Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Dealer curbed my RIM!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-05, 05:10 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealer curbed my RIM!!

I had my 90k miles done at Lexus of Plesanton on Feb 25th, and today i found a rash on my right rear rear, its pretty damn long! I wonder if anyone has this kind of experince with the dealer? if anyone had, did they pay you money to get them fix?
Anyway...I am pissed!
Old 03-05-05, 06:18 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

i read about that happening to a CL member with a GS. but it was at longo down in S. Cali. I believe they paid for new rims. can't remember

here i found it

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141117

Last edited by CarlssonLS400; 03-05-05 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-05-05, 07:56 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GS400kid
I had my 90k miles done at Lexus of Plesanton on Feb 25th, and today i found a rash on my right rear rear, its pretty damn long! I wonder if anyone has this kind of experince with the dealer? if anyone had, did they pay you money to get them fix?
Anyway...I am pissed!

Did you point it out to them when you picked up the car?

Don't know if you drove the car away and then told them a few days later. They can always say that you could have done it. I'd take a look at where at the dealership that this could have happened. Maybe you could find a fresh black tire mark or scratch in the curb that matches your damage.

Either way, looks like another repair job for wheel techniques.

Good Luck.
Old 03-05-05, 08:49 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it will be tough to get them to pay. The appointment was on 2/25 and you found the curb rash on 3/5. I am not saying they did not do it. It will just be hard to prove it.

You can try to talk to them but be prepared to just deal with it yourself. Sorry bro.
Old 03-05-05, 10:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lesson is you should have checked out your car very carefully before you pick up the car. seriously, now it's too tough to complain, i dont' think they will take your complain. sorry to hear that
Old 03-06-05, 01:02 AM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

i have never got a chance to get my car wash since the day i left the dealer, thats y i didnt notice it until my friend laughed out that i curbed my rim. twell...yea for shame...
in the past week i have never parallel park my car, its kinda hard to get a parallel spot at my school in the frist place. so i am 110% sure i didnt curb it
i went to the dealer right after i found that out, the guy i talked to he said i will have to wait to monday for the guy that incharge of things like that, i will see whats gonna happen!
i learned my lesson, shoulda check the car bumper to bumper, i swear i tried to avoid going to dealers or shops, they dont give me confident but 90k seems like a big job to me and i meay need some part, like my water pump was leaking....
Anyway
Thanks for the input guys!!
Old 03-06-05, 11:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i have never got a chance to get my car wash since the day i left the dealer, thats y i didnt notice it until my friend laughed out that i curbed my rim. twell...yea for shame...
in the past week i have never parallel park my car, its kinda hard to get a parallel spot at my school in the frist place. so i am 110% sure i didnt curb it
i went to the dealer right after i found that out, the guy i talked to he said i will have to wait to monday for the guy that incharge of things like that, i will see whats gonna happen!
i learned my lesson, shoulda check the car bumper to bumper, i swear i tried to avoid going to dealers or shops, they dont give me confident but 90k seems like a big job to me and i meay need some part, like my water pump was leaking....
Anyway
they did your 90k and now the water pump is leaking?! that's pretty bad right? you should complain to them on that too

yeah, that's what i do, every time i get my car at dealership, i spend at least 3 4 mins checking the car. everyone stares at me but i don't care. even the valet told me "it's ok" and i am like "how can i trust you?"
Old 03-06-05, 12:33 PM
RMMGS4

Anyway

You don't even have a body kit or super low car and they still managed to screw it up. Does your dealer have a lot of curb parking? If they are reasonable, then they should atleast acknowledge that they could have done it, especially if they have a lot of curbside parking. Then just explaing your story that you just washed your car and you go to school with no curb parking. Then say you are 110% sure. That's the best you can say. You are just being honest and sincere about it. It's worth a try.

Next time get your service done at Exact Motorsports. There's no need to go to the dealer. Exact will charge you less and take care of your car.

Another note is repairing this wheel is gonna be cheaper than them paying for a new one. You might be able to show them the retail price of a new wheel and ask them to pay like half.

Wheel Tech can probably repair your rim for $150 to $200 depending on the damage. I know your rims cost much more than that. So as long as you can get some money from them that could still work out for you.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-06-05 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-06-05, 12:40 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
they did your 90k and now the water pump is leaking?! that's pretty bad right? you should complain to them on that too

yeah, that's what i do, every time i get my car at dealership, i spend at least 3 4 mins checking the car. everyone stares at me but i don't care. even the valet told me "it's ok" and i am like "how can i trust you?"
o sorry...i didnt explain it clear, they found it leak
Old 03-06-05, 12:43 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
You don't even have a body kit or super low car and they still managed to screw it up. Does your dealer have a lot of curb parking? If they are reasonable, then they should atleast acknowledge that they could have done it, especially if they have a lot of curbside parking. Then just explaing your story that you just washed your car and you go to school with no curb parking. Then say you are 110% sure. That's the best you can say. You are just being honest and sincere about it. It's worth a try.

Next time get your service done at Exact Motorsports. There's no need to go to the dealer. Exact will charge you less and take care of your car.

Another note is repairing this wheel is gonna be cheaper than them paying for a new one. You might be able to show them the retail price of a new wheel and ask them to pay like half.

Wheel Tech can probably repair your rim for $150 to $200 depending on the damage. I know your rims cost much more than that. So as long as you can get some money from them that could still work out for you.
they reason i didn't go to exact was beacuse Exact wanted to have my car for at least 2 days, thats why going to the dealer seems easier since they give me a loaner
Old 03-06-05, 12:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

they reason i didn't go to exact was beacuse Exact wanted to have my car for at least 2 days, thats why going to the dealer seems easier since they give me a loaner
true, the loaner is always a problem

glen, body kits doesn't really do much. the way i see, stock wheels are all so conservative on the cars, i see a lot of valet when they park the car they are soo used to the stock wheels already, so they go close to the curb. which is fine, until they drive one with aggressive wheels like ours
Old 03-06-05, 02:14 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

glen, body kits doesn't really do much. the way i see, stock wheels are all so conservative on the cars, i see a lot of valet when they park the car they are soo used to the stock wheels already, so they go close to the curb. which is fine, until they drive one with aggressive wheels like ours
If i have choice i would rather drive my car into the service, and aviod the dealer touch the steering wheel...
Old 03-06-05, 05:06 PM
RMMGS4

I'm worried about them hitting the air dam when they park into a parallel parking they will hit my front end for sure.
Old 03-06-05, 09:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
I'm worried about them hitting the air dam when they park into a parallel parking they will hit my front end for sure.
oh you are damn right.... i know what scenario you taking about. very true, a lot of people they don't know how to drive our cars
Old 03-08-05, 09:11 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Dealer is gonna paint that part on friday, i will see how it turns out, if its bad i will try to see if they will let me take it to wheel techniques and bill them

Quick Reply: Dealer curbed my RIM!!