Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Nor Cal Video Shoot : Post Meet Follow Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-04, 12:11 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Nor Cal Video Shoot : Post Meet Follow Up

Well it was great seeing and meeting a lot of you for the first time today. All I can say is that the Nor Cal group is growing fast. Every time we have a meet there are between 20 - 40% new people showing up. Now if we can get everyone to meet at one time we will have one awesome meeet.

For those of you that don't know our past activities, we have a big End of Summer meet each year. This was the largest Lexus ONLY meet held in the country last year. I'd like to see us exceed the attendance record this year. Keep the September time frame open cause you are not going to wanna miss it.

Check out last years meet here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=93676

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=94734

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=93676

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=96530

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=96530

Well it was a long day. Thanks to Jonathan, Ava and Rolando for setting this meet up and managing all the video shoot logistics. As we all know now, shooting in the streets of San Francisco wasn't easy. I think we learned what not to do next time!

Many of us managed to hold off our hunger and hang out for a late dinner at Chevy's.

As is tradition, these activities often end back at my house. There were 6 of us left at that point. We finally broke off at around 10pm. Man this was a looooong day.

Well I hope to see a lot of you spectate or display your cars at the next meet at Hot Import Nights in San Mateo on April 24 & 25. Several of us will have New unseen mods that will be unveiled at the show so it will be interesting.

Glen

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-29-04 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-29-04, 12:19 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was good seeing everyone again. Its been awhile since I have seen everyone... It seemed that we got enough raw footage to put something together. I think it was just fun getting all the cars together. I think this was only the second time I ever brought my car to a ClubLexus event? Good stuff. gotta do it again...

thanks to Jonathan, Rolo, and Ava for putting together a video shoot in the HARDEST city to pull it off in. Much props to you guys!
Old 03-29-04, 12:35 AM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

Looks like you guys had a great time.
Sorry I couldn't make it out there, something came up. Plus I didn't have my car, I had a loaner from the dealer (04 ES330). I was going to show up in in but it just wasn't the same as my gs.
Hopefully I'll see everyone out @ HIN next month.
Old 03-29-04, 12:57 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a rough weekend, I'm glad I didn't commit because I wouldn't have made it anyway! I'll be at the next one though. My car should be back to normal by then.
Old 03-29-04, 01:10 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

I can't make it in Sept! DAMMIT! hahah jk Glen... :P
Old 03-29-04, 01:16 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry I could not make it up to the city. I could only accompany the crew on the first leg of the journey. Did anyone take pics or was the whole day focused on the video? I totally spaced on taking pics too, even though I had my camera with me.
Old 03-29-04, 10:13 AM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

It was great meeting a lot of new faces and seeing a few old ones. Thanks guys and gals for a great meet and fun time. Next time we should have our own dedicated bridge. haha
Old 03-29-04, 10:20 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by lightwave76
It was great meeting a lot of new faces and seeing a few old ones. Thanks guys and gals for a great meet and fun time. Next time we should have our own dedicated bridge. haha
Yeah. In terms of the SM bridge, I got caught behind a few people who needed change/receipts and a guy asking the toll taker for info. Even though I was probably one of the first at the split, I got into a bad line. It took me a bit to catch up to you guys. What made it worse was with the walkies on, I can hear Rolo and his "Niiice!" comments and you guys ran the first pass w/o me. No big. Just bad luck.

It sucked because I only had time to do the bridge crossing with you guys. Still, it was nice to see old and new faces. I can't wait to see the clips of the main shoot.

Last edited by Neo; 03-29-04 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-29-04, 10:20 AM
gsnav
Lead Lap

After i get my new wheels and fix up some stuff...I'll be out there next time you guys. I miss doing these things, haven't met up with Clublexus is years! But i will start showing up, haha
Old 03-29-04, 10:28 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by gsnav
After i get my new wheels and fix up some stuff...I'll be out there next time you guys. I miss doing these things, haven't met up with Clublexus is years! But i will start showing up, haha
Come hang out at HIN.
Old 03-29-04, 12:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah it was great seeing you john! and sorry guys i had to run after 5 coz' my wife's flight was 8 and we were running already. next time. i wonder if jonathan even had a single shot of my car?
Old 03-29-04, 01:48 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorrie i mised it too, woulda been there but my cluster is being worked on by olt... and i'd rather not drive without a cluster... maybe next time
Old 03-29-04, 02:28 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

After seeing all the GS's with exhaust, I just bit the bullet and decided to purchase the Carson Tuned exhaust today. I'm trying to take my medicine for the mod bug, but its coming around again... damn
Old 03-29-04, 02:54 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

So where are the pics?????
Old 03-29-04, 03:25 PM
97SC
Rookie

Yeah I know lame excuse, but I was in LA over the weekend as an extra for the taping of some scenes for "Coach Carter" starring Samuel L Jackson and Ashante. I even won a basketball signed by the man himself in a raffle. I had a blast, but by the time I got back to they bay I was way to tired due to exhaustion and lack of sleep I couldn't make it. I really wanted my SC to be in the Norcal vid to

Quick Reply: Nor Cal Video Shoot : Post Meet Follow Up