Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Online Traffic School

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-05, 03:18 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JyGS430
Hey Alan, instead of hiring a lawyer, how about not getting a ticket in the first place (at least from the CHP).
I'll be sure to concentrate on this from now on, however I have the ticket in my hand so it's a little late for the 11-99.
Now I'm in need of a really good lawyer.

~Alan
Old 01-31-05, 12:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by SPORTcoupe
I'll be sure to concentrate on this from now on, however I have the ticket in my hand so it's a little late for the 11-99.
Now I'm in need of a really good lawyer.

~Alan
man alan, what did you do?

i don't know of a good attorney, but did you try to look at the yellow page and call and ask qusetions?
Old 01-31-05, 09:36 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

I was exceeding the speed limit.

When looking for attorney's, I prefer a friend of a friend of a third cousin twice removed, over picking one from the yellow pages.
I don't want a custody lawyer dealing with a moving violation for the first time in his/her life either.
For now I have requested a Trial by Written Declaration in hopes that the CHP officer is lazy and doesn't submit the paperwork, but if he does, I will surely lose, and will request a Trial de Novo in which I will need the best lawyer I can find.

Anyone?

~Alan
Old 02-04-05, 12:20 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SPORTcoupe
I was exceeding the speed limit.

When looking for attorney's, I prefer a friend of a friend of a third cousin twice removed, over picking one from the yellow pages.
I don't want a custody lawyer dealing with a moving violation for the first time in his/her life either.
For now I have requested a Trial by Written Declaration in hopes that the CHP officer is lazy and doesn't submit the paperwork, but if he does, I will surely lose, and will request a Trial de Novo in which I will need the best lawyer I can find.

Anyone?

~Alan
good luck with that alan. You may want to check out these sites:

http://www.motorists.org/Attorneys/california.html
http://www.ticketassassin.com/
Old 02-08-05, 07:27 AM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
I've done it, very simple and it gives you like 30 days(if i remember right) to complete it. The court must accept online traffic school certificates though. You could really just skip the lessons and just take the quizzes, you should already know most of the answers. Try: http://www.gototrafficschool.com/
Do you remember if the questions at the exam where the same ones as on the quizes?

or does anyone that took the gototrafficschool.com course can remember?
Old 02-08-05, 02:19 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by edfrsd
Do you remember if the questions at the exam where the same ones as on the quizes?

or does anyone that took the gototrafficschool.com course can remember?
Sorry, I don't remember. But most of the questions on the tests are pretty straight forward, most people should be able to answer if without reading through the info. Besides you can take the test as many times as you want.
Old 02-08-05, 02:23 PM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
Sorry, I don't remember. But most of the questions on the tests are pretty straight forward, most people should be able to answer if without reading through the info. Besides you can take the test as many times as you want.
thanks.. I signed up this morning, quizes took about half an hour, now I gotta set an appointment to take a test at a proctored site..
Old 02-08-05, 03:39 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by edfrsd
thanks.. I signed up this morning, quizes took about half an hour, now I gotta set an appointment to take a test at a proctored site..
hmm, sounds like they've changed the process. I was able to do everything on the gototrafficschool site and get my certificate but a year or so has passed.