maybe".

The one BIG MEET we have every year is the End-of-Summer meet, which will be held in late September. Last year's meet set the record for the largest number of Lexus ONLY vehicles ever, in the whole country (100 cars signed up).

This years End-of-Summer meet promises to be even bigger.

If you don't know about last years BIG meet, here's more info:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=93676

i can vouch for what rmmgs4 said above. during the year we usually have couple of relatively small meets. even with 30 cars, to me, isn't something that major anymore. and having one huge meet every sume have been very exhaustive to say the least. being one of the committee member i can say it's never easy, but it's a lot fun to see everyone coming together and check out everybody's ride, and at the same time having fun with the whole family.

and with the couple of events we have had over the past 2 months, man we need some break for sure. heck, we need time to prepare for the meet comnig up anyway
Old 03-16-04, 11:31 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

I want to be in the Video!!! the 3rd is out of the question for me. I have to be at IAS also. Hmm, maybe I should bring my car to the Bay Area on the 28th?
Old 03-17-04, 09:08 AM
r.maestas
Driver

Hey all,

Three spots we are gonna hit with awesome back drops are the North Side of the Golden Gate, coming down past the Cliff House, and possibly Twin Peaks. The timeline is being ironed out. we are planning on doing more content than just a bunch of cars driving. more focus on the cars and members...

more still to come...

r.maestas
Al7ezza
Anthracite SC
Synergy?
JunctionGS?
SportCoupe?
xerox?
solo...one last memory before the end???

Last edited by r.maestas; 03-17-04 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-17-04, 09:15 AM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default LIke MTV Cribs ...

Focuse on the members and cars will be fun...=)

Let's DO this!
hehe
Old 03-17-04, 10:02 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: LIke MTV Cribs ...

Originally posted by Anthracite SC
Focuse on the members and cars will be fun...=)

Let's DO this!
hehe
Believe me, there will be some up-close-and-personal interviews with the owners. Don't wanna get everyones hopes up, but they will focus on 3-4 car owners and if there is time maybe more, but I can't promise, especially since I'm not the one planning this.

Just to give you guys a little background on the producer of this video, he already has an engineering degree, but he has gone back to school for a second degree in video and gaming, so his skill sets and focus are very professional when it comes do shooting vids.

One last note, we will hopefully be able to shoot another video this summer.

There will also be video shot at HIN on the 23rd .

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-17-04 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-18-04, 03:30 AM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

sounds like fun.
Count me in.
Old 03-18-04, 04:14 AM
Dozer42
Pole Position

Yep, I'm in too.
Old 03-18-04, 10:16 AM
r.maestas
Driver

original post updated/edited!!!
Old 03-18-04, 11:52 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

aight, I will be there. See everyone on the 28th
Old 03-18-04, 03:32 PM
97SC
Rookie

Hmm, I might be down if it's in the evening. I work in the town on Sundays. Put me as a maybe
Old 03-18-04, 11:29 PM
soarer1023
Lead Lap

same here, if it is later on in the afternoon, i probably will be able to make it, but i will also try to see if i can switch my shift around, so put me in maybe

Quick Reply: WANTED: Various Lexi for next NorCal Video