Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

90K Service. Is EXACT Motorsports your pick?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-05, 06:41 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 90K Service. Is EXACT Motorsports your pick?

Hey guys...my heffer of a car has nearly reached its 90,000 mile birthday. The lexus dealer wants somewhere along the lines of $2000 for everything. Im not really too keen on paying that much for a 90K. I was planning on buying all the parts using the cheapest ruotes (i.e. carson toyota) and then have the folks at EXACT install them.

Questions:

1. How much was the 90K? (include or exclude $ amount if you bought the parts yourself)

2. Has anyone had their 90K done at Exact? if so how was your experience?

3. How long did it take? (I would be coming in from out of town and leaving my car there overnight is not an option)

4. Did you car drive/run/feel any different after the 90K service.

5. What should I have for dinner? Pizza or Roasted Chicken?

haha back to point....the first 4 questions are for real and I would like an honest answer as i dont want to drive 2 hours just to have a service I can get done here somewhere...

TIA ,
-Andy
Old 01-26-05, 08:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i don't know about 1 to 4 but i think roasted chicken is better

seriously, i would go to exact for that any day. their prices are just good. i don' tknow about 90k to be exact, but i think jawnthen he went there for 60k service, and the price was like half of that of the dealership? and he could feel a clear diffeerence in how the car runs afterwards.

and man, you got a gs430 and already at 90k miles?!
Old 01-26-05, 08:53 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Man, that's a lot of miles. You have more than my 98.

I was going to do my 60k at Exact but then the timing was that my car was at TM Engineering (for other things) so I had it done down south. I'd have no problem having John do the service. If you talk to him, he'll even tell you what you need to get. That is the cheaper route because he uses OEM parts and if you don't have a contact, he orders it through the local dealer. I believe there is a shop discount for him but getting stuff from Steve may still be cheaper. I did this too. I bought parts from Steve and had the service done at TM.
Old 01-28-05, 01:08 AM
chuckchung
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, while everyone is talking about john at exact, i had a question about his work. I had him work on my LS a few months ago and while he is a great guy to talk to i had a few problems with the service. He did a timing belt service while also replacing many common parts. He also installed tokiko shocks and ebach springs for me. Right after i got my car back, i noticed that my air condition no longer worked and when i brought it back to him, his response is that it probably had a freeon leak and that he didn't even know if it worked before i brought it in for the service so he won't take any responsibility for it. Another problem i had was that a few months after the install, my right front shock started making a poping sound, i brought it back in and basically it looked like he messed up assembling something from before because he took 3 hours to disassemble my front shocks and re-do everything again. He's a great guy but i was wondering if anyone else has had any similar experiences as me. Thanks
Old 01-29-05, 09:46 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Originally Posted by chuckchung
hey, while everyone is talking about john at exact, i had a question about his work. I had him work on my LS a few months ago and while he is a great guy to talk to i had a few problems with the service. He did a timing belt service while also replacing many common parts. He also installed tokiko shocks and ebach springs for me. Right after i got my car back, i noticed that my air condition no longer worked and when i brought it back to him, his response is that it probably had a freeon leak and that he didn't even know if it worked before i brought it in for the service so he won't take any responsibility for it. Another problem i had was that a few months after the install, my right front shock started making a poping sound, i brought it back in and basically it looked like he messed up assembling something from before because he took 3 hours to disassemble my front shocks and re-do everything again. He's a great guy but i was wondering if anyone else has had any similar experiences as me. Thanks
thats not very comforting to hear. anyone else have any probs?

NEO - I drive my car atleast 50-100 miles a day. i think in one year alone I put on 22,000 miles. nice huh?
Old 01-29-05, 10:59 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PandaGS430
thats not very comforting to hear. anyone else have any probs?

NEO - I drive my car atleast 50-100 miles a day. i think in one year alone I put on 22,000 miles. nice huh?
I've never had any issues with Exact and have always been taken care of. I think that when people have issues with Exact they get resolved and they're very accomodating. They'll do things within reason and try to help the customer. Even if John didn't do something correctly on my car initially, I trust his integrity to fix the problem and their dedication to customer service. That's probably why most of us give them business.

BTW, where are you located Panda? Here's a pic of your car I took at EOSv3:
Old 01-29-05, 01:11 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andy is in Sactown.
Old 01-29-05, 10:06 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I trust John's work and I know he will fairly deal any issues that come come up. This is my personal experience and I have had Exact do nearly all my GS work for the last 3 years. Heck, I have even started bringing my LX470 in for service - and that's a strange sight in a place like Exact. Not a performance machine if you know what I mean.

But if you are driving all the way from Sacramento you are asking for trouble, IMO. I live 15 miles from Exact and work about one mile away. I can drop my car off anytime and Sandy has even loaned me her car for the afternoon. If I have any issues Exact is close by and I can drop in any time. But if you run into any issues the impact to you will be magnified due to the time/distance you have to invest. Big impact means even the smallest issue is not so small.

I'm not saying don't go to Exact, but there's gotta be some good shops that are closer.
Old 01-30-05, 11:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it's always good to know the positive and negative feedback. for myself i haven't had any bad experience with john, or any close friends that i know of. he still get my vote, but i guess if there are issues, the most important thing is he's willing to fix it

and andy, 50-100 miles a day? man, you must love your car
Old 01-31-05, 05:41 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

thanx for the replys fellas. As far as me getting my car serviced, I think ill be heading to my local lexus dealer. I just found out I know a guy who works for a dealership here in Sac, so he said he would get me a discounted price on the service...granted it wont be as cheap as Exact, but I will order the parts separately from carson, and have them install/service my car after that...plus they will give me a loaner while its in... again thanx for the replies