Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

SF to Santa Cruz Cruise Meet Follow Up

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-05, 06:06 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default SF to Santa Cruz Cruise Meet Follow Up

Thanks everyone for showing up to this meet. What was originally planned as a very informal meet turned out to be a really decent sized event. Someone who counted let me know how many cars total?

Thanks to Teeman for kicking of the first big meet of 2005. Nice seeing some old faces, plus some new ones as well. We are already in the planning stages for another mini-meet locally some time in the coming month. Then there's always the Beginning of Summer Meet (BOS) and possibly End of Summer (EOS). Please check back in the NorCal section regularly for the next activity. This is only the beginning.

I'll tell my story. As those who were there know, we staged this cruise carefully so that we didn't bring attention to ourselves with the authorities and possibly ruin our fun. Wouldn't you know that barely a minute after taking off in our caravan, a local PD shows up in the very first intersection we cross. My phone immediately went off the hook with calls about smokey on our tail. I was last car in the line so I didn't see how far along he followed us, but it looks like we made it through obstacle one without drama.

On to obstacle two. I mean LITERALLY obstacle two. Being last in the caravan, 3 of us basically lost the lead group. We were in cell contact, so no worries. About 30 minutes into the drive, I see oyabongxkp(Joe) parked on the side of the road facing the other direction. I couldn't tell what was happening, but they were out of the car. Oh well, Next thing I catch up to the main group all pulled over. Being such a long line of cars, I didn't know what was going on. All I could tell is that there were people out of the car and moving about. I make a call up front and find out xxxalwaysspeedinxxx (Tim) lost his rear bumper valance. Next thing I know here comes Joe with the valance hanging out of his car.

I was like huh ? So now I see why Joe pulled over.

Long story short, they were actually able to re-install the bumper and we all went on like nothing happened.

Now how Tim could loose his rear valance without a ton of Lexi behind him not running over it, I don't know. I'll leave that up to those WHO WERE THERE and saw it first hand.

Overall it was a great day, wheather was just right and I believe we made it without any major mishap, though we came close !

Please post pictures here.

Thanks again all for coming.
Old 04-30-05, 07:46 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well the actual truth is i had a tailgator so i had to hit my rear bumper eject button {RBEB } its my new mod...free of charge
Old 04-30-05, 08:00 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe there were about 17 or 18 cars there. this was my first norcal meet so this was a lot of fun for me. i wish i met more people though hahaha

we were one of the cars that got left behind teehee it was a little confusing at first i guess...and plus my friend was running behind sooo...YEAH! so here's MY version of the story. after we left the marina area i somehow managed to get to the front of the pack. i was up there for awhile until the lane split into 2 lanes. people started gunning it all around me so i tried to fall back and let someone else take the lead since i have the tendency to get lost lol. no one took the lead so when the lanes merged again xxxalwaysspeedinxxx was behind me. the road had cleared up in front of us so when xxxalwaysspeedinxxx started speeding up behind me, i sped up a little more to put some distance in between us. when he sped up some more when i sped up i figured out what was going on so we gunned it. next thing i know i'm checking my rearview mirror and i see his bumper fly out from behind him and across the highway. i hit my hazards to let him know that something happened and then i saw the blue IS300 come up from behind him flashing his high beams at him and thats when we pulled over. i'm glad that no one was hurt because of this thank god.

here's some pictures 56k watch out

at skyline college

Old 04-30-05, 08:01 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

skyline

Old 04-30-05, 08:02 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

skyline

we went up on a hill and took this one haha

Old 04-30-05, 08:03 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Great get together. The Skyline College meet point was a great place to gather. Lots of space, easy access and the campus security never bothered us! Great job Teeman, let's do it again! Thanks to Glen, Teeman and Will and the rest of the NorCal family and the new faces for the hospitality. My two cousins and I enjoyed every mintue of it. Pics to come. I have to sort through all of them. I'm still exhausted!

-Ryan
Old 04-30-05, 08:04 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

and our little bumper incident

enjoy!
Old 04-30-05, 08:06 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Dang Anna you're fast w/the pics, they look great!
Old 04-30-05, 08:06 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

i know im a super genius LOL
Old 04-30-05, 08:25 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Default More Pics

Most of them are close to what Miss_IS300 posted but here goes

Last edited by BC-GS430; 04-30-05 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-30-05, 08:26 PM
Jimbo2828
Pole Position

oh damn theres a picture of me walking down the hill. i jus went to do a #1
Old 04-30-05, 08:28 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so did you guys do in Santa Cruz?
Old 04-30-05, 08:30 PM
BC-GS430