Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Stevens Creek Lexus. Anyone been there?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-05, 11:16 AM
GS408
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stevens Creek Lexus. Anyone been there?

Hi,

I have an appointment at Stevens Creek Lexus this Friday (first time). I was wondering if anyone has ever taken there Lexus there? Just wondering about your experiences... positive or negative...

I will still go but just curious....

thanks
Old 01-18-05, 11:25 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

redgs4 just took his LX there for service. Maybe you can PM him.
Old 01-18-05, 11:26 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Never been serviced there but they have the nicest facility I've EVER seen.
Our annual End of Summer Meet was held there.
When you go, make sure to mention yoiu're from ClubLexus.

~Alan
Old 01-18-05, 11:51 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, brought the LX there last week. Really, really, really, really nice facility. The have video games and a play area for the kids, a big TV if a game is on, lot's of free food & espresso and a work area if you happen to have your laptop with you.

Got an RX330 loaner. Service was great. Can't comment on pricing - I got a huge discount because of the service coupon I won at EOS V3.
Old 01-18-05, 12:54 PM
GS408
Pole Position

thanks guys...
Old 01-18-05, 09:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

never had my car serviced there before, but from what i heard they are very good!
Old 01-26-05, 12:14 PM
GS408
Pole Position

wow Stevens Creek Lexus is awesome! I went there and must agree that there service area is probably the best I have ever been to. The service is also A+.
Old 01-26-05, 01:35 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Overpriced

If you compare service fees between Steven Creek, Putnam, Serramonte, and Coliseum Lexus of Oakland....Stevens Creek rips you off.

Yes they have great facilities..but you are paying for it too.

The guy I dealt with always charged me a flat rate for everything. 1 thousand bucks
"You want a timing belt 1 grand...you want a water pump..another 1 grand"

I got most of my stuff done at Lexus of serramonte for 50% less. I'll take that over video games.
Now I just go to exact motorsports in Milpitas
Old 01-26-05, 02:18 PM
GS408
Pole Position

yea i paid a good amount for service.... but after having been to several mechanics for the same problems and not being able to get a good diagnostics...i was fed up with it, so paying a little more and getting some good work done and service was worth it to me.

I will try the other dealers next time. i didn't know dealers have different set price ranges. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-26-05, 02:31 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default YEs

Service dealers are just like dealerships..they are COMPETING for business.
They're not a monopoly and have a set price across the board.
They don't share their revenues so they price aggressively.

Some Lexus dealers open on Sat and some don't. That should tell you something too.

Stevens Creek, Putnam don't open on Sat. Serramonte does.
Stevens Creek charges more because they are in Silicon Valley and the rich demographic is ripe for being ripped off. IF you did that near San Francisco (Serramonte) they'd lose business
Serramonte makes their money off of volume. Putnam and Stevens Creek make their money off of stupid owners who think they are paying for prestige, or "better" service. One of the best marketing scams I've seen in awhile.

Don't get me wrong, I bet their service is great and their work is top notch. I just expect they'd better be for how much they charge.

I'll put it to you this way. I got a quote for almost 1400 dollars PLUS for a service I needed for 90thousan miles from Stevens Creek. I got the same service for 900 at another dealership
which INCLUDED a timing belt change and water pump replacement. (I ended up going to my aftermarket mechanic and got even less than that)

At Stevens Creek it was extra for those things. I'm just shocked at how happily people pay this

Wow..video games..

ALSO...
The guy I had at Stevens Creek was rude to me and was annoyed that I even called another Lexus dealership to compare prices. Isn't that my right as a consumer?

IF you want better rates call Gary Nakasu at Lexus of Serramonte. He's one of the service managers there and his very fair. He won't just say "1 thousand bucks" for each item to fix like that guy at Stevens Creek.

Well I'm glad this information was useful to you. I just don't like when people are getting ripped off.
Old 01-26-05, 04:06 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, LSC is pricey. I purchased both of my Lexus from LSC and even then this was only the second time I have brought either car there. First time was back when the service center was still on Steven's Creek and I was not happy with the service or attitude. Given the change in ownership, location and a BIG discount coupon I was convinced to give them a second chance.

My GS is now out of warranty and I get nearly all my work done at Exact. Helps that Exact is just down the street.