Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Need Help on TEIN

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-05, 11:18 PM
Gs L-tune
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course not I'm not that stupid. I don't want to get my brother into something that not worth it. I'm more mature than that. Whatever guys i don't care anymore i guess it my fault got used stuff from GSnav but i ain't tripping. At least i know how Exact is now lucky I didn't putmy supra in there for turbo swap. Again i did not say anything about GSnav he's a kool guy if you know who he is.
Old 01-06-05, 12:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Gs L-tune
Of course not I'm not that stupid. I don't want to get my brother into something that not worth it. I'm more mature than that. Whatever guys i don't care anymore i guess it my fault got used stuff from GSnav but i ain't tripping. At least i know how Exact is now lucky I didn't putmy supra in there for turbo swap. Again i did not say anything about GSnav he's a kool guy if you know who he is.
if that's how you want to handle it, that's fine and it's your problem. no one here is already saying that you are wrong, everyone here tries to help. if you really have your reason and stand your ground, explain clearly, then i am sure john will fix the problem. if you don't think that's the case, and just want to think the way you are now, fine by me

and imho, if you are really matured about it, you wouldn't say that last sentence in your previous post, and you probably wouldn't be saying this right now too. not putting your supra there is your miss that's all i can say. if you know enough about the nissan 300z, you know how good john is.

oh well, you probably dont' care by now anyway
Old 01-06-05, 02:03 AM
Gs L-tune
Lead Lap

What you want me to do? when i'm not happy with how my car and all i want him to do is fix it man? Maybe to you he does good job but that kind of customers service i don't know bro.
Old 01-06-05, 05:11 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gs L-tune
What you want me to do? when i'm not happy with how my car and all i want him to do is fix it man? Maybe to you he does good job but that kind of customers service i don't know bro.
I think what he wants you to do is ditch the upset attitude for a minute and let them help you. They said they would act as an intermediary on your behalf but instead of saying Okay cool, I'll chilll for a minute and see how it works out. You continue with the cussing and threats and inuendo. All that does is allienate the people that were willing to help you and it puts you further away from your goal of getting your coilovers adjusted to your satisfaction. Sometimes you have to put asside your frustration and anger and do what is going to get you your desired result. The title of the post said you needed help well let them help you already. Just chill out for a minute.

Good luck
Old 01-06-05, 09:46 AM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think you should try this. put a screw driver angled into one of those groves and take a hammer, mallet or somethin to bang on it to twist off. thats what my friend usually does when his is stuck. thought id put my two cents in. hopefully it helps
Old 01-06-05, 10:25 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im going to say that there is no way that 's a 2inch drop

i would go back shake hands pay the money and have my car looking the way i want

it seems like this guy is trying to do the right thing and from people's post he sems likea

a standup guy

good luck and becareful if you decide to use a screwdriver

many cuts on these hands
Old 01-06-05, 12:23 PM
Gs L-tune
Lead Lap

I know my attitude little heat up but if you in my situation you will do the same thing. I'm not trying to give John hard time here. I've tried everything that i could to get it out but i couldn't. That's why i brought it back for a favor from him. The air gun might crack my preches but hey I'm willing to do it and if anything happen i don't blame on him right? Why do i have to replace a brand new one when i can try it first and if it crack on me then i'm gonna get new one.
Old 01-06-05, 08:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

go to brembo, tell them you want to get the 8 pistons setup to fit on the gs. they just have to fabricate a bracket for you that's all. give them 10k, say it's ok even the brakes are not balanced and you might crash the car. but that's fine coz' you are ok with it

see if they will do it for you

again no one is telling you what to do here, we are just suggesting. you don't want to take it that's fine. no one will pull your arm for it.
Old 01-06-05, 10:41 PM
Gs L-tune
Lead Lap

what you saying is totally different man. You told me to replace the preches and what i want is try to lose it first. If that doesn't work then i'll replace it with new preches. Either way i have to lose the old preches right so why do i have to waste money on the new one. Which is something i don't want to do.
Old 01-07-05, 04:07 AM
1 clean sc
Driver School Candidate

ok guy's basicly what the brothers trying to say is, he took his car to exalt, put in his ha teins.
Told john he wanted a 2 inch drop from the floor, john and his wife said ok. When he came back, the car was not 2 inch off the floof. So gs-l tuned is not happy. So there for john said, give me a buck eighty and i'll ajust it for you? Isn't that kind of *********** up? i donno?
Old 01-07-05, 10:03 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1 clean sc
ok guy's basicly what the brothers trying to say is, he took his car to exalt, put in his ha teins.
Told john he wanted a 2 inch drop from the floor, john and his wife said ok. When he came back, the car was not 2 inch off the floof. So gs-l tuned is not happy. So there for john said, give me a buck eighty and i'll ajust it for you? Isn't that kind of *********** up? i donno?
I don't think that's correct. Exact would not try to do something like that to their customers, they always try to be helpful. I was told by John that they will adjust ride height for free when they install a new suspension. Therefore, there must have been some kind of miscommunication between Gs L-tune and Exact. As I said in my earlier post, if Gs L-tune asked Exact to remove the coilovers to try to loosen the perches, then I can understand why John would want to charge another $180. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I really don't understand the big deal here. I know Gs L-tune is unhappy with his car because it's not dropped 2"; and he's disappointed with the service from Exact. However, Exact told him that the perches were locked and they couldn't do much to unlock them SAFELY when the coilovers were installed. Therefore, John suggested that Gs L-tune spray the perches with WD-40 every day for a week then come back. After a week, Gs L-tune came back and the WD-40 hadn't been able to penetrate enough for the top perch to loosen, but the bottom perch came loose.

Now, I think if there was a little more patience and Gs L-tune could continue trying the WD-40 approach for another week, then we wouldn't have this thread. I also think that if Gs L-tune contacted Exact and spoke to John in a calm and collected manner to ask him exactly why he wants to charge another $180, then maybe he'll get some clarification on things. Again, this is just probably some miscommunication or misunderstanding.

Good luck in getting this resolved Gs L-tune. I hope that things will be better in another week. John and Sandy are very good people and I hope things turn around where you'll become satisfied with their service.
Old 01-07-05, 01:38 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Being the Moderator for this section, normally I let you guys excercise healthy debates and I usually don't get involved, as long as the conversation is respectful and constructive, but in this case I'm stepping in for the FIRST time in over a year.

1clean sc, I know you are not the one who started this, but you have a good question, and my response is pointed at GS L Tune.

Originally Posted by 1 clean sc

So if you were John at Exact what do you think he is thinking?

Maybe something like " This is the last time I will install used stuff because when I do an install and there is something wrong with the equipment, I get blamed for it even though I made no guarantee on the parts and even though I didn't sell the parts and make any money on it. The customer thinks I am still responsible because the customer bought crap and he's not happy and wants to blame someone for it, because he thinks he is so innocent and didn't do anything wrong. So someone should take all the blame for it and it shouldn't be the customer. On top of that, even though I estimate the LABOR to do the install and adjust the shocks, when there is a something wrong with the part that I didn't cause, I still need to fix it for free or not charge a fair price for the work involved. So since the customer is ALWAYS right I deserve to get bashed on ClubLexus, even though I have done a good job for many members for several years. "

GS LTune, when people are angry they say things out of frustration. I think you were good enough to admit to it. If you are still not happy you have a right to say it, but let me make this clear & understand this one thing. YOU are the NEWBIE, JOHN at EXACT is a LONG TIME CUSTOMER for ClubLexus and NORCAL. For every negative thing you have to say, there are tons of people on this board that will defend EXACT. Most of those responding to you have done business with Exact for OVER 3 years with Lexus cars, including myself. We have a long relationship doing business with John and he has a track record of excellent business practice.

Most of the people defending Exact have WAY more credibility with their opinions than you do and from your flaming responses, I'm sure people are losing their respect for you quickly.

All you are doing is offending your local boys with your attitude. We have a strong family of Lexus owners in the bay area, many of us have become personal friends. Between the core members , we have all the hook up, knowledge and free information you could ask for. Almost every person responding on this post I know and most know each other. We meet up many times during the year and 120 Lexus members met in September for our annual EOS meet.

You have been on board for one month , you know very little about Lexus cars, you come on this forum and diss Exact and blow things out of proportion.

You stated you had a problem, cool I have no issue with that. People responded to your comments and tried to give suggestions. If you are still not happy, then move on. That's it.

GS LTune, you made your point. You are not happy with Exact and that's fine and that's your right, but most of the people responding to you are doing so because they are happy with Exact so I don't see anything constructive with a debate like this continuing, since you show no intent of trying to resolve it directly with Exact. You are hurting the relationship we have with them and I'm sure many would not want that to happen. So if you still want help from us, move on with the discussion and we will try to help, but knock it off with the Exact bashing; you are beating a dead horse.

Let me make it clear to everyone what my message is.

If you are unhappy with Exact or any other NorCal local business , WE WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT on this forum.

Many of the businesses that people recommend are on our list because they have a long time record of doing good business with us and take care of our problems when they arrise.

If you want to post a complaint, all I ask is to give the business and the local members a chance to help resolve it through discussion on the thread or direct communication with them. If you just want to come online to tell us that a business is crap and not give a chance to discuss the details of the problem or try to resolve it, don't expect much help or RESPECT from us. You gotta earn that one !

If the business is not doing good with us, I'm sure they will get on our list pretty quickly.

Last Note on Exact:
I know EVERY complaint ever made about Exact on this forum, but this is the first time I have found a need to respond. No one here is claiming Exact is a perfect business, a few members have had problem issues with them. I can think of maybe two members who are not perfectly happy and that's fine. Exact has always responded well and tried to make good with their customers, whether it was their fault or not, BUT YOU HAVE TO GIVE THEM A CHANCE and not BASH FIRST and ask questions later.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 01-07-05 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-10-05, 05:36 AM
1 clean sc
Driver School Candidate

by the rmmgs4 are you gonna teach me how you made that fdec holder out of abs? still curious on how you made that!!!