Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Dealer curbed my RIM!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-05, 06:04 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its been the third day i have got my car back from the dealer, as what the service manager said they will ONLY paint the part that was scratch, turns out they sent it "pacific rims" to get the whole thing repaint. It was off, i have Diamod Black BBS RGR. the wheel looks like dark silver and no where close to what it originally was, i was going to post some picture, but picture doesnot do show because of the lighting. So today, i went back to Lexus of Pleasanton talk to their service manager Ken Pletcher, I told him that the color is totally off, and he said he told me it will never be able to match (Great!), then he said he doesn't even have any idea how they scratch it becuase the tire looked perfectly fine with no scratch(i had S03, and i had them mounted new tire "PS-2" on it for me) , then he started to get **** off and said that is the only offer he will give me and will not offer anything anymore, and he walked away and said "We are done!"
i absolutly SURE I did not scratch omy rim. if i did, i will pay by myself, and i dont think i deserve to get my rim damage while i pay them $1000 for service.
Guys, please give me your comments about the way he answer back. I am going to write a letter to complain about it.
Old 03-24-05, 08:59 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pacific Rims sucks. They could not match wheel color on my L-Tuned either. I had to buy a new rim.

As to what to do now, it depends how much you want to push. I was surprised they agreed to fix it because of the lapse in time. But since they did agree to it, they should fix it right. I personally would rather live with curb rash than a whole wheel that does not match. Take it up the food chain. Tell them that they actually made it worse. See if they will pay for it if you fix it at Wheel Techniques and whatever the outcome, you will live with it since it is the shop of your choice. Worst case, they say no and you would have had to take it to WT anyway.

Good luck Ryan.
Old 03-24-05, 08:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well we have talked on the phone about this already, but this is what i think:

about the rim:
1) i already told you before don't accept their offer of repainting the wheel (let alone repainting just that part?! what is that?!)
2) you took deliver of your car last time without inspecting the wheels, that was a big mistake already, that gives everyone the benefit of the doubt
3) you took deliver of your car this time, AGAIN, without carefully inspecting the color. i know you had your reason, but you have to understand that those reasons aren't getting you anywhere
4) you SURE you didn't scratch it is not something that will give you more credit in front of lexus as well. it carries no power in that statement.
5) you can deifnitely try to continue talk to them or the gm about the rim, and if they listen, they might fix it (one way or the other). it's up them coz' they can simply choose to stand by the service department and deny everything. remember, you took deliver of your car twice (big big mistakes). first time they could blame you on doing that, but they did you a good will. second time they can blame you for altering the paint after the car left the left dealership (if they really want to). you literally dimished your chances big time

about the manager:
1) was anyone with you as witness of his attitude and what he said?
2) go to the dealership and ask for the gm and file a formal complain and request a formal apology, in person if you wish. you can always do that
3) tell them if they don't accept it you will file complain with lexus corp, and you will report the incident to bbb
4) tell them also that if they don't do anything about it, you will contact the media about it
5) if they say you are threatening them, tell them you are not, you are just simply telling them what you are going to do

that's all i can think of.
Old 03-24-05, 09:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Neo
Pacific Rims sucks. They could not match wheel color on my L-Tuned either. I had to buy a new rim.

As to what to do now, it depends how much you want to push. I was surprised they agreed to fix it because of the lapse in time. But since they did agree to it, they should fix it right. I personally would rather live with curb rash than a whole wheel that does not match. Take it up the food chain. Tell them that they actually made it worse. See if they will pay for it if you fix it at Wheel Techniques and whatever the outcome, you will live with it since it is the shop of your choice. Worst case, they say no and you would have had to take it to WT anyway.

Good luck Ryan.
well i think that depends on whether they told ryan last time that the wheel color will not match perfectly. if they did and ryan heard that, then it's a valid contract, and the dealership is not liable for anything anymore. that's exactly why i wouldn't have allowed them to just "repaint" the wheels without any strings and details attached
Old 03-24-05, 09:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh and one more thing.... you told me that you are gonig back to hong kong tonight, for a week. i don't think that's going to help your case at all.... probably make it a lot worse...
Old 03-25-05, 04:27 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Just got back hom in Hong Kong, called the GM, he says they are going to buy me a new rim
I explained everything clearly, he said he doesnt want his customer having bad experience, anyhow, they are getting me a new rim.
appreciate to all comments
Old 03-25-05, 04:35 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
well we have talked on the phone about this already, but this is what i think:

about the rim:
1) i already told you before don't accept their offer of repainting the wheel (let alone repainting just that part?! what is that?!)
2) you took deliver of your car last time without inspecting the wheels, that was a big mistake already, that gives everyone the benefit of the doubt
3) you took deliver of your car this time, AGAIN, without carefully inspecting the color. i know you had your reason, but you have to understand that those reasons aren't getting you anywhere
4) you SURE you didn't scratch it is not something that will give you more credit in front of lexus as well. it carries no power in that statement.
5) you can deifnitely try to continue talk to them or the gm about the rim, and if they listen, they might fix it (one way or the other). it's up them coz' they can simply choose to stand by the service department and deny everything. remember, you took deliver of your car twice (big big mistakes). first time they could blame you on doing that, but they did you a good will. second time they can blame you for altering the paint after the car left the left dealership (if they really want to). you literally dimished your chances big time

about the manager:
1) was anyone with you as witness of his attitude and what he said?
2) go to the dealership and ask for the gm and file a formal complain and request a formal apology, in person if you wish. you can always do that
3) tell them if they don't accept it you will file complain with lexus corp, and you will report the incident to bbb
4) tell them also that if they don't do anything about it, you will contact the media about it
5) if they say you are threatening them, tell them you are not, you are just simply telling them what you are going to do

that's all i can think of.
200% sure i did not scratch it. and I had witness
Old 03-25-05, 11:26 PM
guillermo
Lexus Test Driver

lexus of oxnard
curb my cf lip when they were doing a oil change
i told them about it and they said that i did it
the lip was bran new
and they gave it back all ruined
and they didnt want to pay 4 it
Old 03-26-05, 12:23 AM
Neo
The One

Glad things got resolved Ryan.
Old 03-27-05, 11:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

sounds like the GM is a nice guy
Old 04-03-05, 03:18 AM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

got my car back with brand new rim
Old 04-03-05, 09:10 PM
Neo
The One

Glad to see things are bak to normal.
Old 04-03-05, 11:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

that's good, they got the rim pretty fast!