Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Audio Images and other audio install feedback.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-05 | 07:08 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
glad to hear that everything is back to original, you must be happy now. that's good.

so i am kinda confused actually. they don't take people seriously until they are backed up against the wall?
Thanks Henry.

It sure seems that way! Guess we'll have to wait for the next horror/success story - if there is one.
Old 03-21-05 | 08:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Darius2010
Thanks Henry.

It sure seems that way! Guess we'll have to wait for the next horror/success story - if there is one.
i guess it's a tough situation now, where we should recommend that to people or not. they definitely screwed you up big time on thurs, and also to a lot of other members.

but from what they did on sat, they seem to know what they are doing and "could" be nice....
Old 03-21-05 | 10:52 PM
eyedrop
Driver

Originally Posted by 1NewLexIS300
Lucian (eyedrop) had bought a nav module like me inorder for our headnuits to work while us being able to keep/use or stock navi at the same time (without having to take out the motherboard and rip it apart). I went to Audiomobile to install mine and it worked fine. Lucian went to Audioimages and they did not get it working, thus disabling his oem navi.........he asked me what to do and i suggested Audio Mobile........(they also installed his complicated compustar alarm)
Thanks, Mike. I owe you one. I'm a perfectionist too when it comes to things, but I always have this setback thinking that during the process of trying to get it resolved, it would come out worse if I **** off the guy even more. Besides, I wanted a CompuStar alarm and Audio Images doesn't offer it. And I heard good things about Audio Mobile about their alarm install previously, so I naturally went to them for the alarm plus the fixup.

Darius, I'm glad it worked out the way you intend it to be afterall. But I still don't like the fact that it takes two tries to make it right.

I'm not the type who so called "bad-mouth" about a shop to bring their reputation down. But I do believe that it's good to share experience with each other, so another person wouldn't not have to go through the same experience if it's not a good one. That's what makes this forum great.
Old 03-22-05 | 11:29 AM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Darius,

Glad that AI corrected their mistakes. If they have done that right at the first time, then you wouldn't have to drive up n down so many times.

Now at least, it's all fix and clean and sound good. Enjoy it
Old 03-22-05 | 11:47 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RayGS3
Darius,

Glad that AI corrected their mistakes. If they have done that right at the first time, then you wouldn't have to drive up n down so many times.

Now at least, it's all fix and clean and sound good. Enjoy it

Thanks Guys!

Ray, hows the MTX amp and sub working out after a year?

Glen, if you're reading, check your mail.
Old 03-22-05 | 06:32 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Guys!

Ray, hows the MTX amp and sub working out after a year?

Glen, if you're reading, check your mail.
Their sound just as good as the first day. My set up is one simple one and if they can't do mine correctly, then they should just close their shop down.

Anyway, enjoy your new set up. take some pics and share with us.
Old 03-27-05 | 10:46 AM
Jc4dint
Driver

Ahh the horrors, glad things worked out Darius. Complicated alarms like yours does take a while, theres so much wiring involved. When it come to alarms I let the pros do it.

I personally have had good experiences at AutoSound in Redwood City. Ever since I've had a driver's license and fixing up my cars, I've always gone back to them. Why, they do good work and like anything else in life, there will always be problems. I too have experienced little problems here and there, but they've always fixed any problems.

I recently had the complex Clifford Matrix RS3 installed and it took them about 4 hours. No complaints.

So I personally recommend AutoSound in Redwood City, talk to John Le. He's a nice guy.

Again, good thing your problem is resolved.
Old 03-27-05 | 12:44 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jc4dint
Ahh the horrors, glad things worked out Darius. Complicated alarms like yours does take a while, theres so much wiring involved. When it come to alarms I let the pros do it.

I personally have had good experiences at AutoSound in Redwood City. Ever since I've had a driver's license and fixing up my cars, I've always gone back to them. Why, they do good work and like anything else in life, there will always be problems. I too have experienced little problems here and there, but they've always fixed any problems.

I recently had the complex Clifford Matrix RS3 installed and it took them about 4 hours. No complaints.

So I personally recommend AutoSound in Redwood City, talk to John Le. He's a nice guy.

Again, good thing your problem is resolved.
Thanks Jonathan, AutoSound in Redwood City is listed as a preferred installer in the back of Car Audio and Electronics Magazine.

I think we have the same alarm. The Clifford Matrix RSX3.5 is the same as the Viper 791XV.

How's your "lighting problem" going? Any closer to getting it resolved?

Darius

Last edited by TwentyTen; 03-27-05 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-27-05 | 01:01 PM
Neo
The One

So has he worked on a GS? How much did it cost you for the alarm/remote start install?
Old 03-27-05 | 11:21 PM
Jc4dint
Driver

Default AutoSound

Thanks Jonathan, AutoSound in Redwood City is listed as a preferred installer in the back of Car Audio and Electronics Magazine.

I think we have the same alarm. The Clifford Matrix RSX3.5 is the same as the Viper 791XV.

How's your "lighting problem" going? Any closer to getting it resolved?

Darius
Lighting problem??? Maybe it wasn't me. But I'm still using the Wenol, but I've been lazy lately and those spokes take a while.

Originally Posted by Neo
So has he worked on a GS? How much did it cost you for the alarm/remote start install?
here's a GS install, a full-on system. It actually has a Rockford Symmetry computer system integrated next to the shifter, but I didn't get a pic of it. Doh. Didn't take a pic of the whole car either because it had gross lowrider wheels. This was a few years back, but everytime I go there they're working on systems. So you guys should stop in and look.

The green trunk was my old Integra. Still my favorite setup, Soundstreams. I miss those.

As for the alarm, I've been a long time customer, so he gave me a a good price. If you're interested, PM me and I'll ask him. What car, which alarm, any options. OR just call him directly and tell him Jonathan with the Silver SC sent ya.
Attached Thumbnails Audio Images and other audio install feedback.-integratrunk.jpg  
Old 03-27-05 | 11:23 PM
Jc4dint
Driver

Default GS trunk

Silver GS trunk
Attached Thumbnails Audio Images and other audio install feedback.-gstrunk1.jpg  
Old 03-27-05 | 11:24 PM
Jc4dint
Driver

Default GS Trunk 2

Silver GS trunk 2
Attached Thumbnails Audio Images and other audio install feedback.-gstrunk2.jpg  
Old 03-27-05 | 11:24 PM
Jc4dint
Driver

Default Silver GS trunk

Silver GS Interior, old school VHS and N64. No PS2 yet, must have been a long time ago.
Attached Thumbnails Audio Images and other audio install feedback.-gstrunk3.jpg  

Last edited by Jc4dint; 03-28-05 at 01:30 AM.
Old 03-28-05 | 10:09 AM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Lighting problem??? Maybe it wasn't me. But I'm still using the Wenol, but I've been lazy lately and those spokes take a while.
I haven't used Wenol in a while either. I'll do it in the summer when the wheels have a chance at staying dry.

Check your PM.
Old 04-23-05 | 06:16 PM
isDiva
Driver School Candidate

Default hummmmm

I was thinking of taking my is in there but after all that I dont
know, I mean i know bascially nothing about stereos and installation
so I kinda need someone to do it right and do it right the first time.

I have been in there before ... but i didn't know this about them.

Your post was totally helpful. does anyone know of any places
on the peninsula that do good install?

thanks

Quick Reply: Audio Images and other audio install feedback.