Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

90K service/ cheaper in SoCal vs NoCal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-04, 05:24 PM
Jollysammy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90K service/ cheaper in SoCal vs NoCal?

Hi,

I'm wondering if the 90K service is cheaper at Lexus dealers in Southern California, San Diego or Los Angeles vs Northern California/ San Francisco Bay Area?

Does anyone know? What have you paid where you are?

This service includes changing the timing belt...
Old 07-14-04, 11:15 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

It would be cheapest at Luxury Motorworks in Monrovia. Steve the owner is a Certified Lexus Master Tech.

www.luxurymotorworks.com
Old 07-14-04, 11:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

socal dealerships tends to be cheaper than norcal from what i notice

go to keyes lexus, they are pretty good. ed is the master tech there, nice guy
Old 07-15-04, 01:04 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As far as dealers, both rominl and flipside know them very well since they are in NorCal & SoCal probably more than any other CL members.

As far as independents, a lot of locals go to Exact Motorsports in Milpitas for their maintenance service and have been going there for years. Many have their oil changes, tranny flushes and differential oil changed there too.

Exact blows away the dealerships price-wise. They know our cars very well and know how "particular" Lexus owners are about who works on their cars. I don't see any need to go to a dealer for service if you live in NorCal.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 07-15-04 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-15-04, 07:53 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by RMMGS4
As far as independents, a lot of locals go to Exact Motorsports in Milpitas for their maintenance service and have been going there for years. Many have their oil changes, tranny flushes and differential oil changed there too.

Exact blows away the dealerships price-wise. They know our cars very well and know how "particular" Lexus owners are about who works on their cars. I don't see any need to go to a dealer for service if you live in NorCal. [/B]
I definitely concur with Glen. Exact has excellent service and they do a good job. I plan to take my car their for maintenance service from now on.
Old 07-15-04, 07:44 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

90K service at Fremont Lexus

Fluids & Belts = 1800

Yeah I know.....

-sOlo-
Old 07-15-04, 10:47 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by solo
90K service at Fremont Lexus

Fluids & Belts = 1800

Yeah I know.....

-sOlo-
why would you do it at dealership?
Old 07-16-04, 03:33 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl
why would you do it at dealership?
if they screw up, they have to stand behind their work. other shops, forget about it.
plus i like choosing a lexus loaner for a week. haha

-sl-
Old 07-16-04, 09:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

if they screw up, they have to stand behind their work. other shops, forget about it.
plus i like choosing a lexus loaner for a week. haha

-sl-
loaner i can understand, but i would definitely stand behind exact's work. so many times they provide support behind their work (not that they did something wrong, but they provide checkup if you need). that's why i am soooo confident in their work
Old 07-16-04, 09:40 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Exact does stand behind their work. It doesn't even matter if the job was done years ago. If he did the work and the problem was found to be something he was responsible for, he'll take care of it.

John is the kind of guy who WANTS to know if there are any problems so he can do a better job for you and everyone else in the future.

How could you ask for more?

Solo,
next time you can just go to John and rent a car on your own and Still save $$$$ !

Last edited by RMMGS4; 07-16-04 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-16-04, 12:14 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Exact does stand behind their work. It doesn't even matter if the job was done years ago. If he did the work and the problem was found to be something he was responsible for, he'll take care of it.

John is the kind of guy who WANTS to know if there are any problems so he can do a better job for you and everyone else in the future.

How could you ask for more?

Solo,
next time you can just go to John and rent a car on your own and Still save $$$$ !
John is an awesome guy and always willing to help out. I stopped by there yesterday afternoon just to ask a few questions and pick up some parts. I'll be heading there again on 7/24 at 10AM for maintenance service, but it'll be for my SUV. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there.

I did see a couple SCs there yesterday. One was getting Tein HA coilovers installed, and the other's was Anthony's nice looking SC400.

Last edited by bchau_gt; 07-16-04 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-16-04, 06:00 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

guys:

I did not say Exact and John doesnt stand behind their work. I am speaking in a very general tone. Most little shops dont give a damn. Again, to clearify, I said nothing about John and Exaact. Hell, I bought rims from them. What does that prove???

Take it easy fellows....

Henry: Not many shops are like John and Exact. We are lucky they are around. =)
Glen: I will have John do the valve adjustment soon. Thanks for the info.
Brian: how's ur car running? BTW, what kind of numbers did u post that day at Dyno?

have a good weekend guys.

-sOlo-
Old 07-16-04, 06:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

guys:

I did not say Exact and John doesnt stand behind their work. I am speaking in a very general tone. Most little shops dont give a damn. Again, to clearify, I said nothing about John and Exaact. Hell, I bought rims from them. What does that prove???

Take it easy fellows....

Brian: how's ur car running? BTW, what kind of numbers did u post that day at Dyno?

-sOlo-
you bought rims? what rims you got?
Old 07-16-04, 06:16 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

guys:

Take it easy fellows....

-sOlo-
Haha, I wasn't stating anything against your comment Solo. I know you like Exact as well. I was just stating that I agree that John at Exact is awesome.

To answer your question:
Car is running pretty well. Started getting some rough idling after startup this week and misfires (again only at startup). I need to check if any vacuum hoses popped off.

Dyno tuning didn't go well, so still no numbers (after 3 months!! ) The car is still running rich. We weren't able to control my additional injector controller with the laptop at Dyno Labs. I haven't gone back to try another serial cable, but I decided to install the other E-Manage harnesses as backup; so I will have a full E-Manage setup. I'd like to drop my SplitSec AIC1 (additional injector controller), but nobody has been able to tell me how to hook-up the E-Manage to the 7th injector.

I plan to install the injector harness and pressure sensor with harness this weekend. I will also pull my plugs again this weekend to check them and clean them. I have replacement plugs on hand just in case as well. Hopefully things will be a little better after this weekend, though the misfires have never happened during driving, and it's only happened twice.

Anybody wanna come by and help me this weekend?
Old 07-16-04, 07:03 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Brian: I gotta ask you, when PLP launched this kit, did it have a 7th injector? If so, didnt PLP figure out how to control that injector with the E-manage...? I must say, telling by your experience, this PLP kit does not seem to be as complete and tested as advertised... Or am I mistaken that the kit you bought was custom upgraded.

Also, some guy on .Net is selling his PLP Vortech with upgraded pulleys, etc. I believe he dynoed at 370+ to the wheel. So what kind of numbers are you expecting?

You're gonna be at Exact on Saturday? If so, I will try to make it. Let me know what time. I gotta bug John about my wheels... hahaha =)

ok... gotta go watch iRobot. Peace

-sOlo-

Quick Reply: 90K service/ cheaper in SoCal vs NoCal?