Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Calling All EOS Daizen Bushing Winners

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-05, 09:44 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

exact will take care of you, john did all the bushings on my car, upper, lower, front, rear, cambers and so on. it took him pretty much the whole day, an 8 hour day but i noticed he had to stay a little after to finish. but he did it all in one day and lubed them up good, because i've heard ppl saying that the daizens will squeak once the lube goes out, but i've had them on for close to a year now in the rain and so on, no squeaks. john lubes them up pretty darn good. i guess another post for exact for the win!
Old 10-17-05, 12:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LexAnt
exact will take care of you, john did all the bushings on my car, upper, lower, front, rear, cambers and so on. it took him pretty much the whole day, an 8 hour day but i noticed he had to stay a little after to finish. but he did it all in one day and lubed them up good, because i've heard ppl saying that the daizens will squeak once the lube goes out, but i've had them on for close to a year now in the rain and so on, no squeaks. john lubes them up pretty darn good. i guess another post for exact for the win!
yeah, when you play with poly-urethene, grease is important to make sure there is no squeaking. my bushings are so far so good too, knock on wood
Old 10-30-05, 08:37 AM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious... how much did this install cost you guys?
Old 10-31-05, 12:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LeXuSrAcIn
Just curious... how much did this install cost you guys?
i don't think anyone has done the install yet, but i think around 500 to 600 bucks?
Old 10-31-05, 06:42 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

I'll have to take that dreaded hit pretty soon.
Old 10-31-05, 10:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LeXuSrAcIn
I'll have to take that dreaded hit pretty soon.
think of it this way, afterwards you get yourself a brand new car
Old 11-07-05, 07:27 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will be having the bushings installed on my GS within a month or so.

Exact will use my car to figure out the pricing.

For those that have not bought the bushings yet, DON'T. Exact will probably offer an additional discount on the labor if you buy the Daizen bushings directly from Exact.
Old 11-08-05, 10:33 AM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
I will be having the bushings installed on my GS within a month or so.

Exact will use my car to figure out the pricing.

For those that have not bought the bushings yet, DON'T. Exact will probably offer an additional discount on the labor if you buy the Daizen bushings directly from Exact.
I still need mine done too so please keep me in the loop.
Thanks, jd
Old 11-12-05, 08:15 PM
newgs3
Driver

yea i called exact motorsport and they told me that it's going to cost $720.00 for them to install the daizen bushing. Damn that's a lot of money. They also said the reason why it cost so much is because it's going to take them like 8 hours to do the bushing...
Old 11-12-05, 09:51 PM
RMMGS4

The price he gave is an estimate. I hope it goes down from there. Once he and Todd work out the fastest way to remove / replace these bushings, my hopes are that they can knock down the price.

I am still waiting to have mine done first. Once he gets through mine we'll have a solid price.

Cross you fingers it will be less.

For sure this is the kind of job where the labor costs much more than the price. Same thing happens if you have your timing belt replaced in a gs4. Labor is way more than the cost of the belt.
Old 11-12-05, 10:24 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

yea that price seems about right. when he did all my control arms for daizens, it took him the whole day. i won't give away the method he used, but i can say it was a better approach than the burn the old bushing out technique. either way, it took the whole day for fronts/rears/uppers/lowers. i would think it be less for you GS guys since only the fronts are available so far.
Old 11-12-05, 11:35 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by LexAnt
yea that price seems about right. when he did all my control arms for daizens, it took him the whole day. i won't give away the method he used, but i can say it was a better approach than the burn the old bushing out technique. either way, it took the whole day for fronts/rears/uppers/lowers. i would think it be less for you GS guys since only the fronts are available so far.

That's pretty much my point Anthony, the GS bushing kit is probably less than half of your kit.

It should cost less for the GS.

As far as the SC and all those bushings, yea that is gonna cost some $$, but how would you describe the difference??
Old 11-13-05, 06:17 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

the difference before and after bushings, i would have to say is like going from stock springs to a set of aftermarket springs. the ride gets firmer, road feel becomes more, but i wouldn't say it's harsh like some people make it out to be.

Last edited by LexAnt; 11-14-05 at 09:39 AM.
Old 11-13-05, 10:35 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

can a machine shop press out the bushings if I bring in my control arms? It doesn't look too hard to remove the arms off the car, but the torque values are something to be careful about.
Old 11-14-05, 12:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by nthach
can a machine shop press out the bushings if I bring in my control arms? It doesn't look too hard to remove the arms off the car, but the torque values are something to be careful about.
technically, yes, practically, it's hard. the whole idea is to push out the bushing, but it's very hard to get them pushed out.

and i talked to john on friday. he's going to work on my car next sat so he will take a look a the bushings, and then he will do glen's as well. there are 4 bushings on each side (front), so the install time should be a bit less than that for the sc

Quick Reply: Calling All EOS Daizen Bushing Winners