Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

VIRUS: big brake envy

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-04 | 12:06 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Default VIRUS: big brake envy

its a disease going around i tell you. Hang out long enough here in NorCal and you too will catch the fever.

They come in all forms...

AP strand found on Rominl and RMMGS4

The highly contagious Stoptechs on redgs4 and neo

Rotoras on spectrabluelexi.

There's been a reported outbreak of SupraTT and LS400 strands as well.

I think I may have gotten infected...its an odd one to classify though...a lot more bling than others.
sorry no pics yet....as soon as the results come back from the lab, I'll post here.

just be careful out there...especially those planning to attend EOS...you may get infected
Old 09-19-04 | 12:32 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

man, i want 2nd gen LS400 4-piston brakes on mine...
Old 09-19-04 | 12:37 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Take two aspirin and call TM, PLP or Carson in the morning. Have your credit card ready.
Old 09-19-04 | 01:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

or get my ap racing so i can get something else
Old 09-19-04 | 08:18 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

I feel ya brotha..

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 09-19-04 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-19-04 | 10:59 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

About two years ago I contacted a mild form of this virus, known as the RMM version. It was said to have evolved in Southern California. This is where I caught it from, when I visited Huntington Beach. In other areas of the country it is known simply as the TT. Though the TT is the prominent form all around the country, there have been outbreaks of the RMM version on the east coast, particularly in South Florida.

This is the first stage of the disease and it is easily controllable. Some people have been known to live relatively normal lives without any great discomfort.

Unfortunately, a year ago, I caught the more serious version of the strain, known as the AP. It was the stronger and more deadly version called the 6 piston. Initially It was the milder black form of the strain.

I went for a while thinking I could handle it and was on the verge of going into remission. Unfortunately, the beginning of the summer is always a dangerous time and also caught the "mod bug". This worsened my AP condition and it has now grown into the full blown red version.

Neo recently caught a rare version in NorCal, called the StopTech and I've also heard of cases of this up in Canada.

here's a picture when he first contracted it. Ironically, he caught when he was down in SoCal as well.

Redgs4 was the first NorCal person to catch the StopTech about a year ago and he unfortunately has caught the full Four Corner version on his first contact with the virus.

Atleast in Neo's case, I hear the 13 inch variation cannot progress into the full Four Corner version, so I believe he is safe.

People in NorCal should take great caution with catching this disease and especially when attending EOS V3, where there have been rumors of numerous outbrakes (not spelled outbreaks).

In particular, Jawnthen is showing symptoms of a completely new form of the virus known as the LS400 Bling. Stay tuned for more info on this new form. I hear there is nothing like it anywhere in the country.

Those who have not yet contacted the diseases should stay a safe distance from the front wheels of the cars at EOS and avoid looking down if at all possible.

Take care people.

This BB envy is a very contagious !

Last edited by RMMGS4; 09-19-04 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-20-04 | 12:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

man, seems like the virus is spreading. from what i noticed the virus is going non-stop now. sad to say but i think i was one of the early ones with the AP virus.... sux but at least i didn't catch any others so far...
Old 09-20-04 | 01:06 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

look closely its infected the EOS sig
Old 09-20-04 | 01:15 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Atleast in Neo's case, I hear the 13 inch variation cannot progress into the full Four Corner version, so I believe he is safe.
Haha. Both redgs4 and I actually caught the 14" variation of the strain except he also got it in the rear. LOL!

I'm lucky for now that it cannot progress into the full Four Corner but there is the rare chance of the virus being replaced by the more virulent form that redgs4 got. I am somewhat protected because I recently also contracted the dubs envy virus. A side effect of that virus was a fat lip. This lip left very little room for the rear BB virus to get in and fit. These two are not complementary so I'll just live with the one. I'd have to contract a different strain of dubs envy that is compatible with the Four Corners BB virus.

Last edited by Neo; 09-20-04 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-20-04 | 01:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

i hate to say this, but lately i have been admitted to the hopital for diagnosis on the diseases i have been affected with over the past mere 2 yrs. the doctors say that i am already in a very late stage of what they call the GS mod disease, and if i don't get rid of them then divorce would be coming any time soon.

anyway, right now i am taking very heavy medication and i have to visit some sort of therapist every day for the rest of this yr, at least. hopefully by the end of the treatment i will be cured from the disease...

however, i was reading news on cmm today, and they mentioned about another variation of the disease, and they are still analyzing it. they don't know too much of the disease yet, but it's believed to be even worse than the GS mod disease. they say that it's a very powerful and fast spreading disease, carrying a lot of envies as well as unique breeds..... as of now, they give it the name of IS mod disesase....
Old 09-20-04 | 02:11 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

I have the TT strain, should I be worried??? I feel an itch on my neck, I think it might be a slotted rotor rash.....I'm scared...
Old 09-20-04 | 11:32 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

my virus still hasn't completely reached me yet... its on its host somewhere in the pacific ocean
Old 09-20-04 | 11:49 AM
SC400-V8
Racer

Originally posted by nthach
man, i want 2nd gen LS400 4-piston brakes on mine...
Absolutely, no questions about it. If I could have kept my 16" GS300 (93-97) wheels and upgraded to the HUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGEEEE 2nd gen. LS calipers, It would already be done... and likely I'd be out shopping for newer, thinner spoke wheels so I could show off how unbelievably huge they are.

I swear... brakes have become far more interesting to me than engine upgrades.
Old 09-20-04 | 11:56 AM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

Originally posted by JunctionGS
my virus still hasn't completely reached me yet... its on its host somewhere in the pacific ocean
yeah the carrier is said to be this little monkey befriending japanese crew men on the container ship.
Attached Images  
Old 09-20-04 | 01:11 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by JunctionGS
I think your BB virus is worst of all. Yours is everlasting.

Quick Reply: VIRUS: big brake envy