Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

GS Experts In SF Bay Area & BrianGS430's GS

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-05 | 10:47 PM
GeeEssTray
Driver School Candidate

Default GS Experts In SF Bay Area & BrianGS430's GS

I own a 1998 GS300 that has held up relatively well (given its high mileage) but is in need of a few repairs. To an untrained eye the car looks excellent, however closer inspection would reveal several areas of body-related damage that I would like to get fixed soon and at a fair price. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and have visited several dealers here for estimates, but I really don't think they're giving me fair quotes. Can anyone refer me to a local body shop that could restore my GS to its original form without breaking my wallet?

Also experiencing a few interior issues, and wondering if someone could direct me to a place with reasonably priced parts and labor:

-window up/down buttons on driver side door (all popped out and not functioning)
-windshield wiper column switch - broken off
-passenger side door unlock button - popped off
-Lexus OEM stereo backlight dead

Which area Lexus dealer or shop could fix these problems at a low cost?

Lastly, I recently decided to purchase a set of OEM 2006 GS430 18" wheels (any sellers out there?), and would like to complement them with what BrianGS430 has going on here. Brian, or anyone out there, can you let me know the cost of all your mods (as listed below from your signature)?

2002 Lexus GS430 Silver/Blk | Blk. Pearl Emblems | TRD | SRT | UGO | TEIN | POLARG | NOYKA | TOM's | BLITZ | BRADI | KAJU-CAB | 35% tint | JDM clear inner tail | CF-plate garnish | PhotoCop | Blk. Pearl Trunk bar | NAV/DVD/TV | QUEST POWER-Q16 Sport frnt w/CF lip | CF-Side | Rear 16L CF lip | Duck spoiler | Q45 HID 6000K | SRT intake w/ chip

Thanks in advance for all of your help.
Old 08-15-05 | 10:57 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

This needs to get moved to the NorCal section so that all your questions can get answered.

GeeEssTray,
you've been registered since 2003 and never gone to our meets ????

If you hung with the locals, you would know all the local "GO TO" shops that we've been patronizing for years.

Get to kno your local bros and you'll get hooked up.
Old 08-15-05 | 11:02 PM
GeeEssTray
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
This needs to get moved to the NorCal section so that all your questions can get answered.

GeeEssTray,
you've been registered since 2003 and never gone to our meets ????

If you hung with the locals, you would know all the local "GO TO" shops that we've been patronizing for years.

Get to kno your local bros and you'll get hooked up.
Been a member that long but only in the Bay a couple of months! Hopefully it's not too late to get plugged into the hook ups you guys have here. Can someone fill me in in the mean time, on the service (body/parts) issues, as well as where to get those rims on discount?

Thanks again!
Old 08-16-05 | 12:10 AM
Neo
The One

Well, I think you should itemize what it is on Brian's car you want to do. do you want to cipy his setup exactly? Most of those mods were there when he bought the car from his cousin (PaulGS430). Some of the items on the list are just brands (TRD, UGO, TEIN, BLITZ, ...). W can only guess at what part that is refering to. There are also custom mods like the Q45 retrofit, which you cannot just "buy" at a store.
Old 08-16-05 | 10:58 AM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neo
Well, I think you should itemize what it is on Brian's car you want to do. do you want to cipy his setup exactly? Most of those mods were there when he bought the car from his cousin (PaulGS430). Some of the items on the list are just brands (TRD, UGO, TEIN, BLITZ, ...). W can only guess at what part that is refering to. There are also custom mods like the Q45 retrofit, which you cannot just "buy" at a store.
hahaha sorry if i've responded kind of late... i've been without internet and it's been killing me.

as neo has already said, i purchased the car with most if not all the mods already on the car.

i'll have to get back to with the costs however.