Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Tuning at Dyno Labs???

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-04, 10:01 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning at Dyno Labs???

I was wondering if anyone else needs to make a visit to the dyno for some tuning? I'd like to get my s-afc2 tuned really soon and am thinking we might be able to get some group pricing if a few of us can reserve the dynos for a block of time at Dyno Labs in San Ramon (www.dynolabs.net).

I know Glen was going to look into getting "Club Lexus" pricing at Dyno Labs but I haven't heard back. Lots going on for EOS for sure, but I need to get into Dyno Labs before then!!!

Let me know if there are any takers or maybe Glen will have some news?

-Jeff
Old 08-30-04, 11:28 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

uh...i talked to Ray about that away ago, but i forgot whats the pricing, i may going there visit Ray this week
I will try my best to tell you how much will that be
Old 08-31-04, 11:14 AM
inkblot
Pole Position

Let me know. If he can cut a deal on both our cars going in (though I know he tends to be booked besides the short notice) I could probably make it.

Thanks.
Old 08-31-04, 06:52 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still need to get my SAFC II installed, but I'm probably going to wait until after EOS V3 and afer I get my new exhaust.
Old 09-01-04, 12:50 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

I may be interested in this, but I haven't been very successful during my tuning sessions. There may still be some unknown issues with my car that are hindering the tuning process. Ray's been very helpful in trying to troubleshoot, but we haven't progressed much. Therefore, I've been thinking about taking my car to Bruce Nomura to see what he can do. Also, a street tune with Bruce may actually be much better for daily drivability.

However, let me know when you guys may be doing another dyno day. Maybe I can have Bruce visit Dyno Labs to use their dyno.
Old 09-01-04, 01:38 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Originally posted by bchau_gt

However, let me know when you guys may be doing another dyno day. Maybe I can have Bruce visit Dyno Labs to use their dyno.
Now there's an idea! I shudder at the thought of the immense tuning expertise under one roof if both Ray and Bruce were there.

Let me know guys...if this has to be after EOS, I guess that's fine too. I don't think I'll be blowing any gaskets just yet.

-Jeff
Old 09-01-04, 01:46 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by inkblot
Now there's an idea! I shudder at the thought of the immense tuning expertise under one roof if both Ray and Bruce were there.

Let me know guys...if this has to be after EOS, I guess that's fine too. I don't think I'll be blowing any gaskets just yet.

-Jeff
Well, Benign brought his PFS Stage 1 turbo to Dyno Labs and had Bruce tune during the last ClubLexus dyno day. And you don't want to know how much I've spent at Dyno Labs already. I've been there 4 times, and each visit was 2-3 hours. Lucky for me, Ray gave me a break on price because the car still has never been properly tuned. That's the only reason why I may drive out to Tracy to vist Bruce Nomura.
Old 09-08-04, 11:15 PM
IS300_FIEND
Driver School Candidate

I'm down for a dyno tune at Dyno Labs. I have an SAFC 2 as well. Let me know what's up.
Old 09-12-04, 08:56 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

So it sounds like there may be a few of us. Who's free to get the job done before the EOS meet? Otherwise I guess I can hold out 'til after the meet in case of schedules (ours and Ray's).

-Jeff
Old 09-12-04, 11:02 PM
IS300_FIEND
Driver School Candidate

I'm down to do it before or after the EOS meet. I cannot do it on the weekend though. Let me know what day you decide to do it on.
Old 09-13-04, 10:55 PM
rex_racer
Driver School Candidate

if u want things done on a more short notice basis, going during the week would be much easier to get ure car done. i'll try and get down there sometime w/ gs400kid to see if there are any time slots available. if ure doing group tuning i'm not sure if he can get any special pricing out to u guys seeing as how a tune could be quick to lasting several hrs...