Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Glen we should have a group race at Sear Point??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-04, 12:24 AM
98sscamaro
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Glen we should have a group race at Sear Point??????

Hey Glen you should try and put on a group drag race meeting out at Sears Point. The track is faster than Sac and nobody has any type of Lexus there, so a big group of ud should all meet up there, it would be a lot of fun and there will be plenty of people there that would love to check out the cars. I would try and put something together but i dont know if i am able to do that or if it has to come through you.

Thanks
Old 08-26-04, 02:17 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for reminding me.

Believe me, this activity is WAY overdue. We have traditionally gone to the drags every year after EOS is over.

We also have a re-couperation period after EOS, so November is usually the timeframe.

If you can, would you please PM me and let me know how late the schedule runs at Infineon? I think last year the track closed for the winter before we could go.

Anyone can organize activities in NorCal, but usually I would like to give input and assistance whenever I can. I do this mainly because if you haven't done it before, I can give suggestions that will make it more successful. I am here to help, you just need to contact me in advance. If someone besides me wants to organize a meet, I'm all for it.

The other thing people don't realize is that there are dates over the whole year that JUST DON"T WORK..

Besides the obvious holidays, the other notable days are Mothers day, Fathers day, finals week, mid terms, graduations, and other big local activities like HIN, DUB, Auto Races, other sports events; also there are dates that NorCal and So Cal organizers plan together, so that the meets are not too close to each other so that members and potential sponsors can attend both meets.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-26-04 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-26-04, 10:27 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glen, I can't remember if I told you or not, but the last time I was at Dyno Labs for tuning, I asked Ray whether he's be interested in helping ClubLexus organize an autocross. He said that he'd definitely be interested in helping out.

I would think many local owners would be interested in this as well. Just an FYI.
Old 08-26-04, 04:42 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bchau_gt
Glen, I can't remember if I told you or not, but the last time I was at Dyno Labs for tuning, I asked Ray whether he's be interested in helping ClubLexus organize an autocross. He said that he'd definitely be interested in helping out.

I would think many local owners would be interested in this as well. Just an FYI.
Sounds like a lot of fun. I'd be up for it. Then Glen could beat me at autocross as well as the 1/4.
Old 08-26-04, 06:45 PM
98sscamaro
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey glen here is some info about the race from Sears points webpage.

WHEN: Most Wednesday nights through Nov. 10. Gates open at 3:30 p.m., racing spans from 5 p.m.-10 p.m. Wednesday Night Drags will NOT be run on the following dates: May 12, June 2, June 23, June 30, July 14 and July 28.

WHERE: Infineon Raceway, Highways 37 and 121, Sonoma, Calif., 95476.

WHO: Anyone with a driver’s license can compete, providing their vehicle or motorcycle passes a simple technical inspection. All vehicles must have mufflers. The event attracts a varied crowd, including teen-agers, mothers, working professionals and grandparents racing everything from Corvettes to Mini-Vans. Three-hundred cars are allowed to compete each Wednesday night. The weekly event attracts an average of 900-1,200 people (competitors and spectators).

COST: $20 competitors, $15 for students with their high school identification card, $10 spectators. For more information, call 800-870-RACE.
Old 08-26-04, 09:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by bchau_gt

now that's some good news!

though if i go autox, i am not sure if i would use my hre
Old 08-26-04, 11:51 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Glen we should have a group race at Sear Point??????

Originally posted by 98sscamaro
Hey Glen you should try and put on a group drag race meeting out at Sears Point. The track is faster than Sac and nobody has any type of Lexus there, so a big group of ud should all meet up there, it would be a lot of fun and there will be plenty of people there that would love to check out the cars. I would try and put something together but i dont know if i am able to do that or if it has to come through you.

Thanks
The nice thing about Sac is the Friday night test and tune. Last time we were there I got at around 9 passes, many of which I got to select my adversary -- could have gotten more but was getting tired and figured I had already thrashed the car enough for one evening.
Old 08-27-04, 01:21 PM
IS300_FIEND
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, at Infineon on Wednesdays you usually get 4-5 runs in and at SAC on Fridays you can get 7-10+. But you pay twice as much at SAC, but I think it's still worth it.

I am down for this meet though. Sounds like fun!!!!
Old 08-27-04, 01:34 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the info guys.

We'll def have to set up somthing at Infineon and an Auto X through Ray.

We can never get good times at SAC cause it's just too hot.

Sonoma in the late summer, cool wheather, concrete track, se evel, no excuses.

OK so after EOS, I'll put these activities at the top of the list.

Also I know we are hurting for another dyno day, that will be another one too.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-27-04 at 01:37 PM.