Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

This Is What Happens When Our Tax Dollars Are Spent Right!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-04, 02:55 PM
Dee
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry This Is What Happens When Our Tax Dollars Are Spent Right!!!

i was going from sf to san jose on sat night, i was on 101 going south when all of a sudden i spoted a huge pot hole in the fast lane there were too many cars around me so i couldnt swerve too much or else i would have hit them. but i tried to swerve anyways and my front tire went into the hole it sounded like i ran over a ladder or something on the freeway. well after i hit the hole truned the wheel a little harder so the back wheel wouldnt fall in as well, by doing that i lost the back end of my car and started spinning on the freakin freeway. i am very lucky that i didnt hit anything or any one my car ended up facing the wrong way in the middle lane on 101. i am soooooooooooooooooooo pissed its not even funny. luckly this is all the damage that happened. just the wheel was damaged they dont know if they can fix it yet, i will know buy the end of the week.
Attached Thumbnails This Is What Happens When Our Tax Dollars Are Spent Right!!!-a-day-in-the-city-053.jpg  
Old 07-20-04, 02:56 PM
Dee
Lead Lap

Default Re: This Is What Happens When Our Tax Dollars Are Spent Right!!!

Originally posted by Dee
i was going from sf to san jose on sat night, i was on 101 going south when all of a sudden i spoted a huge pot hole in the fast lane there were too many cars around me so i couldnt swerve too much or else i would have hit them. but i tried to swerve anyways and my front tire went into the hole it sounded like i ran over a ladder or something on the freeway. well after i hit the hole truned the wheel a little harder so the back wheel wouldnt fall in as well, by doing that i lost the back end of my car and started spinning on the freakin freeway. i am very lucky that i didnt hit anything or any one my car ended up facing the wrong way in the middle lane on 101. i am soooooooooooooooooooo pissed its not even funny. luckly this is all the damage that happened. just the wheel was damaged they dont know if they can fix it yet, i will know buy the end of the week.
Attached Thumbnails This Is What Happens When Our Tax Dollars Are Spent Right!!!-a-day-in-the-city-054.jpg  
Old 07-20-04, 02:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

sorry to hear that man replied on gs forum
Old 07-20-04, 03:34 PM
gsfour
Pole Position

could have been much worse. thank goodness you're ok.

Wow! That's a seriously bent rim...can it be repaired and trued? I wonder if Wheel Techniques can fix that one. I was just there during lunch today to get my wheel fixed. Although my wheel damage pales in comparison to yours.

Sorry to hear what happened to you Dee.
Old 07-20-04, 05:37 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Man, that really sucks. The roads around here are just horrible!!! I hope that never happens to me.

Glad that you are the rest of the car are okay. Hate to see that nice blue Lex getting ruined.
Old 07-20-04, 05:46 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad your OK Dee and secondly the car survived the spin without additional damage.

As far as the rim damage, fixing that is a no brainer for wheel tech. Just don't take it to the Wheel Repair place in Hayward, they are no where close to the expertise level that Wheel Tech has.

Originally posted by gsfour

Wow! That's a seriously bent rim...can it be repaired and trued? I wonder if Wheel Techniques can fix that one. I was just there during lunch today to get my wheel fixed. Although my wheel damage pales in comparison to yours.

Lawrence you were there today, you should have called me, since I am 5 min around the corner. I was just there yesterday along with Redgs4.

Did you mention ClubLexus or me? We want a big raffle contribution from them for EOS V3, so every chance we get, please let them know that business is coming from ClubLexus.

That goes for everyone who should happen to do business with them.
Old 07-20-04, 06:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i think the rim is highly repairable, it doesn't look THAT bad
Old 07-20-04, 06:37 PM
gsfour
Pole Position

Glen,

I'll be there again tomorrow at 1:00pm to give them my wheel.

Yes, definitely, I mentioned that Club Lexus sent me here and they definitely took note of it. I believe Jeff wrote something in his scheduling book that denoted the Club Lexus referral.

I thought about calling you but it was a last minute thing on my part. my bad. I was going to mention the job they did on your car, but they were so busy I figured I'd talk about that next time we meet...which is tomorrow.

So I'm there tomorrow...but it won't be for long. Just a wheel dismount and then they'll mount the spare on.
They quoted 3-4 days work. That works for me!

I'll be going to Exact soon once I'm ready to get my daizen springs and sway installed. I'll definitely let you know when I schedule that. Neil at Stevens Creek is having a hard time contacting them for my order though. He said nobody answers the phone. He said the sways for the GS might take a LONG time to order...something like 8 weeks. This is based on his last order through Daizen. I could possibly try another shop that carries them in stock...

Dee, bring your wheel in! I'm sure they'll love a total of three referrals in one week from CL.

Last edited by gsfour; 07-20-04 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-21-04, 10:20 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

take a picture of the pothole make a complaint i think its caltran file a suit if you have to pay for or fix your rims and any damages...tell them thats a safty hazard what the fu*k is my tax paying dollars used for
Old 07-21-04, 11:03 PM
eyedrop
Driver

I brought my wheels there a week ago to get it painted and the lips polished. I mentioned Club Lexus also.

Just out of curiosity, was Jeff's price reasonable for you guys? He quote me A LOT for the job. I kind of bite the bullet, but still....

I saw Mike from PLP when I went last time. He was mounting tires on his iForged Aero's. So sweet!
Old 07-21-04, 11:08 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You saw PLP mike at the wheel shop??

Mike is sooo hard to find lately

How much is A Lot to you?

Wheel Tech charges reasonable depending on the labor involved. I have watched all the processes since I documented them on my wheel article about the shop. If you ask me they don't charge enough.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 07-21-04 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-21-04, 11:19 PM
eyedrop
Driver

I know they do good work...I've had my previous wheels repaired for curb marks and I don't know they're there after I get them back.

Well, I was quoted $600 to painted my center gun metal gray, plus polished lips. Maybe I'm ignorant on this, is that consider a lot for these type of jobs?
Old 07-21-04, 11:21 PM
eyedrop
Driver

And yeah, it's kind of funny...because I bought stuff from Mike 2 years ago, met up with him before....so I wouldn't remember what he looks like.

He kinda introduced himself to me again....maybe because I was driving my IS?
Old 07-22-04, 12:08 AM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel your pain dee... but since i have stock tires, it doesn't reallie matter much to me. But since my dad got his rims, he started driving in the #2 or #3 lanes only. Never on the far left lane on 101 because they always have the potholes or the dips that lead to the drains. Hope ya get it fixed to brand spankin new status
Old 07-23-04, 02:00 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Highway 101 sucks, found some pot holes on my way to the end of summer meet last year.

Quick Reply: This Is What Happens When Our Tax Dollars Are Spent Right!!!