Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Can't Decide: Serramonte or Putnam

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-04, 02:34 AM
stanford
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't Decide: Serramonte or Putnam

Hi! I am shopping for a CPO ‘01 or ‘02 GS 300. Both Serramonte and Putnam have my preferred car. My questions: Which one is more reliable (i.e. honesty)? Which one pays the top dollars for trade-in (i.e. Audi)? Can someone share your experience? Any recommended sales person? I would love to hear that before I head for a test drive.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-26-04, 08:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

imho it has nothing to do with which dealership paid higher price for the trade in, it really depends on the previous owners. what are the mileage? how's the condition in person, what yr, what color, what prices, those are all important. i think the best way is to look at both cars in person and drive them to see if you notice anything weird, from noise to vibration. that's the only way to tell. 01 and 02 are pretty much identical so feature wise they are the same.

i don't know of any sales at both places so i can't help you on that one
Old 11-26-04, 11:07 AM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by rominl
imho it has nothing to do with which dealership paid higher price for the trade in, it really depends on the previous owners. what are the mileage? how's the condition in person, what yr, what color, what prices, those are all important. i think the best way is to look at both cars in person and drive them to see if you notice anything weird, from noise to vibration. that's the only way to tell. 01 and 02 are pretty much identical so feature wise they are the same.

i don't know of any sales at both places so i can't help you on that one
i think he just wanted an opinion as to which dealership to go to...........

I bought my IS at Putnam as with my parents LS.........speak to David and he'll help you out.........they are good on service and they have a very customer based attitude when it comes to selling and pleasing.........

However my sister bought her ES at Serramonte because they gave a better trade-in value for her used ES.........speak to Veronica.....
Old 11-26-04, 05:58 PM
Lex2Go
Driver

Putnam would have my vote between the two dealerships. I brought my GS at Putnam, they went as far as staying almost 3 hrs after closing so I could pick up the car and sign the paperworks, and this was a Sunday. Serramonte was the first dealership I went to because it was closer but they attitude suck. They kept trying to push me to buy a GS300 Sport Design instead of the GS430.
Old 11-27-04, 09:30 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

I never had a problem with Serramonte, I tend to stay away from Putnam as when I was first looking at a GS they wanted a $1000 deposit when I got an online quote from them saying that they had no GS's on the lot. But I had just been there test driving a GS the day before and I doubt they sold all 7 they had on the lot in one day. But I have a coworker that bought from Putnam with no problems, I guess its personal preference or just the person your dealing with.
Old 12-08-04, 07:11 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

I bought mine 2k GS3 at serramonte. But now...if I where to buy another lex, I would get it at Coliseum Lexus in Oakland. See Rod, he's the sales manager. He used to work at serramonte. Plus...now serramonte service dept. sucks. Coliseum is good See Mark in service. I never dealt with Putnam. just my opinion.
Old 01-01-05, 10:17 AM
J's Lex
Driver School Candidate

I bought my '99 GS300 from Putnam Lexus. Both the sales and service departments were very professional. I never felt pressured to buy the car and the service manager answered all of questions. In regards to price Putnam usually has a little higher markup but definitely makes up for that in the way they treat their customers. Good luck on the purchase of your car.
Old 01-01-05, 09:09 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by aristo300
I bought mine 2k GS3 at serramonte. But now...if I where to buy another lex, I would get it at Coliseum Lexus in Oakland. See Rod, he's the sales manager. He used to work at serramonte. Plus...now serramonte service dept. sucks. Coliseum is good See Mark in service. I never dealt with Putnam. just my opinion.
Really? I go to Serramonte for my service needs and the guy i see is cool. Good service too.
Old 01-02-05, 07:16 PM
leeshdw
Driver

I've been going there for all my services. I got my IS300 and GS430 there. Service is good. I actually bought a Acura Legend Coupe from them before both Lexus.