Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Dent removal shop in South Bay?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-05, 09:01 PM
eyedrop
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Dent removal shop in South Bay?

Anyone can refer me to any dent removal shop in South Bay? (San Jose, Santa Clara area)

I had a quote from Dent Pro...they wanted ~$400 for 2 dents...one in the rear fender on driver side near the taillight, and another on front passenger side fender.

It's hard to take pics of the dent, or else I would have taken one so you can see the "damage".
Old 06-24-05, 12:33 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't say much about good pricing. Dent removal is kind of an art, so the good guys charge for it.

There are two really hot dent removal guys in the area, but I don't know their contact information.

2 ways I know to get it is to PM lex400sc or e-mail him if possible.

Also calling Akins Auto repair in Santa Clara and ask them for a referral for a mobile dent repair guy. It's the same 1 or 2 people either way.

If you find one of these dent guys and you are happy with the results, please let us know.
Old 06-24-05, 01:06 AM
PineGreen
Pole Position

I know that Stevens Creek Lexus uses DentMaster for all their cars (I bought a CPO GS430 there). I used some other guy though (I got my dents removed before the dealer offered to remove my dents/dings for me). Shoot, can't remember the exact name of the guy I used, but I think it was Dent Performance. He did an adequate job I guess, but if I had to do it over, I'd probably use the dealer guy (even thought I didn't get to see his work).
Old 06-24-05, 11:18 AM
cal_alum98
Lead Lap

I had B&S Hacienda take out a bunch of dents on my car including a pretty gnarly one that required some repainting. They did a great job.
Old 06-24-05, 01:50 PM
PrlGS3
Pole Position

If the dents are just minor dings and no paint chipping, I can you the dent guy's number. He does the dent stuff for our shop and does a very good job. His prices are reasonable too... much lower than the $400 that dent pro is asking...that price is just rediculous!!!!
Old 06-24-05, 02:48 PM
49GS400
Lead Lap

Seriously, $400 for 2 dents thats as much as it is to paint a bumper. The dealer is even cheaper than that. I would just go to lexus or one of the shops listed above.
Old 06-24-05, 06:43 PM
eyedrop
Driver

Thanks Glen. I just talk to my coworker who had a dent removed by a guy working mobile from Redwood City on his Porsche 911 C4S and he's happy with the workmanship and price. I might give it a try and report back.

PrlGS3, could you please PM me the number and info? Thanks.

cal_alum98, thanks for the suggestion. But B&S is a bit far for me. Wouldn't I have to leave the car there for couple of hours??

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Much appreciated.
Old 06-25-05, 12:30 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lexus of Concord uses DentPro as well, so does the body shop across the street from them. I'd say call the dealer down there and your insurance company to see who they recommend.
Old 07-03-05, 07:11 PM
firestorm
Driver School Candidate

As you guys may or may not know, Dent Pro is a franchise, so the one you go to may be good, or not so good.

My other ride (track car) is a '93 RX-7, and us Bay Area Rotary folks, and even now the Rennlist folks) have had really good results with the folks who now work at the Dent Pro in Santa Clara, Montague and Mission College, next door to the Starbucks. We have been doing club days there for several years now, and have had very good results.

In fact, this may be a recommendation (to Glen? that we arrange with them a Club Lexus day there. They've given us (I think)10% off if we arrange to take our cars there on one day, usually a w/e day. Just a thought

James
Old 07-04-05, 11:31 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by firestorm
In fact, this may be a recommendation (to Glen? that we arrange with them a Club Lexus day there. They've given us (I think)10% off if we arrange to take our cars there on one day, usually a w/e day. Just a thought

James
YES ! Good recommendation. Since most meets I hold are typically within 10 min of my house, Dent Pro is a good potential Meet Venue !

Seriously I have bveen looking at that particular Dent Pro branch for a while now and have seen other clubs meet there. I just didn't have any recommendations. So your's is the first. Usually the sponsors I pick are those that we have already established a business relationship with.

I don't like holding meets at a business just for the sake of advertising for them, unless we have a proven track record with them.

Anyone trying out Dent Pro in Santa Clara, please feed back your experience.
Old 07-04-05, 07:04 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive seen a lot of advertising locally for The Dent Guys...dont know how good they are, but see their van's on the roads alot. And I believe their office (or one of them) is located here in Concord.
Old 07-04-05, 07:12 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

i have a buddy that works for numi and fixes dent on the line, maybe he can help you out for half the cost? he's in fremont area
Old 07-04-05, 07:59 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by jmjs23
Ive seen a lot of advertising locally for The Dent Guys...dont know how good they are, but see their van's on the roads alot. And I believe their office (or one of them) is located here in Concord.
Like I was trying to point out earlier. You shouldn't go to a Dent Company, you wanna go to a specific person, whether they are in that franchise or an independent.

This is the same advice I give when looking to paint a car. I don't recommend a paint shop, I recommend specifically a painter by name.

If you don't do it this way, you can never tell when there is a new hire who is going to get your car as their first practice vehicle.

Car stereo installation is another example where this holds true.
Old 07-04-05, 09:04 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Like I was trying to point out earlier. You shouldn't go to a Dent Company, you wanna go to a specific person, whether they are in that franchise or an independent.

This is the same advice I give when looking to paint a car. I don't recommend a paint shop, I recommend specifically a painter by name.

If you don't do it this way, you can never tell when there is a new hire who is going to get your car as their first practice vehicle.

Car stereo installation is another example where this holds true.
makes enough sense...will definitely keep that in mind given that I am looking to have my car repainted (or touched up) in the months ahead.
Old 07-04-05, 10:47 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by jmjs23
makes enough sense...will definitely keep that in mind given that I am looking to have my car repainted (or touched up) in the months ahead.

I have a recommendation for that as well.

You will be able to see this guys work at our next meet on July 23. A couple of cars are being worked on right now.

Quick Reply: Dent removal shop in South Bay?