Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

EOS V3 Follow Up

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-04, 11:39 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Great meet!
I had a blast from the time I drove into the Serramonte Good Guys parking lot, to my last handshake with Ethan on the way out.
Thanks to Jonathan (Jc4dint) for suggesting the SF convoy.
It was nice meeting all of the Bay Area folks and I hope we can work out a monthly mini-meet somewhere.

Of course thanks to all of the guys who arranged this meet (I'm not going to list the names because everyone already knows them by heart )

I loved the Exhaust Showoff although I kinda wanted to hear the rest of the inline 6 cars and didn't get a chance to as I was one of the participants.
For next year I suggest we line the cars up and have all the participants get out and watch, and only go to their cars when they're the next ones up.

Congrats to all the raffle winners.
Next time I'll know to buy more raffle tickets.
Next year you'll be hearing "SPORTcoupe" instead of "little_d"

Thanks again to everyone who made it and shame on the slackers that didn't!

~Alan
Old 09-28-04, 11:47 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Chris-good seeing you again too!

hey how come no one has a pic of the van with 20" L-Sportlines?
Old 09-28-04, 12:00 PM
jdm_altezz
Driver School Candidate

it was nice meeting you all. it was very very organized and the meet had a lot of vendors and giveaways! the turn out was really big this year.

i did miss the tour since we had it last year......but if you think about theres nothing new about it anyway.

next year you guys should only limit the raffles so the person could only one once......just my two cents

glen, you mentioned you only got a few hours sleep preparing for the meet. im willing to help out next year and im sure others would do if you asked for volunteers so you could get at least one or two hours of sleep more.
Old 09-28-04, 12:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Lord of the Celsiors
what pics?

well actually your car was in a bad position to take picture wise, the sun's glare behind your car and the fence made it impossible to take whole rear shots. Also TM and JP were closely packed together.

oh now that's some love. yeah i know the sun was kinda bad, nothing much i can do. plus my car looked pretty bad that day anyway

spacing was definitely a problem for the meet coz' we got too many cars and a lot of vendors. hopefully next yr it will be better
Old 09-28-04, 12:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Lord of the Celsiors
stronger? lol..

hence the title under the screename, I got because of a certain incident at a So.Cal meet.
ok, now you need to pm me and tell me the story behind the protection
Old 09-28-04, 12:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by SPORTcoupe
Great meet!
I had a blast from the time I drove into the Serramonte Good Guys parking lot, to my last handshake with Ethan on the way out.
Thanks to Jonathan (Jc4dint) for suggesting the SF convoy.
It was nice meeting all of the Bay Area folks and I hope we can work out a monthly mini-meet somewhere.

Of course thanks to all of the guys who arranged this meet (I'm not going to list the names because everyone already knows them by heart )

I loved the Exhaust Showoff although I kinda wanted to hear the rest of the inline 6 cars and didn't get a chance to as I was one of the participants.
For next year I suggest we line the cars up and have all the participants get out and watch, and only go to their cars when they're the next ones up.

Congrats to all the raffle winners.
Next time I'll know to buy more raffle tickets.
Next year you'll be hearing "SPORTcoupe" instead of "little_d"

Thanks again to everyone who made it and shame on the slackers that didn't!

~Alan
alan, glad you enjoyed the exhaust show off, it was fun huh? yeah we all missed some, i didn't get to hear anything until i got the dvd. it's all good. the problem with everyone stepping out of the car is due to the firelane issue, and also it will take a lot longer than what want.

but hey, dunno, we probably won't have any new exhausts to show off next yr at all @_@
Old 09-28-04, 12:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by meZoom!
Chris-good seeing you again too!

hey how come no one has a pic of the van with 20" L-Sportlines?
that's not even a lexus, what are you talking about
Old 09-28-04, 12:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by jdm_altezz
it was nice meeting you all. it was very very organized and the meet had a lot of vendors and giveaways! the turn out was really big this year.

i did miss the tour since we had it last year......but if you think about theres nothing new about it anyway.

next year you guys should only limit the raffles so the person could only one once......just my two cents

glen, you mentioned you only got a few hours sleep preparing for the meet. im willing to help out next year and im sure others would do if you asked for volunteers so you could get at least one or two hours of sleep more.
i think for at least a full week before the meet, i worked during the day and at night i did all the meet stuff (together with all the phone calls i sneaked in during the day), i never got to sleep until at least 3am, giving me less than 4 hours of sleep every day. believe me, it wasn't good
Old 09-28-04, 12:56 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Originally posted by rominl
i think for at least a full week before the meet, i worked during the day and at night i did all the meet stuff (together with all the phone calls i sneaked in during the day), i never got to sleep until at least 3am, giving me less than 4 hours of sleep every day. believe me, it wasn't good
All the more reason you guys need to get more people to help out. I offered to help but never got a response. There were alot of folks in the black shirts though, so you had a pretty good size team. But still, it's getting to be a pretty large event.

Last edited by inkblot; 09-28-04 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-28-04, 01:12 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by rominl
i didn't get to hear anything until i got the dvd
As they say in Canada......eH?
The DVD is done?
Or are you talking about last year's?

~Alan
Old 09-28-04, 01:13 PM
gsfour
Pole Position

Originally posted by inkblot
So you were the one that left a "tip" in my back seat!
I thought someone turned my car into a wishing well, hahaha.

I got your .18 whenever you want it
Oh good you found my money...save it for me since I need it to buy my next mod.
Old 09-28-04, 01:19 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Neo
I'm glad you had a good time. It was good meeting you. It made the lunch line wait more interesting.
Yea that was fun, btw, what was the name of the other couple that was with us...I can't for the life of me remeber their names.
Old 09-28-04, 02:56 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by PAPASMURF
Yea that was fun, btw, what was the name of the other couple that was with us...I can't for the life of me remeber their names.
That was Ava and Rolando (r.maestas). The other hottie was Heather, Synergy's wife.
Old 09-28-04, 03:45 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Neo
That was Ava and Rolando (r.maestas). The other hottie was Heather, Synergy's wife.
Thanks.

Heather nice to have met you, I don't believe I met your better half????

Ava & Rolando if you all read this it was good chillin with you the night prior and that day.

Jerimiah (sp) hope you had a safe trip back to AZ. I'll look you up when I get down that way in Nov.
Old 09-28-04, 04:41 PM
13s_is300
Pole Position

definatly do that Papa. good to meeet you and all of the new people. my *** is just getting feeling back. LOL

Quick Reply: EOS V3 Follow Up