Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

SF to Santa Cruz Cruise Meet Follow Up

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-05, 09:19 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxalwayzspeedinxxx
i had to eject it to lose some dead wait , so i can get my car faster....

so this is what happen my rear bumper is pretty messed up from being so low and most of the clips are gone from bottoming out in the city ...{ got a new one in my garage so dont worry ill not happen again at the next meet i hope }...so ok on with the story . so when the grafite is300 pulled up front i cut lanes and came up behind her, and started speeding up to kind of push her to go alittle faster ..so she went for it { it was on like donkey knog }so me and her were doing about 120 or so when she slowed down and one of her passangers started to stick his hand out the window , so i thought allright it was slow down time, till joe rolled up next to me and tells me dude your bumpers gone.." i was like great again " ..so since my bumper is just bearly clipped on at 120mph+ rear downforce drag the lose bumper to eject itself...i was just glad that it didnt hit anyones car...but yeah so that was what happen.....but if anyone asks again its called my rear bumper eject button for tailgators....
Haha, thanks for the explanation Tim. You just can't resist going fast huh? Hopefully we can make your car even quicker and faster soon.
Old 05-01-05, 09:22 PM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
LOL rear bumper eject good one...good thing i wasn't behind you then hahaha we were wondering if you even knew that you lost your bumper because you just kept on going. no one in my car even believed me!
anna banana, i thought you said you cut your hair short! still looks long to me

next time you're at a meet, call me! so how was your first meet?
Old 05-01-05, 09:43 PM
oyabongxkp
Driver School Candidate

oh man..
I was right behind xxxalwayzspeedinxxx(Tim) and Miss_is300 when that happened.. I was going like 120+ to catch up and all of sudden Tim's rear bumper flies on me. I mean I knew his bumper was pretty lose cuz we bought extra bumpers together, but damn… I didn’t expecting that to happened… lol
But it was all good.

Anyways I just wanna say thank you to all of you who made this meet possible. I can’t wait til next year.

Hope to see you guys real soon.

Originally Posted by xxxalwayzspeedinxxx
i had to eject it to lose some dead wait , so i can get my car faster....

so this is what happen my rear bumper is pretty messed up from being so low and most of the clips are gone from bottoming out in the city ...{ got a new one in my garage so dont worry ill not happen again at the next meet i hope }...so ok on with the story . so when the grafite is300 pulled up front i cut lanes and came up behind her, and started speeding up to kind of push her to go alittle faster ..so she went for it { it was on like donkey knog }so me and her were doing about 120 or so when she slowed down and one of her passangers started to stick his hand out the window , so i thought allright it was slow down time, till joe rolled up next to me and tells me dude your bumpers gone.." i was like great again " ..so since my bumper is just bearly clipped on at 120mph+ rear downforce drag the lose bumper to eject itself...i was just glad that it didnt hit anyones car...but yeah so that was what happen.....but if anyone asks again its called my rear bumper eject button for tailgators....
Old 05-01-05, 10:18 PM
oyabongxkp
Driver School Candidate

Old 05-01-05, 10:19 PM
oyabongxkp
Driver School Candidate

Old 05-01-05, 10:45 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Thanks to everyone for all the planning that went into this. We definitely had a great time and it was nice meeting everyone. Our dog was really happy to ride along as the honorary CL mascot

Nice pics also...they really helped captured all the details of the day...thanks to Tim for making it even more memorable...twice? (at least we pulled over twice, haha)

These meets are great b/c they not only inspire me with ideas for my car, they also inspired my gf who is now more encouraged to help me mod it

I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

-Jeff
Old 05-02-05, 12:11 AM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

Looks like I missed out on a really great cruise (I'm still mad I had to work the last min.).
I will for sure make the next meet, hopefully its the BOS event.
Thanks for all the pics.
Old 05-02-05, 12:15 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1NewLexIS300
anna banana, i thought you said you cut your hair short! still looks long to me

next time you're at a meet, call me! so how was your first meet?
its been over a year since i cut it...you know...hair does grow mike LOL i'll be sure to call you next time and as you can tell by the pictures and the stories...i had a GREAT time lol
Old 05-02-05, 12:19 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by inkblot
Thanks to everyone for all the planning that went into this. We definitely had a great time and it was nice meeting everyone. Our dog was really happy to ride along as the honorary CL mascot

Nice pics also...they really helped captured all the details of the day...thanks to Tim for making it even more memorable...twice? (at least we pulled over twice, haha)

These meets are great b/c they not only inspire me with ideas for my car, they also inspired my gf who is now more encouraged to help me mod it

I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

-Jeff
Hey Jeff! I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you guys...i think you parted ways when we got to Santa Cruz? I could have sworn you were behind me after the last stop we made along Cabrillo Hwy. I lost track. I'll definitely catch up to you guys again in the near future!

-Ryan
Old 05-02-05, 12:34 AM
inkblot
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
Hey Jeff! I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you guys...i think you parted ways when we got to Santa Cruz? I could have sworn you were behind me after the last stop we made along Cabrillo Hwy. I lost track. I'll definitely catch up to you guys again in the near future!

-Ryan
Hey Ryan!

Yep, we were right behind you heading into the parking lot.
Unfortunately, dogs aren't allowed into the Boardwalk, so I made a quick run in to grab some food and bring it back out to the parking lot while she stayed back with Chester for a bit (we brought his food along too! ), and then both of us went back out for a quick stroll up and down the place and then decided to head back (it looked like it was about to rain so we figured we'd hit the road...luckily it never did!).

Too bad we didn't get to say bye to everyone. Hopefully we'll see you next time you're up! I'll buy you some Jollibee

Later,
Jeff
Old 05-02-05, 01:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow that's nice, seems like everyone had a grea great time there, that's awesome!

and thanks for the pics too, everything looks cool!!!

so the cop just passed you guys by? that's cool. and the flying bumper that's one funny story man. my eyes popped out when i saw really the BUMPER!!
Old 05-02-05, 01:06 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oyabongxkp
oh man..
I was right behind xxxalwayzspeedinxxx(Tim) and Miss_is300 when that happened.. I was going like 120+ to catch up and all of sudden Tim's rear bumper flies on me. I mean I knew his bumper was pretty lose cuz we bought extra bumpers together, but damn… I didn’t expecting that to happened… lol
But it was all good.

Anyways I just wanna say thank you to all of you who made this meet possible. I can’t wait til next year.

Hope to see you guys real soon.

hey joe right on for the ride for the bumper retrivel...and staying behind to make sure it wouldnt happen again even though you new about it thanx .... next time you got to stay longer ...good seeing you again
Old 05-02-05, 10:37 AM
PrlGS3
Pole Position

Hey Guys!
I had a great time and it was definitely cool meeting you guys.
And those are very nice pics. Especially the 56K OWNAGE ones!!!

I look forward to the next meet and cruising with you guys again!
Old 05-02-05, 10:57 AM
SPORTcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Your bumper is freakin magical...it must land right-side up every time, cuz there was not a scratch on it from what i could see.
If anything fell off my car at 120, I wouldn't expect it to survive, much less look untouched.

I guess the next step would be to modify the bumper to work like a bumerang.
It comes off, flies up, turns around, and smacks right back into place.

Great meet!
As always Rich took some awesome pics. The coast cruise shots are absolutely priceless, and I always wanted a shot of my car through the side mirror.

Thanks to Tee and Glen for the organizing.
Looking forward to the affore-mentioned mini-meet (did I hear someone say "Free Love at the Elephant Bar"?)

See you guys soon.

~Alan
Old 05-06-05, 07:03 AM
MarkMacGS4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
Thanks again Will! Marc said he wanted to hit up Sinugba or Lingnam and go for some longsilog next time before we start our trip. LOL!!!
Yo dude, I recommend the Beef Tortasilog at Sinugba, but don't expect any customer service or your food in a timely manner.

Yo Rich, the pix were absolutely stunning man...esp of the one with the ball-headed dude in the silver GS4...LOL

Nice cruise folks, see ya'll soon.

-Mark

Quick Reply: SF to Santa Cruz Cruise Meet Follow Up