Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Online Traffic School

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-05, 09:07 AM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Online Traffic School

Hi all,

Has any of you did online traffic school?

Any recommendation?

Try to find more info, thanks all
Old 01-24-05, 12:17 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RayGS3
Hi all,

Has any of you did online traffic school?

Any recommendation?

Try to find more info, thanks all
I've done it, very simple and it gives you like 30 days(if i remember right) to complete it. The court must accept online traffic school certificates though. You could really just skip the lessons and just take the quizzes, you should already know most of the answers. Try: http://www.gototrafficschool.com/
Old 01-24-05, 08:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah my roommmate used it and he said it's retardedly easy. he went through the lessons at work in 2 hours and passed the exam in no time
Old 01-24-05, 11:19 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

it's really easy...i didn't remember any of the stuff that i learned before so all i did was copy and paste all the material into word then looked it up as i went. i'm having some problems with my traffic school right now...the ntsa isn't letting me take my final exam...booooo but it's really easy haha
Old 01-25-05, 08:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
it's really easy...i didn't remember any of the stuff that i learned before so all i did was copy and paste all the material into word then looked it up as i went. i'm having some problems with my traffic school right now...the ntsa isn't letting me take my final exam...booooo but it's really easy haha
i think it used to that you take the exam online as well, but now you have to study the stuff online and then go for an on-site exam
Old 01-25-05, 02:48 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

really? yuck that sucks even more then...i've been trying to get a hold of the ntsa for awhile now so that i could find out what to do but i'm not getting any responses...i talked to the court already and they said that if i still don't hear anything then they'll accept it as is.
Old 01-25-05, 06:30 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
I've done it, very simple and it gives you like 30 days(if i remember right) to complete it. The court must accept online traffic school certificates though. You could really just skip the lessons and just take the quizzes, you should already know most of the answers. Try: http://www.gototrafficschool.com/

Signed up and did it...probably took me 3 hours total time. Much better than sitting in a class.
Old 01-25-05, 08:09 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Does each county have different policy on this online traffic school certification?
Old 01-25-05, 09:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Does each county have different policy on this online traffic school certification?
yeah it does. i know the santa clara county is the most ahole one, strictest
Old 01-27-05, 02:43 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Yeah, every county has there own rules. I got one last year in Pleasanton area, which I think is Alameda County, and like Henry said you have to go in person to take the exam after the on-line process. So I decided to try a regular class which supposed to be a comedy one, but it turned out to be the most boring one I've ever been to (at least I got a pizza lunch out of it).
Old 01-27-05, 03:28 PM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Hehe.
You fell for the comedy class.
Online is easy and proctored exam is even easier.
If only you didn't have to drive so far to take it.

Anyone know a good lawyer who knows about moving violations?

Thanks,
~Alan
Old 01-27-05, 03:33 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JyGS430
Yeah, every county has there own rules. I got one last year in Pleasanton area, which I think is Alameda County, and like Henry said you have to go in person to take the exam after the on-line process. So I decided to try a regular class which supposed to be a comedy one, but it turned out to be the most boring one I've ever been to (at least I got a pizza lunch out of it).
Hmm, i did the test online but that was like a year ago and they sent me a certificate which I sent into the court. I guess they changed it, either that it depends on the county. For me it was san mateo county.
Old 01-27-05, 08:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

too bad, i went to one which was very entertaining (at times). 8 hours and that wasn't so bad. they didn't have rules saying that you can't dream during the class
Old 01-27-05, 10:08 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Hey Alan, instead of hiring a lawyer, how about not getting a ticket in the first place (at least from the CHP).

Wondering if anyone has heard about the CHP 11-99 Foundation? And if there is anyone out there w/ this membership or knows anyone w/ one. Also, if they've had any experience w/ using this to wiggle out of a ticket. Here are a some of links for info:

http://www.chp1199.org/membership.htm

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...light=CHP11-99

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscella...ingTickets.htm
Old 01-28-05, 12:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Hey Alan, instead of hiring a lawyer, how about not getting a ticket in the first place (at least from the CHP).

Wondering if anyone has heard about the CHP 11-99 Foundation? And if there is anyone out there w/ this membership or knows anyone w/ one. Also, if they've had any experience w/ using this to wiggle out of a ticket. Here are a some of links for info:

http://www.chp1199.org/membership.htm

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...light=CHP11-99

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscella...ingTickets.htm
well if you have a car fast enough i think you might be able to get away from chp

anyway, i have heard about 1199 before. thought about joining to get that card. it does help, i know 2 friends with it and they both got out of couple of tickets before already...

but i didn't join..... dunno, seems like a potential bargain, but seeing myself paying money to them up front, sigh...

Quick Reply: Online Traffic School