Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Begining of Summer Meet V2 : Follow Up Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-05, 08:13 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks again guys for all the support.

Believe me when I say that these meets won't happen without a lot of volunteers supporting me. Even a small meet like this does take a lot more effort than people think.

Just to give props once again, let me not miss anyone this time, and in no particular order:

AL7EZZA
Teeman
xxxAlwayspeedinxxx
redgs4
Solo
lightwave76
flipside909
lex400sc

If any of these guys were not helping, I guarantee one aspect or another would not have been covered and I know that ALL of them affected your meet experience one way or another.

I'm open to suggestions for the next meet coming up on July 23. That will include a free lunch & more raffle prizes.

It is tentatively scheduled to run from 11am to 4pm. There's still room after for cruising or another activity afterwards, plus dinner for those who just can't have enough !

Suggestions?
Old 06-20-05, 10:41 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Good Times!

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Just to give props once again, let me not miss anyone this time, and in no particular order:

AL7EZZA
Teeman
xxxAlwayspeedinxxx
redgs4
Solo
lightwave76
flipside909
lex400sc

If any of these guys were not helping, I guarantee one aspect or another would not have been covered and I know that ALL of them affected your meet experience one way or another.
Many humble thanks to Glen and Co. for putting together another awesome meet!
Here are 5 pics I posted in my gallery:

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...00&ppuser=3114

A special thanks to Rominl and Flipside for directions to locales.
Another special thanks to Lightwave76 for talking to me so I could stay awake on my drive home.
And thanks to Solo for the cool PINK sticker to keep forever......

**On a side note, I have to post this because I am still stinging from rejection!!!!!!
I stayed at Hotel Vitale in SF. I see that asian actor, JOHN CHO, from "American Pie", "Better Luck Tomorrow", and "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle". I see him checking in, but I froze up and don't say anything. Then I see him again later that night, but I still freeze up. So I'm thinking to myself I have to tell him I'm a fan of his work and ask to take a photo. So the next day I see him a third time and this time I say "Excuse me....aren't you that guy in Harold and Kumar?". The guy looks over at me, but keeps walking and says "Maybe I am and maybe I'm not!". .....hahaha I wasn't in his face nor was I following him, at first I was polite, but geeze, without fans a celebrity is nothing. Here's the best part: I see him a fourth time and he sees me, but I totally ignored him. What a jerk. **

Now that I vented, I love the group photo of all of us with our cars!

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 06-20-05 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-20-05, 10:58 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Elizabeth,
Man, that is a total bummer that John Cho dissed you. And he seemed like a cool dude on screen. He should be more appreciative of his fans, esp. since there are hardly any asians on tv or the big screen. Since there aren't that many roles for asians, he should be lucky he's had some fairly decent roles (not stereotypical ones).
Old 06-20-05, 11:12 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
**On a side note, I have to post this because I am still stinging from rejection!!!!!!
I stayed at Hotel Vitale in SF. I see that asian actor, STEVE CHO, from "American Pie", "Better Luck Tomorrow", and "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle". I see him checking in, but I froze up and don't say anything. Then I see him again later that night, but I still freeze up. So I'm thinking to myself I have to tell him I'm a fan of his work and ask to take a photo. So the next day I see him a third time and this time I say "Excuse me....aren't you that guy in Harold and Kumar?". The guy looks over at me, but keeps walking and says "Maybe I am and maybe I'm not!". .....hahaha I wasn't in his face nor was I following him, at first I was polite, but geeze, without fans a celebrity is nothing. Here's the best part: I see him a fourth time and he sees me, but I totally ignored him. What a jerk.**

Now that I vented, I love the group photo of all of us with our cars!

I've seen him a couple of times at Hollywood clubs...he does seem to carry himself with that "I'm holier than thou" attitude ...at least, that's the vibe I got from him. Maybe he was just embarrassed that you associated him with the "Harold and Kumar" movie?
Old 06-20-05, 11:18 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Thanks for the correction on his name. Not to jack this thread, but I've seen him at my local Baja Fresh and I usually just leave celebrities alone. Harold and Kumar was a kick *** movie, I'd be happy to be recognized for that! In any case I've been posting my experience all over the internet 'cos I'm still seething at being dissed! Hell hath no fury......LOL.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 06-20-05 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-21-05, 12:07 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You just won't let it go, will you Liz? John Cho will rue the day he dissed Liz.
Old 06-21-05, 12:36 AM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

Liz don't lose sleep over it. I'm pretty sure any of the guys here would love to have a picture taken with you without any rejection.
Old 06-21-05, 12:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

haha let it go liz, poor you i guess you have never got rejected by someone before huh
Old 06-21-05, 03:52 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me be the first in line......

AsianGirl, can I have your autograph and a picture?

teeman3
Old 06-21-05, 05:16 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by teeman3
Let me be the first in line......

AsianGirl, can I have your autograph and a picture?

teeman3
We can have Liz at the table next time signing autograph's and pics.
Old 06-21-05, 08:00 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

hrm... looks like liz was one of the many people i didn't get to meet. with all these others talkin bout her, got me curious. anyways, was a great meet., learned some stuff from the seminar and quite a lot about my car on the rack from Kevin. My dad was impressed by the work they offer and in some of the portions of the seminar got him remembering the old days when he used to do this. Hopefully, i'll be able to have my rims on by the next meet.
Old 06-21-05, 10:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by LexAnt
hrm... looks like liz was one of the many people i didn't get to meet. with all these others talkin bout her, got me curious. anyways, was a great meet., learned some stuff from the seminar and quite a lot about my car on the rack from Kevin. My dad was impressed by the work they offer and in some of the portions of the seminar got him remembering the old days when he used to do this. Hopefully, i'll be able to have my rims on by the next meet.
WHAT? you didn't notice the hottest gal at the meet? you are soooo banned man
Old 06-21-05, 11:26 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

hahaa.. i would say it be well deserved if i was outside with the rest of ya.... most of the time was talkin suspension stuff over with Kevin.
Old 06-21-05, 11:34 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
WHAT? you didn't notice the hottest gal at the meet? you are soooo banned man
You're lucky your wife doesn't read the forums
Old 06-21-05, 11:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator