Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Official post-EOS4 meet thread (pics go here, 56k have fun)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-05, 11:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

and this is fresh from my wife drive back down to LA by herself..... imagine how many looked at her car and wondered wtf is wrong with the driver

noticed how every slat was wraped, and even the chrome trim on the side mirrors!

Old 10-04-05, 12:29 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by solo
Oh, my bad.. my wife saw the whole thing from inside the car... she was dying laughing...

Once again, thank you and everyone else for making this event a great one!
Old 10-04-05, 08:02 AM
AgSport
Driver School Candidate

Thank you LGW and CL crews for all your hard work to organize & put on the EOS event.

Lexus of Stevens Creek: thanks for your hospitality and generosity with lunch.

And, TM Engineering thanks for your raffle prize. It's much appreciated!
Old 10-04-05, 12:25 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Talking Eos Was A Blast!

I HAD A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!

It was touch and go as far as my attending this event so i was happy everything worked out in the end.

Friday convoy:
Friday morning I come out to my car and there is some ash on my newly washed car and I can smell something burning. As soon as I get on the 5 North I see the Burbank fire:

**see picture below**

The convoy was my first one and I have to say it certaintly made the drive so much faster. Thanks to LXOGOOD for lending me a walkie talkie, I would have been really bummed not being able to communicate with everyone. I hardly listened to any music, just listened to everyone's funny random comments.

There was a jerk in a gold Camry on the way up who tried to slide into my lane while I was still in it! I don't know what it is about smaller cars and girl drivers that makes idiots think I will just slow down and let him cut in front of me. With Flipside909 and PAPASMURF taking the lead we boxed him in for about 20 miles. At certain points we moved around to make him think he was getting an opening, then they would block him in again. Es3BLK94 came along side of him and threw a empty water bottle at his car too. That whole thing was hysterical! Camry guy was so mad we finally decided he had enough and let him go.

Friday Pre Meet Dinner:
About 25 people showed up for dinner at Benningan's and that was a lot of fun. I passed out a bunch of Lexus goodies courtesy of Lexus of Glendale.

I would like to thank Johnny Harrison, Paris Blohm, and Gilbert Cheng for their extreme GENEROSITY and support of Club Lexus!

Also thanks to Glen for getting me my birthday cake, it was so yummy. It was a pleasant surprise as it turned out to be my favorite, sponge with fruit in middle. After dinner a handful of us went to Santana Row, but everything was closed so we went back to hotel where we all immediately got online in the business center.

Saturday:
I went to the car wash and paid 20 bucks for a regular wash. I always forget how expensive the cost of living is in NorCal. Afterward I tried to get a manicure and pedicure in the mall next to hotel and they wanted 57 bucks! So I traveled into the city where my sister took me to a local joint in Castro and it was much cheaper.
Saturday night was a impromtu dinner at Pedro's and it was quite good. Thanks to Lightwave76 for drinking more margueritas with me just so I could get the free set of souvenir glasses.
My biggest shock came when the SoCal convoy got me a surprise birthday gift from Tiffany's! Every girl loves to see that light blue box with white ribbon and I would like to thank them again (if I mispelled or forgot you, I apologize):
Flipside909
LXOGOOD
GGP4ME
Papasmurf
white98ARISTO
AL2JZGE
LexAristo
CarlssonLS400
LOTC
SanseiGS43
Es3BLK94
LexusGS3

Sunday Meet:
So I find out that Rominl decide to pack me on morning meeting time for staff members. He told me 7:30 am sharp, but told everyone else no later than 8 am. Hmmm..I guess I do run late sometimes. Even at that early time there was already a group of cars waiting to get in. This was my first EOS meet and I was told things ran really smoothly this year as there were many volunteers. I was in charge of name tags as people drove in and it was a good chance for me to say hi to names I recognized. We stopped the gate around 10:30 am so I got to hang out and enjoy the meet. It was great fun and nice to see my car finally among the rest of the IS family. Thanks to 2perspective for my dog tags, I love it! It's hanging from my rear view mirror.
It was great to meet so many new people and hang out with old friends as well.
Thanks to Lightwave76 for making me a second birthday cake, a homemade Tiramisu, which disappeared in about 5 minutes.

Convoy home:
We had a few more cars on the way back, 13 total I think, and Neo hitched a ride back as a passenger. We left around 5:30 pm, gassed up, then hit the road. For dinner we stopped at Anderson's Pea Soup where I had the "endless" pea soup, sooo good. After darkness fell there was traffic and a lot of CHP so we kept speed at a minimum. A Honda cut me off and I drove my car over almost into the gutter. I caught up to him, but he immediately moved back into slow lane and slowed down. I guess he got scared after seeing the whole gang of Lexus'.
The drive back was hard as I was getting sleepy and I got home just before midnight. I was so exhausted I fell alseep in my EOS t-shirt, didn't even bother to change.

Thank you to Glen , Rominl and the ENTIRE NorCal crew for making my first EOS meet a memorable one. Love you guys!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Official post-EOS4 meet thread (pics go here, 56k have fun)-fire.jpg  

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 10-04-05 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-04-05, 12:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

haha very nice recap there liz i am glad that you have fun!!!!

and everyone, i told liz to come early FOR A REASON, coz' after all the time i told her, she STILL arrived at 8:05
Old 10-04-05, 01:10 PM
inkblot
Pole Position

Liz-

It was great finally meeting you and thanks so much for your generosity on behalf of Lexus of Glendale. I can see why everyone wants to buy from you. Glad you made it home safe.

That pic of the fire you posted above looks really weird...sorta like someone bombed the area with the shape of that cloud

-Jeff
Old 10-04-05, 01:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

jeff you should see the "fire" 2 yrs ago. well basically you couldn't see LA anymore....

and yup, now you know why liz is so popular around here? first of all she's so hot, you just want to hang out with a hot chick ANY DAY. and she gets you exactly what you want too! not only me, my wife says the same as well. there is a reason why my previous two cars came 400 miles away
Old 10-04-05, 02:26 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
and yup, now you know why liz is so popular around here? first of all she's so hot, you just want to hang out with a hot chick ANY DAY.
Really ..lets see a pic
Old 10-04-05, 06:50 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

haha very nice recap there liz i am glad that you have fun!!!!

and everyone, i told liz to come early FOR A REASON, coz' after all the time i told her, she STILL arrived at 8:05
LMAO, Henry like I told you, I came late on PURPOSE just to drive you nuts. Once I found out that you packed me and no one else on a.m. roll call time. You sneak! I was the only one who went to bed at 10:30 on Saturday night. That should prove my dedication, who goes to bed at 10:30 pm on a Saturday night for pete's sake! I go OUT later than that in Los Angeles for cryin' out loud. Sheesh..........
Old 10-04-05, 06:58 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by inkblot
Liz-

It was great finally meeting you and thanks so much for your generosity on behalf of Lexus of Glendale. I can see why everyone wants to buy from you. Glad you made it home safe.

That pic of the fire you posted above looks really weird...sorta like someone bombed the area with the shape of that cloud

-Jeff
Thanks Jeff, it was nice meeting you also. Your car is really COOL. I especially liked those rims.
Yeah, that fire was weird. I drove right by it, people were slowing down to look and I could see red embers as I got closer. Usually the fires are out further away from Hollywood, but this was too close to home for me.
Old 10-04-05, 07:38 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TLW
Really ..lets see a pic
haha sound just like me when i didn't get a chance to meet her... i'm gonna have to concur with henry on this, liz is hot...
Old 10-04-05, 08:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
LMAO, Henry like I told you, I came late on PURPOSE just to drive you nuts. Once I found out that you packed me and no one else on a.m. roll call time. You sneak! I was the only one who went to bed at 10:30 on Saturday night. That should prove my dedication, who goes to bed at 10:30 pm on a Saturday night for pete's sake! I go OUT later than that in Los Angeles for cryin' out loud. Sheesh..........
this is an exact quote from my email to ALL helpers:

Timeline:
7:30-8:00am all helpers arrive and get ready
First of all, please make sure you arrive at LSC service center at 7:30am
what else do you want me to say liz? i never told you anything different from what i told other people
Old 10-04-05, 08:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LexAnt
haha sound just like me when i didn't get a chance to meet her... i'm gonna have to concur with henry on this, liz is hot...
you are right on, anthony. whoever thinks liz is not hot, that guy is crazy!
Old 10-04-05, 08:58 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

i never told you anything different from what i told other people
Haha, I never got to read email because I was going nuts trying to get everything ready remember? You told me personal on phone and you SAID no later than 7:30 am. You packed me like UPS! LOL....
Old 10-04-05, 09:35 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Haha, I never got to read email because I was going nuts trying to get everything ready remember? You told me personal on phone and you SAID no later than 7:30 am. You packed me like UPS! LOL....

Atleast he sent you via overnite !

Glad you FINALLY made it Liz !

We are going to have to get pretty clever in order for you to come again next year.

Quick Reply: Official post-EOS4 meet thread (pics go here, 56k have fun)