Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Calling All EOS Daizen Bushing Winners

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-05, 08:49 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Calling All EOS Daizen Bushing Winners

I didn't get to check off the names of ALL the winners of the Daizen Bushing kits.

Please contact me by PM regarding installation options.

This is unfortunately NOT a job for just any mechanic or do-it-yourselfer and it needs to be done by an experienced automotive shop.

I guarantee you that 99.9% of the shops out there have never installed bushings on a Lexus. If you know of one, let me know who they are, cause they "better" be on my list.

Please do yourself a favor and contact me before installing.

Thanks!
Old 10-04-05, 10:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i can vouch for the difficulties on the installations as well, especially the control arm bushings (gs, ls, sc). they are no fun, and very labor intensive and a lot of hours involved. you need someone very skilled and smart to do it. even TM Engineering took a while to figure out the tricks.

glen and i are trying to get some better contacts for people to get the bushings installed correctly, so let's make that happen!
Old 10-04-05, 12:36 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Glen,

I know you probably already know this but I'll toss it out anyways. I had all my control arm bushings replaced with daizen counterparts as well as the camber kit for front and rear which is basically the upper control arms. Job was done by John at Exact, took him the whole day to do it so definitely not a DIY'er unless you have days to work on it. The method for DIY was burn the old bushings out and lemme tell you, I tried, 4 hours for just one control arm of 8... best to have it done by a mechanic, especially since you won't rip the ball joint boot like I did on the one DIY. Anyways as for the steering rack bushings, I'm gonna have Custom Alignment install those, Kevin told me he could do it since I'm having him mount/balance tires, corner balance, alignment, center steer already.
Old 10-04-05, 01:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

the steering rack bushings are easy to change, that's no problem

but yes the control arm bushings are the real pain, not easy at all. and after all the burning you still need to cut out the metal sleeves
Old 10-05-05, 05:44 PM
soarer1023
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent, thx for the heads up
Old 10-05-05, 06:06 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a set out of the back of Todd's LS, does that count?
Old 10-05-05, 09:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

of course that counts, chris.

basically we are trying to find a "dedicate" and "highly recommended" place where the bushings will be put on right
Old 10-09-05, 01:15 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by redgs4
I bought a set out of the back of Todd's LS, does that count?
Hey man you aren't supposed to tell people I was slanging bushings out of the back of my LS400. Ummm I also have some speakers that my boss wants me to get rid of, usually theyr'e like 700 bucks but I can let you have them for 150.

LOL!!!
Old 10-09-05, 09:59 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

think todd'll give me a deal If I make him install my springs/shocks/bushings?
Old 10-09-05, 09:59 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by DoubleWhoosh
Hey man you aren't supposed to tell people I was slanging bushings out of the back of my LS400. Ummm I also have some speakers that my boss wants me to get rid of, usually theyr'e like 700 bucks but I can let you have them for 150.

LOL!!!
Todd, you mean I can't get that hi-fi sound system worth $1500 for only $29.95 anymore?
Old 10-10-05, 11:16 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandicus
think todd'll give me a deal If I make him install my springs/shocks/bushings?
Maybe, but you'll have to drive to SoCal.
Old 10-13-05, 04:51 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

if its worth the money Ill drive... Ill time it so I can go to a meet down there or something...
Old 10-13-05, 10:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Brandicus
if its worth the money Ill drive... Ill time it so I can go to a meet down there or something...
going to exact is always worth the money imho
Old 10-16-05, 07:45 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wish i had gone to Exact

when i had my LCA bushings changed a few months back. what was supposed to be a 5 hour job, turned into a week long nightmare.
I decided to have it done at a local shop, in Sunnyvale ( i wont mention the name, I feel they did their best, but I cant recommend using them for this). I wish i had gone to Exact.
But i left the car in the AM, got a call at noon and was told they had the 1st arm off ,and the old bushing just fell apart in their hands. They also said that the bushings i supplied didnt fit. These were the 99$ Ebay bushings BTW.
And thats when the stress began to find a set . Wich i left up to them, but they called the end of the day stating those didnt fit either... So they were going to try again the next AM. In the meantime i was stressing, And even posted asking for help on this forum.. Aand finally i ordered a set of the Daizans from TM engineering, They couldnt have gotten them to me quicker if they drove them to me. I ordered at 10 PM and they arrived at 11 AM the next AM. Of course it was a Fri and they were going to try and do it the next AM and finish by closing. I got no call all day on the progress, so i ccall at 530, and they wouldnt finish ril Tues since they were closed Sun and Mon. But he said they shouldnt take more than a few hours to do. Well finally they did finish Wed PM.
Like I stated i feel they did the best they could , And it helped my ride immensely, basically they didnt have any exp w this type of suspension. I have a few gripes with them though, because the reason the 1st set didnt fit, was they should have reused the old sleeves, Im guessing they tossed em? But im moreso actually slightly irritated with them and also bummed by my discovery earlier in the week. The drivers side bushing is shredding around the top. . Im just assuming they tightened the bollts before lowering the lift and or didnt lube properly ? In any case it looks like im gonna have to redo that side ?
Anyhow to make a long story short. This is a job that you really need to have done by a Lexus/Toyota expert for sure. unless you haveairtools and a ton of time. They easily put 12 hours into mine and still didnt really do a proper job.
Since its a given at least on the older SCs that you will need to have this procedure done .i tip my cap to you guys for making a list of shops who are knowledgable and exp with this procedure. One thought i have that would help people in deciding where to go .is giving a price that each shop would charge. But regardless the info is much appreciated. And Thanks for the help !
Old 10-16-05, 08:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

thanks for the feedback, it's nice of you to raise the concern on the difficulty of the install. sorry to hear about your problems and had the car at the shop for a week. hopefully soon exact can get everything ready!

Quick Reply: Calling All EOS Daizen Bushing Winners