Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

trusted detailer or bodyshop in fremont/sanjose area

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-04 | 06:42 PM
soodxn
Driver School Candidate

Default trusted detailer or bodyshop in fremont/sanjose area

i have some scratches on the hood of my car and a little on the side. it looks as if someone took sandpaper and rubbed it on the car. anyways i was wondering if u guys could recommend any good detailing or bodyshops that can help restore my car to brand new.
Old 06-02-04 | 07:23 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Contact Phil at www.ADSmobile.cjb.net.

He has detailed my car and several other CL members. He's got a hot IS himself, so he knows the paint on our cars and the type of scratches he can fix.

His shop is located near the SF airport.

Tell him I sent ya.
Old 06-03-04 | 01:04 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Call him. Use the link to get his phone numbers, only. Do not send him an email -- you will probably never get an answer.
Old 06-03-04 | 09:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

or i can do it for you
Old 06-03-04 | 11:23 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Does Phil only do cleaning/detailing? Or does he also do full-service bodyshop work such as painting, body work, etc?
Old 06-03-04 | 11:57 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Well now that you asked. He works directly with a bodyshop across from him. They paint, he details.

Several CL members have had their bodykits done over there, so they are used to custom stuff and Lexus cars.

Take a look at Phils car as an example of their work. He has Wald flares molded into his GLOSSY Black IS. Any imperfections will show on that job.

I haven't tried the bodyshop myself, but Phil has detailed my car and many other members as well. We are in a desperate search for a body shop we can all trust. I say that with the idea that most recommendations have come from people who have tried a shop with good results, but I'd like to see multiple feedback. I won't outright recommend a shop to local members until we have established some ongoing business with them and several members have done business and are happy with their work. We've done that with Exact Motorsports for suspension and engine work, but we are still in search of the "GO TO" body shop.

The body shop by Phil is a contender to be a CL recommended shop. We just haven't done enough business with them yet. Any feedback about them is welcome.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 06-03-04 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-03-04 | 12:39 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info Glen. I'm not in need of a body shop yet, but who knows what I'll do with my car after I get the supercharger kit running correctly.

Sorry to change topics slightly, but are there any discounts offered by Exact Motorsports to ClubLexus members? I may have them install my wideband and EGT and boost sensors depending on their rate since they're highly recommended.
Thanks.
Old 06-10-04 | 11:15 PM
eyedrop
Driver

I'm actually looking for a good body area around the area also to paint and install my roof spoiler.

I'll appreciate it if someone can refer me to one that they've had experience with.

Thanks.