Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Where is the local meet in the Sacramento/Sanfransisco Area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-04, 12:13 PM
chase123
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Where is the local meet in the Sacramento/Sanfransisco Area?

Hey Guys I'm new to this forum and Lexus in general but have been tunning cars for years.

Im also the owner of a new tunning shop in Sacramento called CA`Tuned or California Tuned.
Please dont think of this as a way for me to just get people's attention or anything like that, Im just looking for a place to meet.

I have a 2002 Lexus IS300 and it has a lot of different mods on it. Some with the help of some sponsors!
Like Unorthodox Racing, Prolexus Performance, and HP Racing. Please visit our website at: Main site for more info.

The car will be ready in a couple of weeks- hopefully. Still waiting on a number of key items. Some still on the ocean from other sponsors. Will have more pictures on our web site as soon as I have them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So please let me know where you guys and gals meet so I may greet and meet with you.
As well as since were a new shop I may help out in any items you are looking for- Most likely cheeper then anywhere else. We have lot's of items from Japan and stuff..

Thanks for the replies..

Last edited by chase123; 05-25-04 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-18-04, 01:10 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to Club Lexus For most of the Nor Cal events and meets just check back here, and you can PM RMMGS4 (Glen) so that he can but you on the mailing list for the Norcal events.

Here is the Norcal Lexus website http://www.lexusgonewild.com

Chris
Old 04-18-04, 01:14 PM
chase123
Driver School Candidate

Thanks.. So Much for the reply.. I was just looking/ meybe you guys get together like ones a month or weekly.
Like some other clubs do. Let me know if have something like this as well..
Old 04-18-04, 04:25 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We don't have official monthly meets although some of us see each other much more often than that. Our next "official" meet is at HIN. Although it is not like our usual get together, some of us are showing and some are competing so we are gathering at HIN for support.
Old 04-18-04, 04:55 PM
chase123
Driver School Candidate

ok, Thanks for the reply!

We should form a local meet, if there are enough people interested that is.
Wish I could go to the show, Car is not going to be ready in time..

too bad.

Well e-mail me anyone: I'd like to get a meet together of some kind, we can meet monthly or what ever.
Other groups like VW, BMW and such meet all the time, why not Lexus?

Thanks for the reply!
Old 04-18-04, 05:22 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is always someone who wants to meet up. There are actually a number of guys in the Sac area that may want to hook up. Most of the meets so far have had some kind of an agenda (dyno, video shoot, drag race, karting, ...) vs just a meet at a designated date/time. Usually 20 - 40 cars show up to these meets so it is difficult finding a public area where we won't be harassed for just showing up. Last year for our annual End of Summer meet, there were close to 100 cars. Organizing these kinds of meet is more involved and it takes a good amount of time from the organizers.

If you'd like to start organizing monthly meets, that would be great. I'm sure some of the guys would like to get together more.
Old 04-18-04, 05:29 PM
chase123
Driver School Candidate

Sound great to me. I'd like to do it.

Im going to finish our IS300 and I can post pics and stuff once it is done.
Then I will be ready to do the organizing. Our new Store/Shop opens sometime in June/July.

If space is an issue- I can always find space if there are enought people coming- Members..
More people more fun and stuff- I say.

Cool. In the meantime.. Lets start making a list or someting/perhaps of people that are interested. E-mail or post.

thanks.
Old 04-19-04, 09:57 AM
GSing430
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

where's your shop located, i'm in folsom, can swing by and meet up sometimes.
Old 04-19-04, 12:44 PM
chase123
Driver School Candidate

Sounds good. Our new shop opens in June/July this year. It will be located at WATT AVE and Elchorne Blvd. We will be able to do installs and cary many products. We will keep you updated as we get closer to June/July.

Thanks!
email@catuned.com
Old 04-21-04, 09:06 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up cool...

Originally posted by GSing430
where's your shop located, i'm in folsom, can swing by and meet up sometimes.
Glad I stumbled onto this thread. I'm in Folsom too and definitely interested in meeting up with other Lexus owners. So much of the activity is centered in the bay area but it would be nice to have some stuff up here (BBQ, mini-meet, etc.) Or at least meet up here and make the trip down to the bay as a small group or something for meets in the bay.

GSing430, where are you in Folsom? I'm in the Broadstone area and at Intel. If you see a lowered Black GS4 w/ blackened trim on chrome 19s that's me. =)

Chase123,
What other platforms are you familiar with?

jd
Old 04-21-04, 11:28 AM
scsc
Driver School Candidate

It's nice to see some Sacramento activity posted here...would you guys be interested in setting up a small get together...

GSing430 and GSwanted: I work in the Cal Expo area but find myself in Folsom on a regular basis

SCSC
Old 04-21-04, 11:45 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be interested in a meet in Sac or the Bay, or wherever... I know there are a handful of SC guys in Sac that want a meet up there too. BTW, welcome to the club Chase! Always good to have another tuner shop on onboard
Old 04-21-04, 01:19 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally posted by lex400sc
I'd be interested in a meet in Sac or the Bay, or wherever... I know there are a handful of SC guys in Sac that want a meet up there too. BTW, welcome to the club Chase! Always good to have another tuner shop on onboard
Wow, how rude. =) I was excited about the possibility of some meets or something up this way and didn't even welcome Chase. =( Welcome bro...

I'm down to meet with folks up this way. I think Panda probably would be too since he's up here as well.
Let's try to get a small gathering organized some time soon. I'm relatively new to this area (bay area transplant) so I'm looking for trustworthy body shops, etc. up here. Meets are usually great places to gather that type of info. as well as meet other cool people. =)
jd
Old 04-21-04, 01:34 PM
chase123
Driver School Candidate

Cool, I love all the responce! I can't wait to have the lexus ready so we can meet up!

As far as our shop it will be open sometime in June/July.
We don't specialize in a certain make/or model as of et.
But we have done a lot of work with BMW- E30;E35;E46 and most 5 and 7ser.
As well as VW/AUDI- We currently have a Stage 3 APR/Turbo GOLF (13sec.) and a custom stage 3 Golf Turbo.

As well As an SR20 Nissan Project called Blue Bird.
And Now Lexus IS300 Project. So I think we are well rounded and can handle just about anything. Our master Mechanik worked for a Nissan Dealership for some years and has lots of trainning. I personaly got into cars because of my dad always working on cars and now I treat it more then just a hoby but a way of life!

Let's get this meet going. I go to all kinds of meets all the time, And have never been to a Lexus meet..

Thanks for all the reply/posts..
Old 04-21-04, 06:19 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

hey guys, that would be great having a mini meet here in sac. i'm always find myself in the bay since i used to live there, but it would be nice to meet new people up in sac as well, speaking of the bayarea, i'm heading down there to pick up my rims and tires, just got it shipped from japan. the only person i've meet up w/ so far is panda, his ride is pretty sick....he has some extra suprise in the near future for his ride.

gs wanted

i live next to the folsom auto dealer but in the process of lookin for another place to live.

as far as the meet goes, just let me know, i'm always down.

Quick Reply: Where is the local meet in the Sacramento/Sanfransisco Area?