Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Latest NorCal video Released

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-04, 09:07 AM
IS4U2NV
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default hosting the vid??

I watched the video a long time ago, and it was "AWESOME!" to say the least. Makes you go right back to that very day in your head of cruising around with everyone, and makes you kinda miss it
Thing I was wondering was, is there anyone who is hosting the video so that I can save it to my pc, rather than streaming it through quicktime from the LGW site? Don't know if you guys wanted to keep it that way, or that's just the way it is? But, it would be nice to actually have it if available? L8r
Old 04-11-04, 11:54 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know exactly where you are coming from. I go back to the site to play the vid every once in a while. You seem to appreciate it more as time goes on, especially when you start to look at the scenery and the special effects.

Jawnthen's time is VERY limited because of his school schedule. This is the #1 reason why we couldn't schedule the video shoot for the same date as the IS300 meet. If we did, Jawnthen wouldn't have enough time for editing and processing. These videos take a lot of time and effort to create. Roughly, for every 10 minutes of video shot, only one minute makes it to the final cut. Anyway I just wanted to thank everyone again who participated and am glad to hear that all the work was worthwile.

So the long answer to your question is that Jawnthen probably doesn't have a chance to work on it any further at this time, since school has started.

What we Do plan in the future is to include this video (and hopefully others) into the video that will be shot at the next End of Summer meet V.3. All the videos taken since V.2 will be incorporated into one DVD.

Of course this won't happen till end of summer, but atleast it gives you something to look forward too.
Old 04-11-04, 04:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by RMMGS4
I know exactly where you are coming from. I go back to the site to play the vid every once in a while. You seem to appreciate it more as time goes on, especially when you start to look at the scenery and the special effects.

Jawnthen's time is VERY limited because of his school schedule. This is the #1 reason why we couldn't schedule the video shoot for the same date as the IS300 meet. If we did, Jawnthen wouldn't have enough time for editing and processing. These videos take a lot of time and effort to create. Roughly, for every 10 minutes of video shot, only one minute makes it to the final cut. Anyway I just wanted to thank everyone again who participated and am glad to hear that all the work was worthwile.

So the long answer to your question is that Jawnthen probably doesn't have a chance to work on it any further at this time, since school has started.

What we Do plan in the future is to include this video (and hopefully others) into the video that will be shot at the next End of Summer meet V.3. All the videos taken since V.2 will be incorporated into one DVD.

Of course this won't happen till end of summer, but atleast it gives you something to look forward too.
i guess someone would ask -- would it be possible for us to make it a start to summer meet?
Old 04-12-04, 10:13 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great video, I'm sorry I missed it! Now that my car's back in commission, I hope to see some new faces at the next minimeet.
Old 04-12-04, 10:37 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

I can't even download the video..............
Old 04-12-04, 11:00 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

download...meaning you can't save to your harddrive or download meaning you can't watch the video in the popup window? Make sure you have quicktime installed on your system. I'm not sure what the script does if there's no quicktime. I'll have to check one day.

I just tried watching it now and its downloaded pretty fast for me so the server is not down.

Let me know if you still have problems.

thanks,
jawn
Old 04-12-04, 11:35 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

Great video!!!!

I downloaded the viewer explicitly and then was able to watch it. Great video!!! Now you need to come up here Jawnthen and organize one for us lazy Canadians!

Last edited by Hameed; 04-12-04 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-12-04, 12:08 PM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clublexus roadtrip?

Originally posted by Hameed
Now you need to come up here Jawnthen and organize one for us lazy Canadians!
hehe I wouldn't mind doing that at all....Heck why not do a clublexus video road tour and hit up all the regions....just need someone to sponsor the trip. All I'd need is a G4 powerbook, my camera, and plane tickets....ah one can only dream. But hey if you can make down to our NorCal v.3 meet at the end of the summer, I'll be sure to get you some camera time!
Old 04-12-04, 12:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
Great video!!!!

I downloaded the viewer explicitly and then was able to watch it. Great video!!! Now you need to come up here Jawnthen and organize one for us lazy Canadians!
just get a ticket here for our v3 man