Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

New Laws

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-05, 08:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadd
I follow that rule right now. When my wipers are ON, I'll turn on my headlights & my fogs. What's the big deal? Why are you guys moaning, groaning, huffing & puffing?

It's for your own good you know? I mean, when it rains, it's usually darker. When it's darker, people have a hard time seeing you (especially people in front of you trying to see you in their side mirrors with the water dripping off it).

I do it for my own protection. The last thing I need to know is that the accident could have been avoided if the other driver saw me coming with my headlights ON.

I thought that was the law everywhere.......I thought I saw that when I was studying for my learner's permit here in NY. But I guess not huh?
doing it if it's a good thing that's fine. but putting it as a law i think that's kinda stupid

plus people have posted links saying that this is not the law...
Old 02-16-05, 12:25 PM
al7ezza
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Correct me if I am wrong, I think this law is originated from Canada. It is a requirement for them. Well, I think the purpose for turning on the headlight (it will be fine for us who have DRL) is to allow the people in front know that there is a car behind / or close to you
Old 02-16-05, 09:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by al7ezza
Correct me if I am wrong, I think this law is originated from Canada. It is a requirement for them. Well, I think the purpose for turning on the headlight (it will be fine for us who have DRL) is to allow the people in front know that there is a car behind / or close to you
well the law in cananda is that everyone needs to ahve drl on the car. with that, it doesn't matter if your wipers are on
Old 03-15-05, 04:20 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Laws blow! I've had my fair share of tickets and talks with officers. approx. 15 tickets and about 25 pull overs. Luckily I still hold my license with only 2 points on it. Tickets are mostly for fix-its. Dam modified vehicle laws!
Old 03-15-05, 04:35 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadd
I follow that rule right now. When my wipers are ON, I'll turn on my headlights & my fogs. What's the big deal? Why are you guys moaning, groaning, huffing & puffing?

It's for your own good you know? I mean, when it rains, it's usually darker. When it's darker, people have a hard time seeing you (especially people in front of you trying to see you in their side mirrors with the water dripping off it).

I do it for my own protection. The last thing I need to know is that the accident could have been avoided if the other driver saw me coming with my headlights ON.

I thought that was the law everywhere.......I thought I saw that when I was studying for my learner's permit here in NY. But I guess not huh?

I was wondering the same thing (why this is a big deal to ANYONE). In pretty much any state, you cannot rely on most drivers to use common sense and do things such as turn the headlights on when visibility is poor. There have been so many foggy and/or rainy days here lately and I frequently cannot see other vehicles because visibility is so poor at times. It would be helpful if they had their lights on so they could be seen, but courtesy and common sense do not seem to get out much these days. I have no problem with the law or the fines. It might teach some of the tuned out rubes on the road how to do something for safety's sake while driving.
Old 03-15-05, 05:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Laws blow! I've had my fair share of tickets and talks with officers. approx. 15 tickets and about 25 pull overs. Luckily I still hold my license with only 2 points on it. Tickets are mostly for fix-its. Dam modified vehicle laws!
man you must have a lot of stuff on your car to fix...