Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Convoy logistics discussion for June 26 Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-04, 07:36 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
so that means midway through traffic you will fall asleep coz' that's about time?
probably...........
Old 06-14-04, 07:41 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Wouldn't it just be best for everyone to get to Suisun Costco instead of having 2 seperate legs that are going up 680 anyways?

Last edited by flipside909; 06-14-04 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-14-04, 07:48 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Yeah lets do the 80/680 junction., but meet atCostco???

Those shopping carts are like magnets to Lexi , did you not forget ??

Please advise on an alternate parking lot in this same area.

Mark Dude please call me ! Check ur PM or e-mail.
Scandia parking lot or that side of the freeway. Across the ways from Costco.
Old 06-14-04, 07:51 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Either way is actually fine with me, but I was going to help out the guys in that area, just in case they don't know where to go.

But we can always modify it to just meet in Suisun early around 9am. What do you guys think on just having all the east bay and north valley folks meet at Suisun Costco?
Old 06-14-04, 08:37 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally posted by lightwave76
Either way is actually fine with me, but I was going to help out the guys in that area, just in case they don't know where to go.

But we can always modify it to just meet in Suisun early around 9am. What do you guys think on just having all the east bay and north valley folks meet at Suisun Costco?
That would work that way the North Valley crew wont have to wait for us coming up from the South just in case. On top of that. We always tend to lose people each time we exit or stop at lights. At least Costco would be a main landmark for everyone.
Old 06-14-04, 08:56 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys, the purpose of having local meeting areas is because they are familiar with their own region. Not everyone knows Suisun Costco, I bet 90% don't or have never been there.

The Convoy leads will be in touch with each other by phone to keep things in sync. and they will be the only ones who need to know how to get to Costco.

The thing is if 5 people are all living in Hayward and another 5 in SF, doesn't it make more sense for them to meet locally and drive up together to Costco?

Everyone will still meet at the Suisun Costco as the final merging point. If people want to go straight to Costco by themselves they are welcome to it, but for those who want to meet locally the convoy is available.
Old 06-14-04, 09:02 PM
RMMGS4

OK, looks like I should move this discussion off of the meet thread and merge it with the convoy thread.

I would like the meet thread to have pertinent information about the activities and this stuff was getting us off topic.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 06-15-04 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-14-04, 09:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

since couple groups of people are meeting up and then the whole group merge together, i suggest a rather short time for people to group up and leave, don't wait any longer, otherwise it's going to be a big mess when trying to meet up with the other groups.

also keep in mind that the more cars together, the harder it's to driev together. traffic, traffic light, overall speed would be slower. so think about how to "regroup" or possibly leaving some people behind too
Old 06-14-04, 10:37 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

Henry you have a good point. Well for those who have fallen behind from the initial meet up before the costco meet up, they can either just meet the rest of the groups at costco or just travel to the event when they feel like it.

flipside909

For the south bay folks we are not going to wait for them at the North Valley meet. We will just meet up with them at the Suisun Costco.

That way the south bay folks can just go straight to Costco. They we can head to the event from there.

Chris
Old 06-14-04, 11:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

haha yeah, been there before, considering the distance for driving (far), its not ging to be easy for a big group. last time we had like 10 IS300 and it was a big delay already, so just a heads up

btw, i won't be with the convoy though, i should be leaving home at around 6:30 in the morning @_@
Old 06-14-04, 11:38 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Fairfield Costco:
http://www.costco.com//Info/CostcoNe...p?WHNumber=453

Costco
5101 Business Center Drive
Fairfield California 94585
United States

Old 06-14-04, 11:39 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

BTW, this would make a great place to pickup extra stuff just in case. I think there's a Safeway or Albertson's nearby since Costco opens up at 9:30am.
Old 06-14-04, 11:53 PM
RMMGS4

Guys it's all under control.

I got the recipe, but you guys are all trying to cook before I have a chance to tell ya what the ingredients are !!!!

3 groups are led by 3 guides who know where they're going and what time they have to be there.

Eastbay/ southbay / peninsula groups will all leave by a pre-determined time that syncronizes them to all arrive at Costco at the same time. Each convoy lead will be communicating with their local boys over the next 2 weeks to make sure everyone will be at the meeting point on time and the leads will be responsible for staying on schedule, so there's no problem.

The 3 leads will have each others cell phone numbers, if there are any unexpected delays that may occur. If one group gets held up, the leads will make the decision to either wait for them at Costco or leave. All they have to do then is speed up and try to catch the rest of the group somewhere on 80.

Henry, it's all freeway so no signal lights to slow people down.

I am still waiting for Al7ezza and Rolando to follow up with me. I cannot give out the scheduled times and nothing can be finalized until I hear back from them. So please give me a couple of days and we can review this again after I talk to them.

thanks

Last edited by RMMGS4; 06-15-04 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-15-04, 12:09 AM
RMMGS4

Originally posted by flipside909
BTW, this would make a great place to pickup extra stuff just in case. I think there's a Safeway or Albertson's nearby since Costco opens up at 9:30am.
Ryan,
as far as meet related needs, we got it covered thanks. There's a whole other group of people assigned to food & drink, etc, but if there are any cooking volunteers, I'm looking for some.

We are going to buy everything at Costco in Rancho Cordova on Friday the day before. It's 3 minutes from the motel. About 12 of us are staying in a motel and they all have kitchens with refridgerators, so the food will stay fresh.
Old 06-15-04, 12:45 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Glen:

I am gonna agree with Henry. We did the drive last year with over 10 cars. It was hard to keep in a group and at the end it did take much longer. Not to mention the 100+ degree temperatures. No matter how everyone wants to meet up, just get to Folsom Lake around 10-12 noon.

If you dont wanna drive alone, PM one of us. The list of people attending is posted on the original thread. I am sure everything will be alright.

-sOlo-

Quick Reply: Convoy logistics discussion for June 26 Meet