Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Convoy logistics discussion for June 26 Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-04, 01:09 AM
Lexo_IS01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by solo
Glen:

I am gonna agree with Henry. We did the drive last year with over 10 cars. It was hard to keep in a group and at the end it did take much longer. Not to mention the 100+ degree temperatures. No matter how everyone wants to meet up, just get to Folsom Lake around 10-12 noon.

If you dont wanna drive alone, PM one of us. The list of people attending is posted on the original thread. I am sure everything will be alright.

-sOlo-
Solo,
U have to remember this is a LONG drive, so not everyone wants to drive up there alone. I know majority wants to tag along with a group or one another. With that being said we have 3 organizers for the convoy and 3 meeting locations.

So u can either meet up with them or head up there ur ownself its really simple. Directions are posted so it wont be a problem.

Also I would like to thank Glenn and Anthony for all the lenghty phone calls we have engaged in and brainstorming for this meet. Anthony especially for scouting out prime locations on the lake for us cause if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have a clue where to set it up at. So I am looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting new and this 04' beginning of summer meet will kickass.

~Brian

P.S. BTW Glenn, I PM'ed everyone on .net about this thread just in case they weren't aware by the thread!

Last edited by Lexo_IS01; 06-15-04 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-15-04, 01:32 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glen:

I am gonna agree with Henry. We did the drive last year with over 10 cars. It was hard to keep in a group and at the end it did take much longer. Not to mention the 100+ degree temperatures. No matter how everyone wants to meet up, just get to Folsom Lake around 10-12 noon.

If you dont wanna drive alone, PM one of us. The list of people attending is posted on the original thread. I am sure everything will be alright.

-sOlo-
I know what your saying. I don't expect any problem getting all the groups to meet at Costco in one piece and that's the goal..

After that point, I agree that there's no way for a very large group to stay together on the freeway, especially if there is traffic. The key thing that will help is that everyone should have the cell phone numbers of the 3 leads and everyone should try to get a walkie talkie.

The convoy DOES NOT need to stay close together. That would be hard on everyone. As long as one person is designated to lead and the other two will drive towards the tail end, then chances are good that everyone will get there within a 30 min window.

I cannot emphasize enough, that the best thing everyone can do is bring a walkie talkie.

I organized 10 cars to drive 400 miles from here to LA and we stayed in communication through walkie talkie all the way with absolutely no problem. Brian organized 20+ cars to cruise to Half moon bay. There were hold ups, but the walkie talkies helped keep things controlled. Cell phones are a good back up when someone gets really lost, but the Leads cannot talk to everyone at once. I went nuts trying to do that one time.

Al7ezza, r.maestas and lightwave76 are the point people. Stay in contact with them and there should be no problem.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 06-15-04 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-15-04, 01:56 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Convoy sounds like fun. I'll have my kids with me, though, so I'm not sure when I'm heading up there. Somebody save me a parking spot.
Old 06-15-04, 01:57 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Lexo_IS01

So u can either meet up with them or head up there ur ownself its really simple. Directions are posted so it wont be a problem.
~Brian
No Brian, I will be there Friday. Looking forward to seeing some really old faces.....
Old 06-15-04, 02:01 AM
Lexo_IS01
Driver School Candidate

No Brian, I will be there Friday. Looking forward to seeing some really old faces.....
I know u will be Solo including myself....the comment was for the people who are coming up Sat!
Old 06-15-04, 02:04 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

C-you in 2 weeks. =)
Old 06-15-04, 03:04 AM
RMMGS4

Are you guys speaking in secret code or what ?!?
Old 06-15-04, 09:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
Convoy sounds like fun. I'll have my kids with me, though, so I'm not sure when I'm heading up there. Somebody save me a parking spot.
no problem, i will save your spot until 10am
Old 06-15-04, 09:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Are you guys speaking in secret code or what ?!?
i have no idea too glen.

Well I guess what I was trying to say is that having convoy might be a good idea, but don’t just stick to me. Expect the group to be broken up due to whatever reasons, and expect certain delays here and there. Bottom line, get to the park by 11am (imho) in case anything goes down

And yes, having walkie talkie is a must, otherwise you will probably be the one abandoned, hah…. Oh and keep in mind, driving together doesn’t mean it’s going to be less stressed, probably it’s even more stressed
Old 06-15-04, 07:14 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally posted by rominl

And yes, having walkie talkie is a must, otherwise you will probably be the one abandoned, hah…. Oh and keep in mind, driving together doesn’t mean it’s going to be less stressed, probably it’s even more stressed
I agree with that. Try leading a 20+ car convoy across SoCal and inclement weather. Not fun when everyone is blowing up your cellphone with calls at one time and walkie talkie transmissions every 2 seconds.
Old 06-15-04, 07:26 PM
RMMGS4

Originally posted by flipside909
Not fun when everyone is blowing up your cellphone with calls at one time and walkie talkie transmissions every 2 seconds.

Exactly what happened to me. Went nuts.
Old 06-15-04, 09:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by flipside909
I agree with that. Try leading a 20+ car convoy across SoCal and inclement weather. Not fun when everyone is blowing up your cellphone with calls at one time and walkie talkie transmissions every 2 seconds.
haha, nah, you can never use cell phone in these situations man
Old 06-15-04, 10:15 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
haha, nah, you can never use cell phone in these situations man
No kidding. This happened in 2001 when only one or two of us had walkie talkies and everyone else was still learning.
Old 06-15-04, 10:30 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: East Bay folks wanting to convoy up for the June 26 Meet

Originally posted by lightwave76
For those of you that will going to the meet on the 26th in Folsom, if you want to convoy up on Saturday, please let me know.

I'll be leaving at 8AM sharp from the Concord/Pleasant Hill area. Once I know how many people are going from the East Bay I'll set up a place. Most likely the meet up spot will be Sun Valley Mall since it is a centralized location and near the freeway.

Chris
i live right on the end of Highway 4, but i dunno if i can show up.
Old 06-16-04, 01:24 PM
al7ezza
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry for the late reply.... The convoy for San Francisco / Peninsula will be as followed

We will meet up at the parking lot outside the McDonald at Stonestown Shopper Center in San Francisco at 8am.

Convoy Depart 8:15am sharp

Directions to Stonestown Shopper Center:
Directions to Stonestown in San Francisco

Should you like to join the SF / Peninsula convoy, please PM me so that I will furnish into one single list and submit to Glen

Last edited by al7ezza; 06-16-04 at 07:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Convoy logistics discussion for June 26 Meet