Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Any San Francisco area folks want to do a convoy for the Meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-04 | 12:48 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

I think i'm speaking on behalf of everyone when I thank Jonathan for arranging the SF Convoy.
I had a lot of fun and am happy to have met you guys.

Jason: Forgot your screen name....PM me
Darius: Thanks for the photos.

I'm already looking forward to next year, but meanwhile we should do the Malibu thing.

~Alan

Last edited by SPORTcoupe; 09-28-04 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-28-04 | 01:39 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Post Malibu G.P.

Alan,

The Malibu thing is definately a must. I think we should do one soon, before it gets too cold/rains. And we should do it again when leeshdw comes back from his trip back home.

Leeshdw,

Have a safe trip. See ya' when you get back.

Jonathan,

You did such a great job on the SF convoy, maybe you can organize the much anticipated Malibu GP mini-meet as well. The job well done on the SF convoy is definately very appreciated. Big props to ya' Bro.

Darius,

Did you have your mufflers put on yet. I'm sure a bunch of us are waiting to hear it.

Will

Last edited by TAMR_GUS98; 09-28-04 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-28-04 | 01:54 PM
leeshdw
Driver

Default Re: Malibu G.P.

Originally posted by TAMR_GUS98
Alan,

The Malibu thing is definately a must. I think we should do one soon, before it gets too cold/rains. And we should do it again when leeshdw comes back from his trip back home.

Leeshdw,

Have a safe trip. See ya' when you get back.

Jonathan,

You did such a great job on the SF convoy, maybe you can organize the much anticipated Malibu GP mini-meet as well. The job well done on the SF convoy is definately very appreciated. Big props to ya' Bro.

Darius,

Did you have your mufflers put on yet. I'm sure a bunch of us are waiting to hear it.

Will
Thanks Will
Will hook up with you guys when I get back.
Old 09-28-04 | 02:05 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

im always down for a little malibu action. Let me know!!!

just as long as it isn't the last week of Oct and the 1st week of Nov. I have to be in Vegas for SEMA!
Old 09-28-04 | 09:21 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Will: thanks for the info, i haven't called to file the glass claim w/ csaa yet, but did talk today w/ alfred at serramonte lexus to see if there's been any insurance hassles before. he said sometimes the insurance may insist on their approved glass shop or only pay a maximum, alfred said a gs costs a whopping $1,100 installed!!!! he did say a lexus glass is thicker than aftermarket. hey, since you mentioned farrell's and gemco again, i guess you're older than you look. probably an old guy like me (that also listens to stations like 98.1 and kblx, old school and r&b stuff - i wonder if you remember the old radio staton ksfx).
<best group: e w & f>

Jonathan: it'll be much appreciated if you set things up for malibu. btw are talking about a weekend? daytime?

James
Old 09-28-04 | 10:28 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Wink Old Guy Like Me.

Originally posted by JyGS430
Will: thanks for the info, i haven't called to file the glass claim w/ csaa yet, but did talk today w/ alfred at serramonte lexus to see if there's been any insurance hassles before. he said sometimes the insurance may insist on their approved glass shop or only pay a maximum, alfred said a gs costs a whopping $1,100 installed!!!! he did say a lexus glass is thicker than aftermarket. hey, since you mentioned farrell's and gemco again, i guess you're older than you look. probably an old guy like me (that also listens to stations like 98.1 and kblx, old school and r&b stuff - i wonder if you remember the old radio staton ksfx).
<best group: e w & f>

James
James,

KSFX nothing, try KSOL. LOL How 'bout: Stylistics, Chi-lites, Heatwave, Cameo, George Clinton. Add that to E.W.&F LOL. I'm really showing my age now. Just when I thought I've slowed down the aging process, someone like you blows my cover. He he By the way, what was that restaurant called across from Gemco? I couldn't remember.

Will

P.S. Keep me posted on your glass install. You may be able to save some $$$ if you request PPG. Of coarse thats up to you. Either way, you won't go wrong. As long as it's installed right. Another thing you might want to know is that Dealerships usually sublet glass installs. Meaning that they will arrange to have a glass company to do the install. They will stand behind the glass install if anything goes wrong though. i.e: wind leaks.
Old 09-28-04 | 10:58 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Default Re: Old Guy Like Me.

James,

KSFX nothing, try KSOL. LOL How 'bout: Stylistics, Chi-lites, Heatwave, Cameo, George Clinton. Add that to E.W.&F LOL. I'm really showing my age now. Just when I thought I've slowed down the aging process, someone like you blows my cover. He he By the way, what was that restaurant called across from Gemco? I couldn't remember.

Will

P.S. Keep me posted on your glass install. You may be able to save some $$$ if you request PPG. Of coarse thats up to you. Either way, you won't go wrong. As long as it's installed right. Another thing you might want to know is that Dealerships usually sublet glass installs. Meaning that they will arrange to have a glass company to do the install. They will stand behind the glass install if anything goes wrong though. i.e: wind leaks.
Will,
Of course I remember KSOL (it was another preset on the dial). Okay favorite groups start w/ E W & F, then Heatwave (w/ most everyone's favorite: Always and Forever), Stylistics, Manhattans, Ray Goodman & Brown (aka the Moments), Blue Magic, Spinners, Dramatics, Tavares, etc. etc.

If memory serves me right , the restaurant was called the Rustler before it became another Sizzler.
James
Old 09-29-04 | 09:07 AM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Btw started a new thread for the Malibu gtg.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=135433
Old 09-29-04 | 11:38 PM
Jc4dint
Driver

Originally posted by SPORTcoupe
I think i'm speaking on behalf of everyone when I thank Jonathan for arranging the SF Convoy.
I had a lot of fun and am happy to have met you guys.

I'm already looking forward to next year, but meanwhile we should do the Malibu thing.
my pleasure

Malibu, fo sho.

Last edited by Jc4dint; 09-29-04 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-30-04 | 10:49 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Default Re: Old Guy Like Me.

James,

KSFX nothing, try KSOL. LOL
LOL KSOL used to play the jams back in the day on 107.7. LOL Then they turned Wild...then jumped down to 94.9. Don't forget when KFRC used to be 99.7 then switched to x100. And when KMEL used to really JAM before it turned clear channel ghetto.