Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

HIN San Mateo 4/24/04: Post show thoughts and unofficial gallery *56K no-no*

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-04, 08:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Darius2004
I can't wait 'til my car is all "pretty"
man, it's all a matter of time. it took me 2 yrs to get what i have, so it's not like a short time
Old 04-26-04, 08:48 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
great post by rmmgs4. yeah it was a great event, and how on earth can i forget about LXOGOOD and flipside? sorry guys, i was definitely dead yesterday, i couldn't even think, specially after my medication. these guys are awesome, they drove all the way from LA to support us, what can i say, and they helped out big time in setting up our areas too! awesome guys!
I highly agree. Yeah I think we were all beat...even despite the fact we still had a 6 hour drive ahead of us. After I dropped off LXOGOOD at home, I was falling asleep at the wheel several times and eventually pulled over to take an hour nap. I give my full support to you guys whenever I can. Like Rominl said in a different post, it's all like a family! And that's what makes it all worthwhile.
Old 04-26-04, 09:30 PM
kandygs400
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha....nice show...i got more things going in...so look out for me again...congrats glen...on the win...stupid main hall...but it was fun...and wattup to all those people who i met at the show...see you again soon....ronnie
Old 04-26-04, 09:49 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by kandygs400
and wattup to all those people who i met at the show...see you again soon....ronnie
It was nice to meet you in person. I think you got a few of the guys hooked on your set up.
Old 04-26-04, 10:18 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

haha....nice show...i got more things going in...so look out for me again...congrats glen...on the win...stupid main hall...but it was fun...and wattup to all those people who i met at the show...see you again soon....ronnie
Yeah, i'm still trippin out on the pics I took of my cellphone on your rim lips!
Old 04-26-04, 10:22 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
It was nice to meet you in person. I think you got a few of the guys hooked on your set up.
Ronnie,
yeah I didn't wanna ride in your car cause I know I will get so hooked that I might do something drastic to get it.

Just watching your car launch was already enough to make me want it.

Let us know when you'll be in our hood again and well set up a mini meet or something.

You are a cool dude !
Old 04-26-04, 10:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yeah it was nice seeing you man! your car is very nice! now you need to fix the fender huh?
Old 04-26-04, 11:30 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

It was a fun show The only regret I have is not getting to meet everyone. Between my car, friends that I rolled up with and friends that lived up there that I haven't seen for awhile, there was just too many things going on. I would have to say North Cal CL Knows how to represent!! I'll probably be up there again for another car show, hopefully I get to meet the rest of the group.

Congrats on the win Glen!

Here's a pic of mine
Attached Thumbnails HIN San Mateo 4/24/04:  Post show thoughts and unofficial gallery *56K no-no*-hinsm-01.jpg  

Last edited by V8_Aristo; 04-26-04 at 11:32 PM.
Old 04-27-04, 02:52 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
well, total of 8 lexus in the VIP hall
Does that mean they are all VIP or they just entered in that catagory to be with the rest of you.? I know some of the other VIP cars were not in your hall thats why I asked.

See the more the better so one day when I move back to the bay area there are lots of VIP cars and not just a dozen or so.

Dont count the Benz & BMW as VIP........
Old 04-27-04, 09:24 AM
kandygs400
Rookie

yea its time to get my fenders fixed...i have no more rubbing problems...so its back to the paint shop...and glen...its okay...i have a couple stories comming back home from the show...of cars that got ate up on the freeway...=X...8 pound pulley is going in today...so even better...i have parts for sale...ill be letting yall know whats on sale...ronnie
Old 04-27-04, 10:49 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by {-.-}
Does that mean they are all VIP or they just entered in that catagory to be with the rest of you.? I know some of the other VIP cars were not in your hall thats why I asked.

See the more the better so one day when I move back to the bay area there are lots of VIP cars and not just a dozen or so.

Dont count the Benz & BMW as VIP........

Well how they classify VIP here at HIN is not how they would in Japan. I will let JunctionGS elaborate since I don't think I could explain it as good as him. Basically, HIN's definition is different .

If you enter in the VIP class then you are competing under that category and judged against cars entered there, including Merceds, BMW, Audi. I could have just as well entered my car in a non-VIP class such as under "4 door mild " class. I wouldn't stand a chance in that category though, since I don't have any Neon or glow in the dark paint job.

Thanks all for the congrats.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-27-04 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-27-04, 05:25 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Default O/T

I think HIN's definition of VIP is anything in luxury nameplates. Here's my biggest pet peeve, Volkswagen...since when was a GTI a VIP car? If Acura isn't in the category, why is VW in there?
Old 04-27-04, 05:34 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Default Re: O/T

Originally posted by flipside909
I think HIN's definition of VIP is anything in luxury nameplates. Here's my biggest pet peeve, Volkswagen...since when was a GTI a VIP car? If Acura isn't in the category, why is VW in there?
Actually, I think Acura is included in there, atleast the NSX was. At the last HIN in LA, 1st place winner for JDM Spec luxury class was an NSX.

Last edited by V8_Aristo; 04-27-04 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-27-04, 11:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: Re: O/T

Originally posted by V8_Aristo
Actually, I think Acura is included in there, atleast the NSX was. At the last HIN in LA, 1st place winner for JDM Spec luxury class was an NSX.
they put nsx in the luxury class? wtf?! that's nothing but wierd. but yeah, they definitely put the definition of VIP differently here in the US. if we use the definittion of VIP in japan, sorry to say, but junctionGS and a few other cars would be the only VIP in the show imho.

imho the mb gtr, and some other cars i saw there (suv, vw, etc...) i can't imagine how they can be VIP

but then from what i see, it seems like their definition of VIP is the price of the car. using that defition, it makes a lot of sense now
Old 04-27-04, 11:58 PM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

yea its time to get my fenders fixed...i have no more rubbing problems...so its back to the paint shop...and glen...its okay...i have a couple stories comming back home from the show...of cars that got ate up on the freeway...=X...8 pound pulley is going in today...so even better...i have parts for sale...ill be letting yall know whats on sale...ronnie
hey ronnie,

great meeting you at the show...thanks for the ride and that was only first gear with the 5lb pulley.
gonna PM ya with more questions.

--jonathan

Quick Reply: HIN San Mateo 4/24/04: Post show thoughts and unofficial gallery *56K no-no*