Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Sports Car races at Sonoma Infineon Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-04, 06:42 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
my friend went to the race and he said that a lot of car clubs they have some areas reserved and they all group together, like audi, vettes, ferrari, etc....

btw, my friend saw a red new porsche gt on the way home, damn
Yeah Henry that was the preferred parking that i will try to get us next time "if there is interest".

I need commitments though since this does cost money, but I think it's worth it.

That Porsche GT was Noel Lee's Head Monster at Monster Cable. He was probably headed home to SF.

BTW the car had an awesome Xpel job on the front. I'm going to check with my Monster connection to ask Noel where he had it done.
Old 07-20-04, 06:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Yeah Henry that was the preferred parking that i will try to get us next time "if there is interest".

I need commitments though since this does cost money, but I think it's worth it.

That Porsche GT was Noel Lee's Head Monster at Monster Cable. He was probably headed home to SF.

BTW the car had an awesome Xpel job on the front. I'm going to check with my Monster connection to ask Noel where he had it done.
eloborate more on the xpel? what's so awesome about it?

yeah, see if we can get a certain number of people to go. given enough time i think that's a good thing. i didn't know about the race until 3 days before...
Old 07-20-04, 07:49 PM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah ear plugs are a must. It doesn't bother you initially, but then I put on ear plugs anyway. So after like 15 minutes I took them off to talk to someone and it was like, man this is not good for your hearing !

The damage will only show up when you get old, so take care of your ears people.

meanboy, you should have hooked up with us. We also knew several people in the car corrals. We knew Manuel with the red mini and also the yellow beetle from Team Hokori and John (rexracer) with the VW golf.

I might try to get a car corral for Clublexus for the next race in Monterey. It's still way better than parking your car in the public lots. Way more dust and dirt.
I can't believe I used "BTW" twice in the same post. I am so embarassed!

I didn't get to meet too many people because we were off watching the race. But there is always next time. I saw the beetle...it was pretty wild with that huge intercooler. If there is a Corral for Laguna Seca I'll go and I'll bring my muffs for sure. Did Manuel park his Mini with the audis/supras/bmws/etc?
Old 07-20-04, 10:14 PM
kokonutjc
Lead Lap

my friend went to the race and he said that a lot of car clubs they have some areas reserved and they all group together, like audi, vettes, ferrari, etc....

btw, my friend saw a red new porsche gt on the way home, damn
Henry here's some photos of Vettes, BMW, Porsche that reserved sections to park at.

Old 07-20-04, 10:25 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Hmmm I smell ClubLexus/Team Lexus w/Lexus corporate in-field parking status CA Speedway Meet 1 & 2. Perhaps we can do something like that for Laguna Seca like Ethan managed for CA Speedway?
Old 07-20-04, 10:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by flipside909
Hmmm I smell ClubLexus/Team Lexus w/Lexus corporate in-field parking status CA Speedway Meet 1 & 2. Perhaps we can do something like that for Laguna Seca like Ethan managed for CA Speedway?
oh man, if the price is right and time is good, i am all for it!
Old 07-20-04, 10:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by kokonutjc
Henry here's some photos of Vettes, BMW, Porsche that reserved sections to park at.

that's awesome man! honestly i really see myself in the porsche "tent" soon
Old 07-20-04, 10:40 PM
gsfour
Pole Position

ok here's some more pics that I promised:

The first two pics are of the red GT Porsche that rominl's friend saw on the way home

The next two pics show some touring cars hauling *** through turn 2 from the Earnhardt terrace. Alot of drivers try to pass here, but it's pretty tough. Some of them run off the track here throwing dirt and dust everywhere on the racing line and into the fans faces. Cough!

Here's a pic of the Caddys as they cool off from the GT race. These cars were so wickedly fast when they were first introduced at Sebring. I believe they had to detune them and add lots of weight to make them even with the rest of the field. There is even speculation that they are purposely not winning so that they won't be penalized even more. What strategy will they use to win then in the end? The production Caddy CTS-V makes 400hp and goes 0-60 in 4.6! Com'on Lexus...make us some faster cars!

Room for one more? Please?!

The result of Auberlen's champagne mischief. Thanks Bill!

One of things I like most about coming to these races is the sound. Yeah, it really is loud, but to hear those engines screaming is one awesome experience. While recording video on my camcorder I had to turn the mic level way down low so that it woudn't distort. If you have never been to a professional race of this caliber, you're missing alot. TV doesn't even come close to the experience of being there. One great thing about the Infineon raceway is that they have huge TVs around the track so you can watch replays and real time in car cameras. Coolness! I'll try to post some video of the rumbling Corvette and the Porsche bee lines. Stay tuned....

Last edited by gsfour; 07-20-04 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-20-04, 11:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

such a nice GT, damn......

and the gal, man, come on, your camera was like 2 inches too high!
Old 07-21-04, 12:29 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

and the gal, man, come on, your camera was like 2 inches too high!
He might get in trouble on CL if it was lower.
Old 07-21-04, 08:56 AM
meanboy
Lexus Test Driver

Solution: FTP server
Old 07-21-04, 09:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Neo
He might get in trouble on CL if it was lower.
hahaa, ok, you can email me
Old 07-21-04, 09:32 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hahaa, ok, you can email me
So you do like these car models. I guess they are bad only when they are close to or on the car.
Old 07-21-04, 09:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Neo
So you do like these car models. I guess they are bad only when they are close to or on the car.
nop, i like gals in general, just never associated with cars in a picture
Old 07-21-04, 09:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh and i discriminate, japanese gals i am all over it