Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

SF to Santa Cruz Cruise Meet Follow Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-05, 11:57 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Thanks again Will! Marc said he wanted to hit up Sinugba or Lingnam and go for some longsilog next time before we start our trip. LOL!!!
Old 04-30-05, 11:59 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bchau_gt
Great pictures. What kind of camera do you use?
Thanks, I use Canon s50, Olympus c-4000, and Sony dsc-s75... Today I used the Olympus for battery life.
Old 05-01-05, 12:21 AM
tobal
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pictures came out really nice.... looks like a missed out a great meet.
Old 05-01-05, 12:24 AM
Damage
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
That's Miss_IS300 she was there w/her b/f.

No, and not available.
Ah damn. Good ones are always taken.
Old 05-01-05, 12:27 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Damage
hahaha awwww thanks..
Old 05-01-05, 12:44 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Damage
Yep. C'est la vie.
Old 05-01-05, 01:29 AM
kokonutjc
Lead Lap

Looks like a great turn out to a wonderful day to drive the coast......Great pics guys and gals ! ! !
Old 05-01-05, 01:40 AM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

all are very nice pics..too bad i couldn't make it down to santa cruz...it's great to meet all of you and definitely looking forward to the next meet/drive..
Old 05-01-05, 10:18 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG The pics w/ the missing IS bumper and somone else picking up his bumper and sticking out of the passenger side was hilarious.

And the pics from lex400sc was awesome. You can't get any better than that!
Big "ups" to you

This cruise have far exceeded my expectations and I'm very satisfied w/ the outcome.
There were minor stipulations that we came across, like the neighborhood cop that saw us come down the hill from Skyline College and trailed us until we merged onto Highway 1.
(see pic above). Or private security strolling by at Skyline College parking and didn't even stop or anything. We were doing our business in a professional way and the outside world saw that, which made it easier for us not to worry too much about these things. But it got our blood flowing though.

You cannot ask for a more smoother cruise path and less traffic lights. Our entire group stayed together throughout the cruise. No inner city obstables, pedestrians, etc. to deal with other than from Skyline College and entering downtown Santa Cruz.

For sure, I think this SF CRUISE MEET 2 wasn't going to happen. After careful thinking about last year's SF CRUSE MEET 2, I wanted to conitnue the "scenic theme" and ambiance of the entire cruise.

So I talked w/ several CL members and received numerous ideas and we ran w/ it.

The time and effort to put a small meet like this together is hard work. As a result,
the results speaks for themselves.

As we move forward to future CL events, I encourage all those that any little bit of your time and effort to helping and contributing your ideas, expererience and knowledge to future CL events is what makes CLubLexus successful.

I'm already thinking about next year's SF CRUISE MEET 3. It will be more breath-taking and exhilerating than this one, for sure.

And now for the Thank You's
======================
Glen - giving us guidance and the veteran wisdom that you are.
Flipside909 - your dedication to CL and the miles that you burn from SoCal to NorCal is a testament of your loyalty and the success of CL.
Tamr_gus98 & BC-GS430 - your experience and knowledge w/ the surroundings of skyline college and Highway 1.
Rominl - your veteran experience and knowledge input of organizing such events like this is of great value is the result of successful meet event.

**Those who took pics** - Great Job! Your pics become an ingrained memorable flash of greatness to the CL pages. It's not easy taking still shots while in a moving vehicle, but you guys managed to pull it off.

**For those that missed the event, what can I say, the pics speak for themselves.
Oh, for you SC430's, this would have been one of the best open-top rides that you've could have experienced right in your own back door. Oh well, maybe next year.

See Ya'll at the next event and thank you all for coming along.
teeman3

=============================

Last edited by martini3; 05-01-05 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-01-05, 11:58 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bchau_gt
Looks like it was a good meet.

So how exactly did your bumper come off Tim?

i had to eject it to lose some dead wait , so i can get my car faster....

so this is what happen my rear bumper is pretty messed up from being so low and most of the clips are gone from bottoming out in the city ...{ got a new one in my garage so dont worry ill not happen again at the next meet i hope }...so ok on with the story . so when the grafite is300 pulled up front i cut lanes and came up behind her, and started speeding up to kind of push her to go alittle faster ..so she went for it { it was on like donkey knog }so me and her were doing about 120 or so when she slowed down and one of her passangers started to stick his hand out the window , so i thought allright it was slow down time, till joe rolled up next to me and tells me dude your bumpers gone.." i was like great again " ..so since my bumper is just bearly clipped on at 120mph+ rear downforce drag the lose bumper to eject itself...i was just glad that it didnt hit anyones car...but yeah so that was what happen.....but if anyone asks again its called my rear bumper eject button for tailgators....

Last edited by alwayzspeedin; 05-01-05 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-01-05, 02:14 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Anyone having problems seeing BC-GS430s pics. They come up as all red x's.

Sounds like it was an excellent meet. I wish I could of made it out. Hopefully I will be able to make the next one.
Old 05-01-05, 02:53 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 49IS300
Anyone having problems seeing BC-GS430s pics. They come up as all red x's.

Sounds like it was an excellent meet. I wish I could of made it out. Hopefully I will be able to make the next one.
They are linked to a free image hosting site. Maybe they were having issues.
Old 05-01-05, 04:57 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Longsilog before next meet.

Originally Posted by flipside909
Thanks again Will! Marc said he wanted to hit up Sinugba or Lingnam and go for some longsilog next time before we start our trip. LOL!!!
O.K. Ryan, my treat.
Will
Old 05-01-05, 05:37 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xxxalwayzspeedinxxx
i had to eject it to lose some dead wait , so i can get my car faster....

so this is what happen my rear bumper is pretty messed up from being so low and most of the clips are gone from bottoming out in the city ...{ got a new one in my garage so dont worry ill not happen again at the next meet i hope }...so ok on with the story . so when the grafite is300 pulled up front i cut lanes and came up behind her, and started speeding up to kind of push her to go alittle faster ..so she went for it { it was on like donkey knog }so me and her were doing about 120 or so when she slowed down and one of her passangers started to stick his hand out the window , so i thought allright it was slow down time, till joe rolled up next to me and tells me dude your bumpers gone.." i was like great again " ..so since my bumper is just bearly clipped on at 120mph+ rear downforce drag the lose bumper to eject itself...i was just glad that it didnt hit anyones car...but yeah so that was what happen.....but if anyone asks again its called my rear bumper eject button for tailgators....
LOL rear bumper eject good one...good thing i wasn't behind you then hahaha we were wondering if you even knew that you lost your bumper because you just kept on going. no one in my car even believed me!
Old 05-01-05, 09:18 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lex400sc
Thanks, I use Canon s50, Olympus c-4000, and Sony dsc-s75... Today I used the Olympus for battery life.
Thanks for the info, nice set of cameras you got there.

Quick Reply: SF to Santa Cruz Cruise Meet Follow Up