Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Any San Francisco area folks want to do a convoy for the Meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-04, 08:24 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in for a gtg!

Darius2004: when you first mentioned go-kart i thought you meant the place in burlingame, tried it once and its really cool. you get to race against others at the same time instead of just the clock like at malibu. but malibu is cool too, haven't been there in a while.

Jc4dint: lap tickets would be perfect since that's what we would be doing, don't need no mini-golf, etc. and lap tickets aren't cheap (btw i tried resizing the photo, but its still over 100kb, i can email it to you and see what you can do w/ it).

JunctionProduce: sunset district, huh - that's my old hood, grew up there.

Willie: you said you work at fremont lexus, but i guess you live around the no peninsula, so that means you've got quite a commute.

okay most weekends in oct/nov is good for me. maybe we could do monthly gtg's, like some folks over at audizine forum does. they have gtg's at krispy kremes (more at mtn view that daly city), hooters (sf & dublin), and some other places i can't remember.
Old 09-27-04, 09:03 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Quote:Willie: you said you work at fremont lexus, but i guess you live around the no peninsula, so that means you've got quite a commute.

Yeah, It takes me about 40 minutes one way. On nice days I would commute on my bike. But in July, I got tangled up with a cement truck. Was in the hospital for over a month. I'm lucky to be walking right now. I also used to work at Lexus of Serramonte.

Will
Old 09-27-04, 09:20 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by JyGS430
I'm in for a gtg!

Darius2004: when you first mentioned go-kart i thought you meant the place in burlingame, tried it once and its really cool. you get to race against others at the same time instead of just the clock like at malibu. but malibu is cool too, haven't been there in a while.
Is that the plac eyou can see off of the freeway on the opposite side of Malibu Grand Prix?
Old 09-27-04, 09:32 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Darius2004
Is that the plac eyou can see off of the freeway on the opposite side of Malibu Grand Prix?
There's a indoor go-kart place on 101 south between Millbrae exit and Burlingame Broadway exit.

You can see a big yellow sign. I forgot the name of that place.
Old 09-27-04, 10:00 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by TAMR_GUS98
[ I also used to work at Lexus of Serramonte.

Will [/B]
Mind us asking what you do?

I know where that kart place is, been meaning to check it out one of these days.

Last edited by BC-GS430; 09-27-04 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-27-04, 10:39 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Question Mind us asking what you do?

Now that you asked, I guess I have to fess up. Ha ha Lol. I'm a Lexus Master Certified Tech. With 12 years Lexus experience. I donn't know everything. But if you have any questions, I can help.

Will
Old 09-27-04, 10:43 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Default GoKart place

Originally posted by RayGS3
There's a indoor go-kart place on 101 south between Millbrae exit and Burlingame Broadway exit.

Ray,

The place you guys are thinking of is called Gokart Racer. You can check them out online at www.gokartracer.com.

Will
Old 09-27-04, 10:48 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Originally posted by RayGS3

It's on Adrian Rd in Burlingame, here's the link http://www.gokartracer.com/
Also, it will cost more than Malibu, they have 3 prices for different types of sessions.

Will, sorry to hear about your accident. Glad to see you had a good recovery, seeing you move around yesterday I would've never known you were in a hospital over a month.
Old 09-27-04, 10:51 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Default Re: Mind us asking what you do?

Now that you asked, I guess I have to fess up. Ha ha Lol. I'm a Lexus Master Certified Tech. With 12 years Lexus experience. I donn't know everything. But if you have any questions, I can help.

Will
Will: How much modding before the dealer doesn't want to cover a repair under warranty? Also is there any difference (besides the Lexus logo) between a factory windshield vs. a glass shop replacement.
Old 09-27-04, 11:29 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Will: How much modding before the dealer doesn't want to cover a repair under warranty? Also is there any difference (besides the Lexus logo) between a factory windshield vs. a glass shop replacement.
JyGS430,

Basically, all the dealerships are usually willing to help you with your warranty repairs. As long as you do not abuse it. If it is obvious that the mod caused the problem, chances are they won't cover it. Its usually a judgement call by the Service Manager.

On the windshield, if you go aftermarket, just make sure its a good quality windshield like PPG. PPG is the same quality as OEM. Otherwise the factory glass is the safe bet.

Will
Old 09-27-04, 11:40 PM
Jc4dint
Driver

Default Re: Mind us asking what you do?

Will
Hello my friend!!!

It's on Adrian Rd in Burlingame, here's the link http://www.gokartracer.com/
Also, it will cost more than Malibu, they have 3 prices for different types of sessions.
I think Malibu would be more fun, plus they have two seaters so whoever has kids can ride as well. You can also take a break if you want, the go kart is continuous racing.
Old 09-28-04, 12:06 AM
leeshdw
Driver

Originally posted by Darius2004
JOHN: Yeah that's it! Malibu Grand Prix - I always forget the name for some reason.

Sounds like everyone's on board.

LEESHDW: Since you'll be out for a few weeks, how about the last week of October?

JONATHAN: YEAH! Hookups!!!!
I am leaving next week and will not be back till end of October. Going back to my home town.
Old 09-28-04, 12:23 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Great looking group guys. I wish I was there to drive with all the convoys, just to say I had a chance to drive with the best of the best. I missed my damn Serramonte McDonalds opportunity...damn it!
Old 09-28-04, 04:55 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Mind us asking what you do?

Originally posted by Jc4dint
I think Malibu would be more fun, plus they have two seaters so whoever has kids can ride as well. You can also take a break if you want, the go kart is continuous racing.
Cool! Got my vote! I can bring my son again
Old 09-28-04, 09:23 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Unhappy Missed opportunity.

Originally posted by flipside909
Great looking group guys. I wish I was there to drive with all the convoys, just to say I had a chance to drive with the best of the best. I missed my damn Serramonte McDonalds opportunity...damn it!
Flipside,

Whenever you get home sick. Come back up from SoCal and I'll be glad to show ya' around to the places that may have changed. Like where Shoe Fair used to be, the new Krispy Kremes, In-n-Out,Gemco, Farrell's, I'll even treat you to a "Happy Meal" at your favorite D.C. Micky-Ds.LOL

Will

Quick Reply: Any San Francisco area folks want to do a convoy for the Meet